Ricing out your ride, stancefaggotry and lifted trucks are already old news, what's the next retarded thing for cars?

Ricing out your ride, stancefaggotry and lifted trucks are already old news, what's the next retarded thing for cars?

lowered SUVs

Eschewing them entirely for self-driving cars

*Crossovers

Positive camber

Probably something hilariously dangerous involving electric cars.

Probably blow up dolls in the driver's seat.

I am waiting for the guys to "mod" or "hack" the self driving software and/or control systems to make the electric shitboxes go faster.

Blow-up dolls + sex dolls, animals, inanimate objects, it's gonna be a great meme

You mean the part that if they crash and catch fire is impossible to put it out and will keep re-combust for weeks?

Slammed off road vehicles

Bar in the self driving car. If there is a crash, car gets the DUI.

It's already a thing with itasha guys. They put their dakimakura in the seat.

Removing one spark plug so the engine makes a weird sound

i dunno, lowered SUVs at least have a good, non-obnoxious aesthetic, especially with the new ones

Ricing crossovers

This is already a thing in Paterson nj. Esp with old crvs

Lifted cars that have no business being lifted

The Ghostrider challenge, since we seem to have retarded challenges for everything now. It's basically just regular ghost riding but it's an internet sensation, with predictable results.

But ghost riding was ALREADY "an internet sensation". Maybe you're onto something, though... Maybe revisiting old "challenges" and do them while driving?

Putting snorkles on any cars that are not off- roaders

A guy at work drives a lowered Cayenne V8 TDI. Honestly most crossovers are just big hatchbacks, maybe with a lowering kit and some simple mods you can get one to handle.

>lowered SUVs look like obese station wagons
I'm not sure how I feel about this

Sportbike drifting.

Reason: Milennials can not afford cool cars and don't know how to work on the things, let alone raise them, assuming they have the space or the level ground to start with, but a $3k GSXR in good mechanical condition is doable and working on a bike is like working on a fucking lawnmower. Just turn the bolts, they're all out in the open.

Angled wheels.

Fuck me even the picture isn't in the right position

>Angled wheels.
That's called negative camber or stancing. Already very popular among the millenial car scene.

I like this idea even more. Down a tide pod while at the wheel and hope for the best. Remember to post the results on youtube.

Electric cars
originally

Raised rooflines, tiny rims with thicc sidewalls. Pastel colors and aftermarket fins.

All high cars will get an extra droopy grill to prevent small kids and shit from getting underneath it in an accident. There's already some talk about this because some SUVs sold in Europe are huge compared to the A segment tin cans, they push the tin can down which negates the whole crimple zone of the tin can while the SUV proceeds to slide right into the windshield

Expect extra lexus predator face droopiness. Screencap this

As for the next fad, probably extra large wheels + lowering kit with hood cutouts like the gt3 cars

A crossover-level obsession with small, built-refrigerators. It will be so desired, that it will reduce sales by 30% in vehicles that don't offer it as an ($1,800) option.

I think Odyssey's have a compartment that A/C blows into to keep shit cold.

Extremely small tires, think tiny ass lawnmower tires but highway rated. Then people will start using actual lawnmower tires and getting ticketed.

burning oil on purpose.
already a bunch of cars doing it in my city.

shit, this will probably actually become a thing.....

Backing it in has been a thing for years already.

I saw a heavily stanced Honda Odyssey on i-5 a while back. Still not sure what to think.

Riced out four wheelers, people will petition to have four wheelers road legal and start to stance them, add neon lights and huge spoilers. Don't forget cherry bombing the exhaust for that cool sound.

My 2013 Chrysler 300c has heated/cooled cupholders. They work well, but it's so unnecessary. Used them once for milkshake from in-n-out and kept it frosty for hours. Literally the only time I've used it.

today i saw a Chrysler 300 rolling on what must have been 24's or bigger but not rolling low profile tires like 25 or 30 series. looked like 60 or bigger series.

Raised Tesla cars that aren't the model X.

They're already annoying, it'll only make em more annoying

Or the part where the smoke is toxic AF and could lead to your death even if you survive the accident or are just a bystander?

Or Diesel's in cars meant to be driven in a city

>Sportbike drifting.
But that's actually hard to do unless you nig it out and put a 4ft swingarm on it.

Mine came with 20s from the factory and I've had issues. Can't imagine 24s. Stupid fucking nogs.

>Jeep patriot center console and cup holders are so badly insulated it’s cold in any weather
Pretty sure I could punch a hole right through to the transmission in that thing

Most of the shit in this thread is whether 10/10 retarded or has been a thing for ages. Veeky Forums is so out of touch.

Convertible minivan

That's actually kinda cool, or at least it would be for a local sight-seeing/city tour company's vehicle.

this,
people who bought shit boring garbage cars and now want to pretend they are real cars because the badge is right.

This is the kind of shit kids put in a video where they distort the image and have the horrifically bass boosted music for "comedic effect"

Running two big wires from the battery back to where an exhaust should be, so that when you accelerate they crackle and pop like a taser

High sidewall tires on OEM wheels for le retro look

mexicans already do that tho

The Cheese wedge, lifted at the back lowered at the front.

painted yellow of course

the future is now

Making a sport out of rolling over on purpose.

Electric cars.

This was a popular meme before lowering the whole car was popular.

I suggest doing it the other way around, like a gasser

Lightweight, short wheel box, high ground clearance, off road vehicle with factory skid plates, full size spare, winches, roof top tent, and an electronic motor instead of gas with high efficiency solar panels.

You had me up until electric motor. Might be useful out in the sticks though, if the solar panels are any good.

Since electric cars have instant-on heaters, why not make a vape mod for them?

Attach a button to the steering wheel, wrap cotton around the coil elements, then have a small dripper setup with vape juice. Press the button and the whole cabin gets fogged.

they're everywhere in LA

this goy knows whats up

iced electric

TRON style electric car mods and useless electric cosmetic stuff like tesla coils coming out the hood of a tesla.

Tron lights are already a thing in sports car racing so the cars can be seen at night. They were really good in 2015, some of the Lamborghinis had giant green lighted meme arrows on their sides.

this attentionwhoring shit

That's actually quite sensible given how often floods happen now

My car has 10 inch wheels

Like this?

That's because they are obese wagons

>this shit

The 1990s in bongland?

This. NO FUCKS GIVEN is the new stance.

Still waiting for strafing to become a thing.

Making old cars electric, hoonigan had a guy show up with a AE86 that was electric

RHD car, removable real steering wheel and a fake rack for the mannequin. Perfect.

The thing is most of these are not even NFG.
This guy's thought process is baisically "I have this piece of shit and that functional idea- I need this thing for car to work- I have/know how to work with these parts that can make it work, as unfit for the job as they are- I guess if I'm doing this anyway may as well do it in a weird way". For example, the gauages on his RX7 are outside because he didn't have them before, and it was both easier and weirder to put them on the hood like some old muscles.
Compare with kids that take a good car and have no idea beyond making the car visually obnoxious. Fake rust, fucked suspension, needlessly stripped interior, et cetra.

Mark my words, BMW will come up with fake steering feel. their cars can already analyze road surfaces, so they could actually put motors inside the rim of the steering wheel, that way they can get away with fly-by-wire steering

Turning cars that came turbo from factory into slow N/A cars

Electric motor for perfect torque when rock crawling. And high efficiency solar panels for unlimited distance while /out/

All American pickups do this already.

The bodyline behind the front wheel looks about right for the size of the vehicle.

But the front is just some low hanging ground scraping bell end

>have fake gears so it feels like a regular car to people
>but its electric
>taser sound everytime it shifts for a sporty feel
I laughed out loud at the thought of this

I know you're kidding, but this would put hella oily vape film on the window. Shit's a bitch to clean.

My wheelbarrow has bigger wheels than that. Probably rides better too.

There's a company that converts Deloreans to electric, if that's your kind of thing.

STICKERS. STICKERS EVERYWHERE UGHHH

Don't mind me, just showing those hipster stance fags what's for.

Remove the limiters in reverse? Race in "r" mode at the same top speeds as "d"

Clap-to-start ignition.

Bring back nitrogen tires.

Mad Maxing your vehicles into post apocalyptic units

>the absolute state of burgers

Stay with me here
The next big trend is:
Young people learning to do their own work and focusing on the preservation of and enhancement of late 90's/early 2000's performance vehicles for the purposes of fun backroads driving and the appreciation of engineering and design

I'm 22 and have a group of 12 or so guys who I go to meets with, we all do our own work, detail our cars properly and focus on maint and then performance
We've seen how wasteful prior generations have been with the drifting/ratty/cambergang/cut-fender W I D E B O D Y DUDE memes and care about keeping up decent, fun to drive manual vehicles while they're economically feasible to own and drive

People have more interest than ever in DIY and in racing, track or backroads/kanjo/togue

Spyware for your car.

Or maybe people using their car battery to mine Bitcoin while they drive.

There's going to be zero interest in restoring these types of cars outside of literal Veeky Forumstist circles. People only care about them as mod platforms.

23 here exactly what I'm doing
>2003 VW Passat W8
Fucking love it