Tfw want a comfy light pickup

>tfw want a comfy light pickup
Why'd they have to stop making these? Why'd the whole fucking market have to turn into the "muh big boy truck for big boys like me" meme? I'm seeing ads on craigslist for 90's tacomas with 250k+ miles and tons of problems for $3k+, this is absurd.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carbodytype-ute/caryear-1980__/c18320?sort=caryear_a
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/burnie/cars-vans-utes/datsun-720-diesel-4x4/1172457390
thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy tacoma swap engine? try to think about the solution maybe?

Buy a base model Taco or Colorado? If they're "too big" you don't need a truck.

>wanted a new Colorado
>drove up to the dealership and thought they had all the Silverados line up
>take a closer look and they’re actually Colorados
>mfw

The CCSB Colo's are pretty big looking. The extended Cab Colo is still quite a bit smaller than the Silverado.

This, get an ECSB for smol truckin or an SCSB to be retarded.

The thing that threw me off was all the bloat. It makes it look a lot bigger then it actually is

Yeah dem love handles. Every modern vehicle is like that. The wheelbases are almost the same when you compare old vs new.

>USA

not even once.

what a shit hole.

gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carbodytype-ute/caryear-1980__/c18320?sort=caryear_a

browse and cry OP.

example: chilling with my datsun
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/burnie/cars-vans-utes/datsun-720-diesel-4x4/1172457390

Safety regulations mandate excess pigfat on all vehicles, including and perhaps especially trucks. Not to mention the broader American waistlines that need to be accounted for.

based ausposter

>broader

this is the internet, you can say what you mean.

he means americans are generally fat obese cunts who need 2x cup holders + eating tray for each seat (including driver)

I was never into trucks until one of my friends bought a used 90s Ford Ranger. Thing was, dare I say it, cute. Kinda made me want to get one, but it wouldn't work as a DD.

Even the tacoma is becoming pigfat, its sad

Buy a used 90s ranger, mine was pretty comfy until a woman driver t-boned me and totaled it

>I'm seeing ads on craigslist for 90's tacomas with 250k+ miles and tons of problems for $3k+

on one hand, IKTF.

on the other hand, that is literally the most egregiously meme priced vehicle on the used market, except maybe 12v Cumminses. If you're in the 1.5-3k range, old Rangers and S10s/Sonomas are all up in there, ditto Nissan hardbodies if you want muh superior Japanese steel, probably with a V6 if you're patient. Alternatively, you could get an F150 with the 300 I6 for pretty much the same price after you control for condition, and you'd have more room for shit and wouldn't pucker your butthole on I-5.

>Why'd they have to stop making these?
They couldn't meet more stringent crash safety standards.
Everyone thinks that half tons have gotten huge, but the only dimension they are actually bigger in is height. The rest is just styling

GM half tons have grown less than an inch wider since 1973, and they were actually longer (between similar body styles) in the 80s.

They just have higher belt lines and are styled to look big.

>cramped as fuck
>tiny bed
>still get shit gas mileage or horrendously underpowered
> outhauled by minivans

Small trucks were fucking useless, that's why they're gone.

I want a sixth gen Hilux so badly.

What year are you stuck in?

you know why mini vans outhaul them yeah?

they have to make the hauling weight, as though dumb fucks (like you) have filled the bed to 1.25x its max weight, then haul.

so yes, a minivan that is weighted to carry 6 people and a few bags, can haul more than a ute that has 1000kg in the back and 1500kg in the trailer.

fucking moron.

Dear morons,

Light pickups are gone due to CAFE standards and nothing else

Signed,
informed user

PS you're all fucking idiots
thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/

kek

>land of the free

land of the free to be a dumb fat fuck

kek

What are the best small trucks? Ford Ranger? Toyota Tacoma? I’ve heard some Mazda’s are nice too

Fuckin lol at all the kingswood utes. I wish some cunts had of done up a sedan or two

>Burgers don’t get the best truck ever built
Just import a Hilux from mexico

Tacos

Burritos

Tacos

>poverty gook ute
Lmao

The Ranger and Mazda B series are the exact same trucks. Old Tacos are great of course. Nissan D21s are also great. The Mitsu L200/Dodge Ram 50 was breddy gud.

>poverty
>worth more than alot of houses in the USA

kek

Nigger an F150 is a ute, no point in bragging about leather or wood or shiny bits on a work vehicle, you dumb nigger

Wats your point? Do you think that ute is an insult?
How does burger house prices reflect on hilux shittiness?

>hilux
>shit

so jelly you hate it. don't worry fatarse, even if you could get them, you wouldn't fit inside it

You mean truck that is actually useful and doesn't fall apart?

Are you implying that a hilux is some kind of exclusive vehicle?
How is it any more useful than any other ute?

FUCKIN' PUSSY LIBTARD KEK! IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY HUGE-ASS TRUCK, GO DRIVE A PRIUS :)))))) OR SUBARU. MAKE SURE TO GULP DOWN THAT SOY MILK WITH YOUR VEGAN SALAD FRUITCAKE!!!!!

> Fiat Strada

>Axe Ford Australia
>No more Xr6 Ute
>Suddenly ugly as fuck and fuckhuge Ford Rangers start showing up everywhere
AMERICA GET OUT

>small truck
>ford ranger
Isn't ranger crew cab only? Not sure you can consider them "small" like a Tacoma. Could be wrong because I have not seen them side by side irl

>ranger crew cab only
nope

When will god come save my country?

Sorry man. I wish you guys would come roaring through our streets with straight pipe utes and show Amerifats what they're missing.

:3

>Why'd the whole fucking market have to turn into the "muh big boy truck for big boys like me" meme?
Small pickup market shrunk considerably because the bigger trucks had more capability and room and similar gas mileage for only a few thousand more.

>I'm seeing ads on craigslist for 90's tacomas with 250k+ miles and tons of problems for $3k+, this is absurd.
That's known as the Toyota Tax.

get a samurai