Is Mercedes considered a step above other luxury brands like Cadillac and Audi and BMW?

Is Mercedes considered a step above other luxury brands like Cadillac and Audi and BMW?

Other urls found in this thread:

motorauthority.com/news/1086251_next-rolls-royce-phantom-to-share-7-series-platform-arrive-in-2016-report
finn.no/car/used/search.html?make=0.744&model=1.744.841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes but Audi is pretty close now

Absolutely. Still beneath Rolls Royce, though.

>luxury brands like Cadillac

Rolls Royce
Bentley
Mercedes + Maybach
Audi
BMW + Alpina
Lexus
Jaguar
Cadillac/Lincoln

Depends on the model. The entry level ones (A, B, CLA) are no better than several of their competitors. The premium ones like the AMG GT, S-Class coupe and especially the Maybach S-Class are among the best luxury cars for sale right now. The Maybach may actually be even better than a Rolls-Royce.

Cadillac and Audi, yes
BMW, no

lmao

?

BMW is definitely below Mercedes for material, premiums and price. I'd rather have the Beamer but let's not kid ourselves.
Mercedes is excessive and largely overrated by people who have more money than sense, though.

Rolls Royce = BMW
BMW>All

>maybach better than rolls
maybe on par with a low end rolls but definitely not better

BMW manufactures Rolls Royce's powerplants now, but the design, assembly and customization of the car is all still done by the same small team in England. It's not operated like a typical subsidiary.

RR use BMW drivetrains and platforms and are co developed with 7 series bmw's (hence new 7ers have most of the new tech new Rolls have)

In luxury? Sure. Mercedes is on the same level as high trim Porsches.

I'd rather have an Audi or BMW though honestly, and I'd rather have a Porsche over all of them.

Only the "small" ones, not the Phantom.

>Is a rebadged Chrysler a step above a rebadged Opel and a rebadged VW and a rebadged mini?

>The Maybach may actually be even better than a Rolls-Royce.
I'd unironically rather have C-class. Not counting for the Maybach being a land yacht like the town car, I don't think I could live with getting a minor door ding or casual wear and tear on a Maybach.

On a C-class, I'd pop that shit out myself and not worry about the almost invisible imperfection.

It's almost like a multi billion dollar industry would find it appealing to market to every demographic.

What's up with the disgusting shiny interior trim?

>rebadged Chrysler
you wish, amerifag

How cool would a Maybach beater be though? I feel the more expensive the car, the more badass it looks when dirty and beaten up, it adds character.

>Baby's first meme

It would look like dogshit, imagine seeing a miraculous town car with no dings or dents versus some nigged up beater town car with faded paint, rust, and dents all over it.

>I'd unironically rather have C-class.

Yes, E-Class and S-class are and have always been category leading.

Lexus is actually the best, unless you think "luxury" is falling apart after the lease is up.

So where does Maserati fall in these rankings?

Phantom does use 7 series platform though

Makes with dedicated luxury platforms > Makes without dedicated luxury platforms

So BMW, Merc, Lexus, Caddy > Audi, Acura, Lincoln

I'm pretty sure some lexus models share platforms with toyota too.

Post something other than doodoo brown next time, these images remind me of seraquil

Well we can't all have a bus pass like you user. I prefer smaller cars, and the Maybach is a huge, expensive yacht that's going to be a pain in the ass with or without backup cameras.

I'd rather have a GT2 RS or R8. Fuck, I'd probably rather get a LC500. Spending 200 grand on a fucking sedan is the stupidest shit I've ever heard of though, it's not for me, that's some dumb shit. If I buy a luxury sedan like a maybach or rolls I'm going to have a driver and be too busy getting a blowjob by some eastern european hooker in the back.

Only IS-GS and LS models are sold in my country so I don't really know. (Also the crossovers but who cares about those)

It does not. The Ghost does.

Look, you fucking retard. People that buy a Maybach are not going to ride it in the driver's seat, and they will be able to afford keeping it spotless.

But what I am saying is, a beat up s class or rolls is much better than a beat up c class, people would think the s class went through some mafia shit, while they would just think the middle aged lawyer is a complete moron who has no clue how to take care of his C-class

The 911 Turbo is closer in price range than the GT2, but yeah I can see where you're going with this.

Are you under the impression a 170k car can't be had by any newly rich millionaire? It's expensive and high end, but it's not a fucking lambo, and CERTAINLY not a fucking Rolls.

Why the fuck would some newly rich buy an extended wheelbase luxury sedan with reclining rear seats and then drive it himself?

Who actually buys those landboat luxury cars? You're paying 80k+ for a car the size of a fucking full cab truck. Who the hell wants that? Heavy, terrible mpg, terrible turning radius, terrible for cities. 3 series BMW and it's competitors are the perfect size, 5 series is pushing it but beyond that is pure retard tier.

He wouldn't, he'd get a sports car or luxury SUV like 99% of the population.

Luxury sedans are only acceptable in the entry level luxury market. After 80k you're really pushing how much "luxury" you're getting for your dollar, at least with sedans. After that it usually comes down to performance, which, again, you get a coupe or sports car for.

*unless you get driven around in a rolls while getting your balls drowned in the back seat by some twenty year old blonde.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

You realize Maybachs are considered limos by normie article writers and journalists, right?

Is it really so hard to use google?
motorauthority.com/news/1086251_next-rolls-royce-phantom-to-share-7-series-platform-arrive-in-2016-report

I would. Big cars are comfy as hell, luxury ones moreso. The mpg isn't bad with newer transmission tech, especially coming from older luxobarges.

The torque is awesome, the interiors are spacious, better thought out and more asthetically pleasing, speaker layout is usually miles better than most cars, the ride is much smoother and quieter.

A good v8 luxobarge feels like you're in an aggressive 4000+ steel beast that's untouchable. A big tank that's a direct fuck you to physics and the outside world.

The question is how bad is the maybach to drive?
I'm unironically thinking of buying one to drive myself, i don't want a chauffeur.

>rebadged chrysler
Ayy lmao what did la creatura mean by this?

>article from 2013
>nothing of what's said actually occured in 2016
>or in the meantime for that matter

Mercedes used to be pretty fucking good until 2007 arrived and they decided to fuck things up. They are starting to recover little by little, but the Mercedes reliability is gone. They introduced the oversized lighted badge which appeals to a particular kind of people. They even use the engine from a fucking Dacia Sandero in their entry level cars.
Can you imagine paying 31.500 fucking euros on a base CLA that has the exact same engine as the Dacia Duster?

BMW has gone to shit and have thrown away their heritage. Just look at the X1, the X2, the X4 and the 2 series active tourer. Not to mention they want to make the 1 series and 3 series FWD. A fucking FWD 3 series.

Audi has sorted out its reliability issues and is pretty much up there, if they didnt give the Audi A4 a fucking 1.4 TSI engine. Audi is currently king of the hill, but only because they have VW money and appeal to every fucking person on the earth.

No ideea what car to buy? Buy a VW Golf. Wanna upgrade from your Golf but still have no ideea? Buy a Passat. Outgrown your Passat? Buy an A4. And thats how you become an Audi fag. Mercedes and BMW lack this feature of sucking in clueless customers.

>entry level fwd shit
JUST

Depends on the car. There's a Maybach edition S-Class that BTFO of anything made by those other guys.

holy shit, this.
Daimer owned Chrysler for a bit. Drive a 2006-2012 jeep grand Cherokee or a 300m. The top end models were quite nice. Not classy, but nice.

The A4 and up Audis aren't fwd based

With that entry level fwd garbage they make sales and that allows them to throw more money at R&D, hence why the A8 is usually ahead the other luxobarges in terms of technology.

Pretty much what Porsche, another VW brand, does every 5-10 years: release a shitbox that will sell like hotcakes so that they can fund R&D for the really good stuff.

>Audi has sorted out its reliability issues
But not the Audisteer issue or the "marked-up rebadged VW" issue

Are those original lights? Normally they have turned grey inside already.

Porsche is not a "VW brand" they are partners.

Blame GM marketing for this BS.
>The new standard of the world.
My sides.

b-but the puma is a good fwd car.

Yes they are. Even the A8.

Interior bits are shared with an s class. That's why Maybach was a total failure

Are you a nigger?
That's what a nigger would say.
>Chrysler a nice and luxory.
Garbage cars.

>>Jeep
>>Luxury

White trailer trash luxury maybe lol

Cmon man Lexus sits under jaguar hahaha

Mercedes is the benchmark for the auto industry.

Absolutely not

My rental chrysler 200 had a similar interior

>Le Benz/Chrysler mémé
Kys fag.

have fun with your unreliable trash

its actually [spoiler]awd[/spoiler]

I have a lot of fun.
Get rekt fag.

Between trips to the shop?

>pretty much all surfaces covered in Hand stitched Napa Leather
>Not luxury

Except the Grand Cherokee IS luxury. It invented the Luxury SUV

I think they're equivalent at their price range, there's a limit to how much luxury bullshit you can fit into a box on wheels

Nah, to your mom's house.
You remember hearing noise on the first floor? Maybe you should lower the volume of your mangas I always hear them coming from the basement it is annoying af.

Damn son. Tell me all about how you dragged my moms corpse from the grave and fucked it in my living room, faggot.

The worst thing with the A8 is, they're not even trying to hide the FWD proportions their buyers are so dumb.

The distance between the front wheels and the edge of front fender is the same as in an Econobox, pretty pathetic. Volvo at least gave their FWD sedan RWD proportions

If I am a faggot, then your mom is a men?
Are you a soyboy?

im not really a fan of this but why is this even an issue?

its a fucking luxury car not a sportscar, its never going to be drifted around choffeuring someone around even if it were rwd

its unnecessary

>From "not a fwd" to "Well, its not really important if it is"
What is next faggot?

That looks pretty fucking nice, no wonder Jeep sales like Crack in Europe.

ignore the troll / bait picture

the audi a8 is literally awd not fwd

Unreliable heaps of shit however. That's the catch.

Audi is under Lexus IMO

>more money then sense
How did they get the money then?

It is available asba front-wheel drive product in Yurop its home market.

You've obviously never spent time around richfags.

> luxury brands like Cadillac

Mercedes took a cue from Cadi and made everything shiny inside. Why?

on this norwegian car site there are 109 audi a8's for sale

only 4 are auto

finn.no/car/used/search.html?make=0.744&model=1.744.841

woah

if you scroll down on the left to "Hjuldrift"

Forhjulsdrift = front wheel drive

correction

front wheel drive not auto

and all the front wheel drive models are also over 10 years old

That's perfectly fine. Remember, the only requirements of making a luxury car are
>1 a decent eye-catching interior
>2 marketing memes
everything else is icing on the cake. the Jeep brand actually outsells the entire Lexus brand in Europe so that just goes to show you how much people value reliability in luxury cars other there and in general.
>see Buick handing every single euro luxury brand its ass in sales in China
Marketing memes (one of China's rulers owned a Buick and that was basically worth more than any amount of marketing money GM could possibly spend on Buick in itself)
+
Decent interior (which buick has) = mass success in China. everything else is just icing on the cake but not necessary.

Chinese are only really buying the Buick minivan. You aren't a hotshot with a S class, everyone had one, now exec parking lots are full of Buick minivans.

>two tablets stacked together
>shitty unusable control wheel/pad
>4 fucking vents in the middle
top kek

I love this colour on leather, though lexus doesn't always have enough of contrast, side panels of the gearbox tunnel should be black or something

>Quattro GenVI
>This is engineered to produce a 40:60 static torque split front and rear.
>With the new "Crown Gear" center differential, up to 70% of the torque can be applied to the front wheels while up to 85% can be applied to the rear wheels if necessary.
>This system was later adopted by the A7, latest generation of the A6 and A8.

>A GIANT IPAD

I hate this timeline

>lexus