Hey guys, I finally saved enough for a newish car and was here to ask for advice on what to buy...

Hey guys, I finally saved enough for a newish car and was here to ask for advice on what to buy. I know nothing about cars but am looking for something reliable as I drive 700 miles / week and also that is easy to work on/cheap when it needs to be repaired. My limit is $20,000. Thanks in advance.

Might be helpful to know a bit more about what you want out of the car besides reliability. I'd suggest looking at nicely equipped low mileage Accords or Camrys given what you have said though.

anything japanese above 1.5 litres but below 3.5 litres

cpo mazda 6

Get a Honda Fit. It is the cheapest complete car that I recommend. The cargo space is amazing and it has a good list of features at the LX level.

If you like to drive, get a Toyota Yaris sedan/IA. It's actually a Mazda 2 sedan which you can't buy in North America. Its show but handles really well.

Current generations of both cars have those annoying shields underneath to make oil changes harder, and changing the sparks in a Fit is a PITA buy they are both pretty much bulletproof.

>BUYING A NEW CAR

what a pleb

craigslist only

Save your money and move closer to your job.

Just a regular 4 door car. I’m not really into special features or anything like that.
Thanks I will look into that
I would rather kill myself before moving to San Francisco or any durrounding areas, price is crazy and I dislike the general atmosphere / people that live there.

Thank you for the responses so far, I will check out the camry, accord and mazdas mentioned above

Buy 10 cheap Ford Taurus cars, strip em down and make a single functional car. It's sometimes cheaper to get a fleet of parts cars and strip them for useful parts especially if you can get good money for the frames and shit (metal scrappers will probably tow away frames and pay you for it, meanwhile you have a bunch of parts to fix your shitbox with)

Funny because my current shitbox is a ford taurus

move out of commiefornia.

just keep fixing it. it's still adequate transportation. buy a fun weekend car or toy instead.

r8 my new OC

2013 ford fiesta 5 speeds can be had at low mileage for stupid cheap
like >$5k

I think they look kinda cute too

Kekd thanks for this 10/10

Are they easy to repair though. Honestly I've never owned a Ford ++not op++

they're trash. just get a civic for 3k.

hard to say

I've heard horror stories about the automatic tranny blowing up at 30k miles so I know thats a problem but that drove down the price of all of them including the unaffected 5 speed

I honestly think its the best deal right now if you strictly look at mileage/age

op said he wanted a newer car
3k might get you a 10 year old civic from a beaner off craigslist

Thank you for the laugh. This is very true after browsing cragslist, especially in california, posts are in half spanish, half english. I have it narrowed down to a honda accord or a civic, 2015 , both under 30k miles but civic is much cheaper

Just fix your current car. Buying new shitboxes is retarded.

It was driven for a while without any coolant ( I didn’t know ) , needs a new water pump, fuel pump, exhaust manifold is fucked, after a few days the coolant started turning darker/ almost black, the engine smells like it is burning, transmission starts slipping after driving it about 40 miles, lots of body damage, carmax offered me $1200 for it , more than I anticipated

post your local craiglist. san fran?