What we know so far about DW9 (old & busted): pastebin.com/yyQCXi69
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=BlE4tQl-8is

Dynasty Warriors 9 Ani-Com & Games Hong Kong Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=XUp6A60Te7E

Bulletin;
-First western popularity poll is currently going.
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, and Xun You are all newcomers.
-Some characters have a mix of pre-DW6 designs with DW8 aesthetics.
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-China is keeping us from having lewd outfits.
-Lingqi/shackposters drink bleach and die.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Xu Shu is not Xun You, he doesn't wear blue.
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Toukiden II is out.
-Yasuke for SW5.
-Warriors All-Stars slated for August 29. Opoona master race.
-ROTK13pucc~ is out.
-We don't need a pucc~2, give us Pirate Warriors 4.
-Even the shittiest musous (HW/Berserk) are better than Skyrim.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qb1IZo9SVJs
youtube.com/watch?v=R3Dit8qmSE8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Kingdoms
youtube.com/watch?v=1peFYImGkt0
the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/96749806562
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Liao Hua

What do you guys think of my wife?

This thread is gonna be interesting.

>-Xu Shu is not Xun You, he doesn't wear blue.

D A M A G E C O N T R O L
A
M
A
G
E
C
O
N
T
R
O
L

>What we know so far about DW9 (old & busted)

I have a feeling this is going to be hilarious to look back on when we actually have DW9.

THE WARRIORS ARE BACK
youtube.com/watch?v=qb1IZo9SVJs

>240p
I never thought I would see that resolution again.

>western koei used to actually buy tv advertisements

This is extremely hard to believe. Did anyone here ever actually see one on TV?

There is only one thing I want in life, and that's to insert my external urinary tract/reproductive organ into this fictional female

uhhh... Did you post the wrong picture? That's my wife...

Very small.

Very nice girl, got a lot of unjustified hate because she's popular.

I hate her VA with burning passion though. Fuck Kanae Ito.

When the fuck do you ever hear her in JP you fucking weeb

Fat Yue Ying booty.

In every fucking game she's in, duh.

Believe it or not, a commercial wasn't hard to get or make back then. Marketing has blown up into an incredibly awful monster. Those likely aired during stuff like WWF, sports and so on. Some even aired on UPN and other networks.

So according the DW8, historically Jin ruled the land in the end, but what happened after that? Who took over then and how did they fall? I couldn't find an answer to that

Watch this, it'll make you satisfied:
youtube.com/watch?v=R3Dit8qmSE8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Kingdoms

healthy zhurong fanny

youtube.com/watch?v=1peFYImGkt0

>playing Dynasty Warriors in nip

If you don't mind a long read, this answers your question perfectly: the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/96749806562

But why?

Oh fuck.

I'm new to this general. I only played Hyrule Warriors and Dynasty Warriors 8 and I fucking loved those two games (Around 200 hours in both of them, also dat 2nd Ambition Mode ending), I thought DW8 was literally the same as 7 but with more content, but it seems like it's actually a different game altogether.

Is 7 still worth playing?

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to thank you guys a lot for your responses, I was literally spending hours finding the answer, I was probably using the wrong search term.

What did Kanae Ito ever do to you?

You should play 7 for the story alone. It's arguably the best compared to the rest. The gameplay will feel a slight downgrade but 8 but it is still good.

She's a jp VA, that means she's probably insufferable to fucking hear by default.

Well, female jp VA rather. I ain't gonna give Wakamoto any shit.

>why do people play japanese game with japanese dub
You're dumb

I hated a lot of her characters and gradually it became unreasonable hatred for her too. I know I'm being petty, but we all hate things for silly reason.

>why do people play chinese game with japanese dub

you're dumb

There's plenty of jap games that are even intended for english VAs and never even had JP recorded for them, like Devil May Cry, and the JP audience prefers them that way.

Pure and wholesome love

>JP audience prefers them that way
If that's the case then please explain why games like Bioshock and The Witcher got Japanese dub.

>intended for english VAs and never even had JP recorded for them
Good thing musou games are definitely not one of it as evidenced by plethora of musou games without English dub.

Jin as a unified-Chinese body lasted for about 45ish years, give or take.

It started out pretty great. China's economy and trade had absolutely flourished. However, at one point, Sima Yan appointed many family members into incredibly powerful positions (Sima Yan had control of the central government, while his appointed family had control of the state government.). Sima Yan did this because he theorized that Wei had fallen as it did because the Cao family had lost its power and political support. Unfortunately, this only begat a bigger issue.

When Sima Yan died, the goal for his family now was to figure out which one would control Sima Yan's heir, who was both young and literally retarded. As all of these people had vast amounts of control over their appointed provinces, this led to a series of civil wars known as the War of Eight Princes.

At the same time, China had another problem: immigrants. A lot of 'barbarians' were immigrating into China to the point that their numbers either rivaled the Han Chinese or outright outnumbered them (One of the two, can't recall which). At the assend of the War of Eight Princes, these barbarians, dubbed the Wu Hu (Five Barbarians, referring to the five tribes that immigrated to China). At this point, the Wu Hu had defeated Jin (dubbed Western Jin) and forced them down south where Eastern Jin would form. At the same time, the Wu Hu had divided as well, establishing multiple independent states in Northern China.

Later on, around 403, Huan Xuan forced Jin's then-Emperor to abdicate the thrown and he then became the Emperor of the state of Chu. Chu only lasted for about half a year until a guy named Liu Yu came around and toppled him handily, reestablishing Eastern Jin.
And then Liu Yu went on to fight the states of Southern Yan, Northern Wei, Later Qin, and Xia. He successfully vanquished all but Xia, unifying all of China's territory under the Yellow River, barring the Chang'an vicinity, in about 7 years.

The voice actors aren't good like they were in Dynasty Warriors 3, so there's no reason to play with the dub anymore.

>LIAN SURE, ARE YOU OK
>SUN SCHWAN, I'M FINE
>GOOD, NOW WE FIGHT SOW SOW AT CHURBY

>Later on, around 403, Huan Xuan forced Jin's then-Emperor to abdicate the thrown and he then became the Emperor of the state of Chu. Chu only lasted for about half a year until a guy named Liu Yu came around and toppled him handily, reestablishing Eastern Jin.
And then Liu Yu went on to fight the states of Southern Yan, Northern Wei, Later Qin, and Xia. He successfully vanquished all but Xia, unifying all of China's territory under the Yellow River, barring the Chang'an vicinity, in about 7 years.
Hmm.......

Big name AAA western devs made them, of course they're going to throw in a bunch of languages to try to sell the game better. They want to appeal too as many people as possible. No different from JP games including an english dub.

Do you think a game like Mario should be in japanese? Should Senator Armstrong's big speech in Metal Gear Rising have been in Japanese?

The original Final Mix versions of Kingdom Hearts before they came out many years later over here as a part of a collection where JP only and despite having JP subs, had english voices, even the new scenes added to the game.

Koei not releasing english dubs over here is the dumbest example you could use though because there's very little market for english since the west by and large doesn't play musou. It's a niche title here.

Thanks user for the quick rundown, that was pretty good. Liu Yu must have been some motherfucker

>not liking Douglas motherfucking AMBITION Rye

you're out of fucking line

It's hard to compare him to anyone from the later han/three kingdoms. He was kind of like a more politically attentive Dong Zhuo and more ambitious Cao Cao.

So if Dong Bai finally becomes playable, does /eagg/ think she'll finally replace Lingqi as the queen of bullying and loneliness?

I mean, after Chang'an falls and Dong Zhou kicks the bucket, I imagine the Dong family name would have lost all its influence.

Less uglier than Dong Zhuo I'm sure too. What would his weapon be?

>Kanae Ito

But Yuanji is voiced by Kana Hanazawa?

>implying she wasn't immediately raped and executed by Wang Yun's forces

please stop

Only if she looks like this

Who did Big Dong fuck that gave him a girl that looks nothing at all like him

pic unrelated

Dong Bai is Dong Zhuo's granddaughter.

Then it's a pretty clear indication that the Japanese prefer their game with Japanese dub, contrary with what you claimed before. Good job.

Musou games is a good example of how your "oh so intended to have english VA" claim is bullshit. If Musou games were intended to have English VA then they would have released it with English dub only.

How about do a little research before posting?

Liu Yu grew up in poverty and didn't have much of an education to speak of. He was raised by his aunt and spent much of his time gambling and selling sandals.

At one point, Sun En had rebelled against Jin and Liu Yu became an officer under Liu Laozhi. He had a friendship with Liu Laozhi's son Liu Jingxuan. He was known for his bravery, such as a tale in which he battled Sun En's soldiers alone after they routed the scout party he was leading until Liu Jingxuan arrived with reinforcements. He swiftly rose through the ranks and battled against Sun En countless times. In each battle, Liu Yu was outnumbered, but despite this still managed to win every battle. Liu Yu ultimately became governor of Xiapei Commandery during his battles with Sun En.
Later, Sima Yuanxian did battle with Huan Xuan. Yuanxian believed Liu Laozhi was on his side and Liu Yu was prepared to battle Huan Xuan; however, despite his posturing, Laozhi never aided Yuanxian, leading to Yuanxian's defeat. Huan Xuan, now in control of most of Jin, stripped Laozhi of his military rank. After which, Liu Yu left his services and Liu Laozhi committed suicide.
He would rejoin the military and do battle with Sun En's nephew Lu Xun, whom he routed time and time again.
He Wuji, Liu Laozhi's nephew who left Laozhi's forces with Liu Yu, attempted to convince Liu Yu to rebel against Huan; however, Liu Yu refused, choosing to wait until Huan Xuan had usurped the throne to give him a proper reason for rebellion. Until that time, Liu Yu would pretend to be a Huan loyalist.
Soon after Huan Xuan usurped the throne, Liu Yu led countless other conspirators into action. After one group of conspirators had been caught and executed in Jiankang. As such, Liu Yu made his way to Jiankang; defeating the generals Huan Xuan sent to route him.
Huan Xuan then fled to Jiangling and Liu Yu reestablished Jin. He placed Liu Muzhi in charge of cleaning up the corrupt officials of Huan Xuan's court.

I didn't claim musou games were supposed to have english VAs tho, you're misunderstanding what I said. I claimed many japanese games are intended to have english VAs because you acted as though it was dumb to play a japanese game in english. I didn't say musou specifically.

If you'd like to actually reply to the relevant part of my post about Mario games or Senator Armstrong though, that'd be great.

Even though Jin was reestablished, the former emperor was still in Huan Xuan's hands. At that point, it became a game of chasing Huan Xuan down. Huan Xuan would send forces, Liu Yu and his generals would make swift work of them, despite their numeric disadvantages. Huan Xuan attempted to flee to Yi province, but was beheaded by the governor's men.
The emperor then fell into the hands of relatives of Huan Xuan, but they didn't last long and soon Liu Yu took control of Jiangling. After words, he became regent.
As a regent, he aspired for the throne, but learned from Huan Xuan's mistakes and decided that he needed the proper victories and merits before he could do so soundly.

In 409, Southern Yan began raiding Jin's borders for a very dumb reason. Liu Yu responded by launching a campaign to annihilate Southern Yan against the wishes of his peers. Within the same year, he had the capital under siege. And, in 410, he successfully destroyed Southern Yan.
Soon after, Lu Xun and Xu Daofu assaulted Jin. This lasted for about a year until the two were pushed back, ending with Lu Xun killing his wives and concubines before drowning himself in a river
After this, Liu Yu began making preparations to take the throne. He arrested those who would potentially be a threat to his rise, and killed others (Liu Yi and Zhuge Zhangmin were among these). Liu Yu then imprisoned and executed faithfuls, friends, and family of Sima Xiuzhi, the governor of Jing province. Sima Xiuzhi and his ally Lu Zhongzhi fled to Later Qin. At this point, there was nobody to oppose Liu Yu's rise to power.
Liu Yu began his assault on Later Qin. His generals Shen Linzi and Tan Daoji vanquished Later Qin within a year, more or less, and executed its emperor Yao Hong.

>ending with Lu Xun killing his wives and concubines before drowning himself in a river
Poor Lu Xun

I didn't say playing Japanese game with English dub is dumb, I said being uoset because people play Japanese game with Japanese dub is dumb.

As for Mario and Senator, I don't see anything wrong with them speak Japanese. Just use whatever suit your ears.

In what episode of TK 2010 does Sun Quan stop being a small child?

Liu Yu then returned to Jiangkang, prepared to take the throne. In Chang'an, however, Liu Yu's officers fell into disarray. Shen Tianzi executed Wang Zhen'e under the pretense that Wang Zhen'e was prepared to rebel. After that, Wang Xiu executed Shen Tianzi. Liu Yizhen then executed Wang Xiu, believing that he was ready to rebel as well.
Liu Yizhen, with his forces within Chang'an, was then under siege by Xia's forces. Liu Yu ordered Liu Yizhen to retreat; however, most of Yizhen's forced were captured or killed during the escape, though Yizhen was able to make it out alive. Chang'an quickly fell to Xia's forces.
After hearing a prophecy, Liu Yu was convinced that he must assassinate the then emperor of Jin, Emperor An. After many failed poisoning attempts, Liu Yu's assassin Wang Shaozhi strangled Emperor An to death.
Afterwords, Liu Yu appointed Sima Dewen as emperor. The next year, Sima Dewen appointed Liu Yu as the Prince of Song. The next year, Sima Dewen was influenced to personally write an edict of abdication, in favor of Liu Yu.
At that point, Jin was no more and the Liu Song was erected in its place.

During his initial days as emperor, Liu Yu ordered the people to give those known as delinquents or other such negative labels a second chance in life.
Though his was already emperor, Liu Yu feared Sima Dewen. After this first assassination attempt failed, he ordered any son of Sima Dewen to be poisoned. As such, Sima Dewen and his wife started preparing their own meals and lead a more secluded lifestyle. However, Liu Yu's forces were later able to force their way into Sima Dewen's home and ordered him to commit suicide. Sima Dewen wished not to commit suicide as it violated his religious beliefs. Therefore, the assailants instead smothered Sima Dewen with a blanket, asphyxiating him.

In 422, Liu Yu fell ill and died.

I know of three separate Lu Xuns from China now, is it like the John Smith name of Chinese?

Actually, it's technically two. The Lu Xun from Wu wasn't actually called that. Lu Yi was his original given name, though it was later changed to Xun. Given that “Xun” meant “humble” and had some negative connotations to it, it is generally agreed that Sun Quan changed Lu Yi’s name to “Xun” due to a falling out they had.

Incidentally, the most common names are:

張 Zhāng: Over 220 individuals
王 Wáng: Over 180 individuals
刘 Liú: Over 170 individuals
李 Lǐ: Over 100 individuals
陈 Chén: Over 90 individuals
孙 Sūn: Over 80 individuals*
杨 Yáng: Over 60 individuals
曹 Cáo: Over 60 individuals*
郭 Guō: Over 60 individuals
赵 Zhào: Over 50 individuals
徐 Xú: Over 50 individuals
周 Zhōu: Over 40 individuals
董 Dǒng: Over 40 individuals
马 Mǎ: Over 40 individuals
荀 Xún: Over 40 individuals*
袁 Yuán: Over 40 individuals*
吕 Lǚ: Over 30 individuals
朱 Zhū: Over 30 individuals
吴 Wú: Over 30 individuals
韩 Hán: Over 30 individuals
夏侯 Xiàhóu Over 30 individuals*

You said I was dumb because you'd default to japanese in Dynasty Warriors, a game about the chinese, which you then said was a japanese game and that made it the somehow a perfectly logical reason to want to listen to it in jp. As though the birth country of the people who make a game somehow effect what the dub should sound like.

Sore wa watashidesu, Marioh!

Doesn't really have the same ring to it as

It's a-me, Mario!

Jesus, DW7's cinematics were so good.

A game about the chinese which is MADE by the Japanese, it's completely logical to want to listen the jp dub as opposed to the english one. Even if we're going full autist here, jp language is far closer to the chinese than english will ever be. You are dumb.

>same ring
I. Don't. Fucking. Care.

At this point I'm 100% sure you are one of those guys who get triggered by anything remotely Japanese.

>same ring
I don't fucking care. I don't have arbitrary rule about what language a character should speak. Noticr how I don't say a single thing about

Fucked my post there. Time for afternoon nap.

Will 9's be better than 8's at least?

How am I supposed to know? 8's weren't TERRIBLE, nothing cringeworthy happened in them that I remember, but they weren't as good as 7's... But who knows what that means for 9?

I already mentioned I liked Wakamoto, and I'm also a big fan of Toshimitsu Arai and Kong Kuwata, so I'm not at all one of those people. You're going to have to explain to me how it's at all logical to want to listen to it in Japanese just because of what part of the world it happened to be made in. A fucking lot of things are made in japan bro, that has no bearing whatsoever on anything. Chinese doesn't sound a thing like Japanese and I have no clue why you'd say that unless you've just never heard them.

Shit if you were japanese I'd understand, but you're not really giving me much to go on here. You're just saying "well it was made in japan therefore I must listen to it in japanese because"

>Thus, the three kingdom of these 3 faggot Cow Cow, Sun Poo, and Liu Meh...
>Were all eventually conquered under the rule of Muehaha dad's Sima clan

Based.

The way they handled Huang Gai's amazing fire attack scene at Chi Bi in 8 compared to 7 wasn't just, bad or laughable, it literally didn't exist. It was just him reciting a few similar lines from the cutscene, but without a cutscene, no special music, and it happened in real time with a dinky little tiny fire boat hitting the side of a wall while his model stands still throughout the whole thing.

It was fucking awful. I don't even know why thy went through the trouble of making that awesome remix of Thousand Suns for DW8 considering they didn't use it in any version of Chi Bi in 8.

I'm blind now

Jesus christ

>>I'm guessing those asterisks mean most of those individuals are related.

Fuck, meant to quote too

don't do it aneue

That's not even a real gun you stupid nip.

Hmmmm.......

hmm

Why is Koei fond of merely allowing you to fight for one side in most of the new games stages? back in time free mode also changed the dialogue of the officers when you koed them

Too much effort. We all know developer are allergic to that.

Hmm...

I am Xun You......

Okay.... Let's get going.

>Zhuge Liang: Congratulations on giving birth to this new baby!
>Fa Zheng: Eh?
>Xu Shu: No! It’s not me! It’s not ours! Kongming, I would have never betrayed you like this! It’s true! Kongming, you are the only one for me!

>Xun You: Achoo!
>Xun Yu: Gongda, have you caught a cold? Don’t wipe it with your hands, or they’ll get dirty. Here, use this!
>Xun You: Dear uncle… Please, leave me alone…

>Xu Shu is not Xun You, he doesn't wear blue.
What does OP mean by this?

Anyone wondering how they are going to split the screentime for Wei's strategists? Xun Yu has yet to establish himself as a character and we have newcomers like Man Chong and Xu Shu's OC Donut Steal.

Kill off Guo Jia earlier so everyone else gets more screentime.

Hey guys. I think I just restored the Han. What now?

Lots of corruption and back to square one

Dynasty Warriors 2: This time it's Jin

Now wrap the Han in about four to six layers of duct tape, then start heating the Han with a lighter for about two minutes.
After that, turn on your faucet's cold water, at full blast, and hold the now-heated Han under said faucet.

Zhang Fei rapes a child every time /eagg/ hits page 10

Xun You and Xu Shu are the same person.

Zhang Fei doesn't need Page 10's permission to rape

Literally anything that happens is part of my plan.

Who was in the wrong here?

I don't think Man Chong will get included in that group, he was like 1/3 strategist, 1/3 frontline general, and 1/3 civil administrator. I think they should have a process that goes like: Xun Yu assesses the situation and proposes the plan, Xun You picks who's going to do what, Guo Jia goes along with the army to execute the plan, and Jia Xu accounts for any hidden snags or dirty work.

Yes! I remember seeing one for DW8. I was very surprised, considering I don't live in the US o a big country