Supra

Why is it good/shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t-rUFFAua0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a good car, just ruined by rice tax.

It’s a really good all around car, they’re just overpriced in burger land

This is the peak of toyota's design. I can't say a car appeals to me in looks as much as this car.

The new Supra will be bloated and packed with superfluous tech. Kill me now.

The Good
>2JZGTE
>Sequential Turbos
>Driver focused interior

The Bad
>Really heavy
>Arguably bland design
>Extreme hype around the car
>Overpriced

Classic case of good engineering in a poor platform.

I suppose this could tie into "extreme hype", but another BAD is the real possibility of it getting stolen if not garaged overnight. That would make me nervous about owning any of these sought after cars

They're good if your not a poorfag and can afford to put an lsx454 in them

It's good because it's a good platform to mod
It's bad because it's fucking ugly and fanboys insist it's the best thing ever.

Amazing engine. Amazing body. Amazing cockpit-like interior. Ruined by rice tax, Americans who've never had RBs, and a front bumper that always looks like it's forcing a smile.

the sc400 and sc300 had all the same engine options as the supra with better interior and options for leater and satnav back in 1991

>the sc400 and sc300 had all the same engine options as the supra
I wasn't aware that 2JZ-GTE was the same thing as 2JZ-GE

>sc300/400
>same engine options as supra
>was not available with the GTE

Pigfat as shit. It has a slightly better power to weight ratio than a 4runner.
Keep it at stock power and you'll get smoked by minivans, go full retard ZOMG 1000HP ON STOCK INTERNALS mode and you'll still get smoked by minivans because you now have a dyno queen.

you could get a 1jzgte in jap. arguably a better engine than a 2j. they go for $5k in australia now. no brainer, better than a poopra.

Because 1200hp isn't useful when your clutch is going to grind up faster than the speed of light.

You can get a heavy ass clutch to handle it. It's putting the power down that they struggle with. See the 400hp, 700hp and 1000hp 1/4 mile supra joke.
Nothing...nothing...boost...wheelspin, repeat, gets old after a while.

the soarer came in a gte so its a direct swap in the first gen models

the sc300/400 soarer is like japans mustang, there were a ton of different engine trans and interior combos

and the japenese models could be had in:

1jz-gte
1jz-gte (with vvti)
2jz-ge
2jz-ge (with vvti)
1uz-fe : the 1991 to 1993 made more power than subsequent models

you could even get the sc400 with lexus' version of active body control otherwise known as hydrolic self leveling suspension

>the soarer came in a gte so its a direct swap in the first gen models
That's not the same as "comes with all the same engine options" you stupid fanboy

HEY RETARD IF YOU LIVED IN JAPAN YOU COULD BUY A SOARER WITH A SINGE OR TWIN TURBO 2JZ-GTE MEANING THAT IF YOU WANTED ONE FOR UR AMERICAN CAN IT WOULD BE A DIRECT SWAP FROM THE JAPENESE (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) MODEL

this
youtu.be/t-rUFFAua0A
they are a little chubby desu

>spending money to make the car slower