/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] magnethax was released.
[Aug 11] Hint at a RPG Maker Fes Player 11.5 entrypoint. You can get it for free from the eShop. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/896158813610360833
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. [Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsthem.es/
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3
r4andmore.com
youtube.com/watch?v=jTJ8HZGsqFU
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
youtube.com/watch?v=RqoQTyljvLU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xmkdl0ZTtO0
3ds.guide/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what are r4/r4i cards?

second for charlottesville

flashcards for the ds

Does anyone else have a weird 300kbps cap on their freeshop downloads?

>3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via ntrboot or system transfer)*

I guess hardmod could be cheaper? But fags could fuck that up.

Reminder that Luma dropping all support for a9lh was A MISTAKE

Oh, may the dabposter never return...

How do I update the Luma again? Just copy the boot.firm and replace the old one?

are you blocking updates with DNS? I get slow downloads if I have that turned on

yes, if you're on B9S 1.2

What did he mean by this?

maybe

thank
no

I haven't used homebrew in a while but what's it mean when it doesn't launch because of something along the lines of "http request 404"

So even with a 11.5 entry point, homebrew can't be used to apply the kernel hack?

the flipnote entrypoint will give you just homebrew no cfw or anything like that, but magnethax is out so they're irrelevant now

you need to update your stuff
no, you need arm9 hax to install B9S or maybe arm11 to downgrade, but downgrading is beyond fucked on 11.5 I think

magnethax is best way to get B9S on 11.5

which stuff, I updated Luma and it says the same

3dsthem.es/ is being fucking slow loading themes

Is there currently any way to activate a Vita for Adrenaline?

Is there a way to magnethax on 11.5 without a second device?
t. noob

$15 powersaves device

They're going to be making it work with a powersaves soon, if you have one of those(they're only like $15).

smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3

>without a second device?
powersaves

everyone is gay in the 3DS scene

Thanks, any info/guesses on how long it might take them?
Gotta order one of those in the meantime.

> any info/guesses on how long it might take them?
idk someone summon SciresM, probably before Pokemon USUM releases

why only Acekard and R4i supported?

it takes work to make cards work, they will eventually make more work, they released now before gateway could try anything

The released because someone else released their own version. Gotta steal their thunder, yaknow?

SciresM said he would "leak" it anyhow this month if they didn't do a real release

Just bought a New 2DS, and it comes with 11.4.
Can't go with soldering, too clumsy to attempt it.
rip me, huh

Are there any sites as reliable as nds card for flashcarts?

I don't want to wait for it to ship in 2 months.

stop using this shit site, at least use themeplaza until an actually good theme website is made

magnethax dummy

It doesn't take 2 months to arrive, mine arrived in a bit less than 3 weeks

Elminage Original CIA when?

everyone still uploads shit to 3dsthemes, annoying

Not been paying attention to current events?

Just buy the game and dump the title key for the site. The game is only like 20 bucks.

I got mine in 3 days from r4andmore.com (Australia) last year, but they shut down

your sentence is grammatically infuriating

okay

I'm in the US and I've ordered plenty of shit from Hong Kong because it's dirt cheap with free shipping but I usually don't get my shit for a month. I doubt this site is any different.

I'm out of the loop, yeah. This is my first 2/3DS system, in fact.

Basically there was an exploit JUST released for every system version. Check out the 3ds guide website for what you need.

>try out hey pikmin

JESUS CHRIST
This game should not have a soundtrack this fucking good:

youtube.com/watch?v=jTJ8HZGsqFU

Not useful for them yet without another 3DS or someone selling pre-flashed carts though.

i just finished all the steps of the 3ds hacking guide, but i admittedly and definitely don't really understand the stuff, how would i go about starting getting for instance a fire emblem cia and playing it?

I checked it out, and it says that "Two 3DS family devices" are needed. So I'm still fucked, I guess?

We don't discuss piracy here, sorry. Maybe you can find a subreddit to ask that question on.

powersaves though no excuse now

my bad

Powersaves let you do it I thought, hmm... may be my bad then.

go to the OP
look for the 3DS pastebin
ctrl+F piracy

Read it, come on user

just get one of those cheap powersaves devices and wait for the guide to update with the method

There should be a guide to freeshop in the OP guides. It's easy and convenient.

freeshop/keys (encTitleKeys.bin):

gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
3ds.titlekeys.gq/

forgot that was even a thing the game had a silent release and nobody said anything after

Ok, I'll probably do that. Still sucks that I'll have to wait around 2 months for it to ship (not an American).

What's with all these literally who 3ds games being released with amazing soundtracks? Not that I'm complaining

youtube.com/watch?v=RqoQTyljvLU

2 months? what side of the planet are you?

Ever Oasis had some really, awful obnoxious songs though.

anything not on the north hemisphere has a shit postal service.

shit dude, I'm sorry about that. Maybe check your local ebay equivalents?

That wasn't me, but he's basically right, delivery services here are shit.
I'm from a Central Asian country, so here's that.

The only one that got old for me was the normal battle theme. Near the end the game throws so many bulky enemies at you and it gets really annoying.

All the good songs make up for it though.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xmkdl0ZTtO0

Sure, just asking in the off-chance that I could help. I own a flashed ak2i.

nds-card is p quick

the dungeons had the best songs and that was about it, the labyrinth specifically

Halp pls?

Considering it leaked a whole week early, everyone here likely played it or forgot about it by launch.

I would suggest looking at the thread at GBATemp's PSVita hacking forum.

It might come out in a few hours

A bit late, but do you know if the already flashed versions of cards are sold on ebay or somewhere else? And how do I use powersaves after/if I get one?

Sorry, I don't- I own a CFW N3dsXL I used to flash my own which I already had.

>And how do I use powersaves after/if I get one?
There's probably going to be some program you run while you've got it hooked up to your PC with your flashcard in it. Details aren't available right now.

>Ever Oasis had some really, awful obnoxious songs though.
yeah the daytime version of the town theme is terrible

>magnethax was released
>no link or anything

Crack reporting OP.

i downloaded the monhun stories demo through FBI but it crashes after the 3ds splash screen. any help?

anyone have an idea how much dlc would be conferred by the title key there?

implemented into the guide

Is it possible for Nintendo to brick a console remotely? I was playing Yoshi and Poochy's Wooly World, closed the 3DS for a while, and now it won't turn on at all.

No. sd probably, just take it out and put it back in a bunch

I know. You could mention that.

Any chance the game corrupted the SD card? I have a complicated way of accessing the SD card on my PC due to no built-in card reader, so I'd like to know before checking.

I just hacked my 3DS for the first time.

It's on 11.2.0-35U, I followed 3ds.guide/, and used SoundHax.

I have both Boot9Strap and Luma3DS installed, is it safe to update to 11.5?

No, it will make your 3DS emit mustard gas.

should already be on 11.5 since its one of the last steps

are you me?

shit
I saw the step, but assumed it was out of date due to the fact that I've heard 11.5 is pretty shit for hacking. I'm assuming it isn't?
Nope.

kek

If you already have your system hacked, how can 11.5 be "shit for hacking"?

God, I swear

Once you have B9S installed, your system is thoroughly owned and it doesn't much matter what 3DS firmware you are on anymore.

Alright.
That's a fair point.

Thanks for the straight answer.

Unlikely, but maybe. My sd gets iffy all the time as its an adapter in the 3ds, so a couple reinputs with the old snes blow usually fixes it right up

Alright, I'll check it out there then. Thanks amigo.

Good luck man