/fg/ - Falcom General #44

Previous Thread: Pudding edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ikspaw.webm
twitter.com/nihonurafalcom/status/841112608711225344
my.mixtape.moe/xycsvj.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=pFg2C2Y13jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CUTE!

CRAZY!

I was like 10 seconds away from posting a new thread with Claire as the OP.

So have a Claire.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Calvard when?

best girl in cold steel

I'm going to give her the bench.

;_;

Does she appear in Ao? maybe i missed her in Zero.

Holy mother of Aidios thats a lot of options.

I'm getting Crossbell back for Lloyd, Tio, Randy, Ellie, Rixia, KeA, and several other characters.
If I have time after that, sure I'll do it for Juna.

>Rean goes muh Crow when you get back Cypher in 2

Her name is Towa because I want to tow-a her away to my secret rape dungeon!

Everything about Towa was scientifically researched to bring out maximum cuteness.

more like because she needs to be t(thr)ow(n) a(way)

No she's not in Crossbell at all. There's another character named similarly but that's definitely not her.

Watch it's more timefuckery or something.

yare yare

PSYCHOPATH!

>I'm getting Crossbell back for Lloyd, Tio, Randy, Ellie, Rixia, KeA, and several other characters.

Wonder if they regret rejecting the Azure plan now.

Meanie.

SHIRLEY ORLANDO!!

Remember you need to use two tickets on a character (or have gone for a bike ride) for them to be an option later.

She's a cute psychopath who needs love and headpats

>no spoiler tags
This is why people are going to disappear once CS3 comes out in Japan. Because of people like you

a.pomf.cat/ikspaw.webm

Without having played this game, what does this picture tell you?

If you spend time with someone during the chapter 6 free day it also counts.

>Does she appear in Ao?
Maybe twitter.com/nihonurafalcom/status/841112608711225344

Nah, Crossbell is obviously bigger than what we see in the game, since their population is most likely super big too. She's just a citizen who we didn't see.

I thought there was something else but couldn't recall what.

Translation?

Shit posting aside. What are the non biased pros and cons of a NISA vs XSeed localization?

Does that include Sara?

She's an option, so yes.

>Vita Clotilde’s beautiful staff in Trails of Cold Steel II is called ‘Kerykeion’. Since you are unable to access her inventory in the Reverie Corridor, the only way to find the name is through data-mining the game.

>The Kerykeion is better known as the Caduceus, the staff carried by Hermes in Greek mythology. According to William Godwin’s Lives of the Necromancers (1876), a source found through Wikipedia, “ if [the wand is] applied to the dying, their death was gentle; if applied to the dead, they returned to life.”

is clearly for You should also try to see Crow's since he's the designated plot friend.

There's an unnamed student in the Crossbell police academy who wants to be assigned to the SSS in the future.

my.mixtape.moe/xycsvj.webm

Trailer when?

>Falcom is consistent with their plot even when locking data out from the player

If you played Zero, then it tells you that arc-en-ciel is under attack by red constellation during a performance

aka it's a spoiler

She's so smug about doing it too.

I want to spend my tickets on her now

10/10

why this gets no replies is beyond me

The picture before it of her chainsawing the chandelier is too. They also happen within the span of 3 seconds.

>Arts Training 5
Fucking how?

Laura is stupid.

What did you have to do for that one again?

Hey guess what, that scene is in the trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=pFg2C2Y13jc

>inb4 Evo
But yeah, even Falcom's trailer shows you the beginning of chapter 4.

No crafts, no critical hp or lower

Hell most of their CS3 previews are spoilers. The trailer will probably be full of em if you know where to look.

>Main character is a male
>Every female instinctually wants his dick and becomes an accessory to his badassness
>Most side characters do no develop their own romances/plot since they have to be reserved for the guy
>Main character is Estelle
>Every character gets to be fleshed out since they do not lust after the protag
>Has their own rivalries/romances/motivations for doing things

I'm not asking for miracles here but come on falcom. Give me some Jam kung fu chick for the calvard games and we are cool.

They're big on spoilers but it's out of context.

Like Ao's trailer gives away one of the major plot points in hindsight but I don't think you'd know what it meant out of context.

Why the fuck does Tita's Orbal Gear is CS3 still look like shit after Ao confirmed a flight-capable, beam-wielding Orbal Gear?

I'm glad I never watched the zero/ao trailers and was only spoiled about Mariabell

That's an Eidolon gear though, right?

Well, yeah, probably, but I still remember the trailer of Sen II where Vita said something about "the great flame" and the Infernal castle was shown and everyone went "THIS IS THE SEPT-TERRION OF FIRE THIS SURELY IS THE SEPT-TERRION OF FIRE". And then we got, well, Sen II'd.

>Every character gets to be fleshed out
I love this meme.

That's my point about the guy complaining about it's completely out of context, it's even in the trailer for the game.

Just have Emma and Jusis nuke everything as usual? Do you have the three free turns thing prepped?
You're overstating the depth of characters in Sky, who are still just stock anime across the board. Also, in modern games a female lead will just end up with reverse harem. I Of course, this is still preferable because male characters are almost always better detailed even in waifubando simulators.

>Every character gets fleshed out with Estelle
You wish

Didn't they say it was based off of the Orbal Gear designed by the Russells?

It got it to happen but I had to do a Fie bait strategy because otherwise I'd never get a turn in. Jusis was kind of useless here honestly.

Tita's orbal gear probably has tremendous sentimental value to her considering what it represents. They probably made better ones, but she continues to use hers.

Because user shes Holding back

It would depend on how you have him set up, I guess. There's more than one good quartz that boosts arts damage, and those two are the standard caster pair. He'll almost always cast before her in a situation where he isn't crafting, so I make sure he has one equipped.

Yeah, Epstein and Russel worked together on it. I'm inclined to agree with the other user about Tita going for a more personal touch instead of just using the most cutting edge prototype.

Tell me about Zin user.

DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER
FUCK

To be fair there's a difference between showing the place blatantly being attacked (which is pretty clear context wise or other) and KeA seeing the SSS dying, which even then you'd think would be something she's seeing that will happen in Ao, not something that already happened in Zero that she saved them from let alone how she did it

He was useless mainly because the AI loved going after him and it wasn't really helping.

He is a boring character to begin with. Not every character has to be some shakespearean masterpiece.

>it doesn't count cause i say so
Tell us about Kloe before 3rd then. Or Scherra without mentioning drinks and big sister.

Tell me about Scherazard, Zin, Loewe and Luciola user. I'm genuinely retarded so please explain slowly.

Loewe is actually good character though

They show that in another trailer, just quick frames of it with KeA asking "Why?".
You can bet if it was being released now with that trailer, posting pictures of all the SSS being dead would be spoiler free. It would be completely context less though until people realized what the twist was.
Same goes for all those pictures of Crow being posted now for CS3, we have no context for why hes alive, or if it's even him at all.

I'm still genuinely confused by him. Maybe it's 3deep5me

Pfffft.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>that vagine bone
slut

>Every character gets to be fleshed out since they do not lust after the protag
I didn't realize Zin wasn't a character.

The whole concert thing was lame. Even among all the other slice of life aspects, it was lame.

vagina*

It was lame because they weren't really songs, only the last song was, and it wasn't done very well. I think if they went all out and had an actual concert it would have been pretty cool.

>people actually unironically calling this slut their wife

He sucks as a character too.

Only good thing he had was the glitched craft.

>get hyped for Jusis and Machias
>it's literally nothing

>not wanting a slut wife.

Let me just get my glasses.

This. Slut wives are the best, especially ones who like black men like Towa.

Let's fucking go.

It's just them walking around stage doing their talking animations.

On the other hand, I'm kind of glad we don't have the typical anime movie cutscenes like Tales of and Persona do, because they usually don't always line up well, and limit the story and characters since they have write it around anime scenes that other studios made over a year ago.

Thankfully CS3 will be lacking in them too, I think, or they'd probably have shown them off by now.

You wouldn't want to be rude, would you?

Yeah but again, it's out of context and even then you'd think it's something else, and it's also for a twist that most people didn't even realize was supposed to be a twist in the first place because it's a minor detail from something at the very beginning of Zero that most people forgot about.

Just had the moment with Rean and Alisa in Nord highlands. It was pretty cute, and nice development for her.
I'm hoping there's an explanation was to why her mother acts like that though. I mean, if i had to guess, i think the father meant a lot to her, and with him dead, she decided to focus entirely on work and ignore most everything else to secure a future for her daugher, and possibly run away from the fact she's on breaking point by focusing on the company instead of her family since she lost herself or something. Also interesting to know that she made the railway cannons, she sounds like a major bitch for what she did to her father though, and basically made a weapon of mass murder for money.

Also holy shit, the tower got shelled.

How many gangbangs do you think she's been involved in at Thors?