The DOORS of GRIMOIRE: You Cannot Pass Some Crowl Doors, Only in v21 patch LOL

INCLINE: HELP EACH OTHER TO PLAY GRIMWAH! Important Tips, discoveries shared. Community Love! Make Grimoire not War!!

(wailing about certain uploads)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Otf9Bnm48Kk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grimoire 1.2.0.21 Update

Various locks on small buildings in Crowl not working, estimated 5 locks were using wrong link indexes to rotate door to passable. All primary quest locks were tested and working for important buildings like Vanguard Officer's Quarters and Vault, etc. for game logic.

Fixed and tested.

----------

Um.. wait.. isn't Crowl a GAME BEGIN LOCATION!? And messed up doors there were discovered now? %-/

It's already well known that the game isn't finished and should be removed from steam. Reminds me of that one game where the dev talked about how it had some number of levels and that it was super super difficult to beat when in actuality it was impossible to beat the first level.

Roll a 30 on a Durendil and you have the only possibility to get a templar as a starting character.

You'll be swimming in skillpoints but you will have to deal with the Durendil's dumb equipment limitations

What do you say to this face in the pyramid?
I tried Ner dakkutes vutak akata, which is I bring my soul as an offering, but it didn't work

I'm certified 100% homo sapiens from a DNA testing service. I really want to play this game, but I don't think I'll be able to from what some people are saying about needing superior genetics? What's the easiest party to roll?

Game can't be completed, I'd wait

2 Metalsmiths, ranger, bard, sage. Get lethal blow on ranger and metalsmiths.

6 Metalsmiths and 2 Sage

feels bad when you open a full treasure chest and think "hmm, I have a sage and 100,000 gold. Best just throw this all away"

>only 100k

I feel like gold is only in this game to make you feel better about deleting items from your inventory

You got the concept but switch the words around to domething more antique if you actch my drift.

how do I get this damn turtle to show up?

It feels like randomly trying to swim into the lake is a bad idea

from the pier, two tiles to the right, 1 tile to the south, secret button

what

Is there a clue to that somewhere? There's an engraving I can't read (no ancient history?) but I assumed that was related to the puzzle door nearby.

No clue that I know of

okay, I fired off a lvl 7 Wizard Eye artifact and I can see the secret door and turtle on it

I can cast lvl 4 =Wizard Eye, but that doesn't reach far enough.

Can the game be completed now my dude?

Is losing your save between patches still a thing? I'm borderline on buying this

what a cute retard pepe

No. Only happened with one version .7, about 8 patches ago. Latest patch is .21 and saves from any version other than .7 play in every subsequent version.

Thanks for the info. Another question I had was, is the game a mess? I hear stuff like it's very unbalanced and not finished but it's so hard to get a clear answer since it seems like such a bad game and maybe retards and screaming broken because they can't figure it out

Anybody sharing 1.2.0.21?

Really enjoyed the mystery gate puzzle in the catacombs, the one guarded by the ghost who needed a reason for you to pass. Keep thinking back to Crowl people & thinga for elaborate reasons or code words, then remembered the secret engraved under the water tile and the ordinary purpose of visiting a gravesite.

No it's not broken. Combat is still challenging. You'll be engaged and drawn into it and enjoy it. Patches have solved most of the early balance issues (can't powerlevel steath or music now) and if you find a combat technique too strong you can always not use it or use one of the dozens of alternative strategies.

The locks were the opposite. You could get access to areas too early prior to the patch.

Anyone know if class changing is fixed? You can't seem to obtain new skills after changing. Even after leveling up.

It is not, the only bugs that were fixed were the progression bugs in Knossos and Baphomet so that you can get 8/9 tablets and finish the game. The 9th tablet is a lie anyway and isn't in the game nor is it necessary for completion because there are only 8 tablet chests in Blackspike.

Old thread:

I got a Bone dagger from a drop in Briarpatch woods, I put it on my Sage now he has no mp and I can't unequip the dagger

is it cursed, or a bug? I'm sad that I need to ask

t. sape

well, when you equipped it it will have said "BONE DAGGER IS CURSED!!!", so take a guess

you can get remove curse somewhere, or hit people with it a few times and it will break

Not bugged, the Bone Dagger is cursed, but instantly kills undead/ghosts and disintegrates after one use.

I must have missed the curse text, maybe I was too focused on Identifying other items.

Want to start this game tonight how does

Metalsmith
Beserker
Thief
Ranger
Wizard
Cleric
Bard
Necro

Sound?

>Thief
>Ranger
Same job. Both are used to pick locks/scout/rob/inspect. Also, Bard does this as well, and bards have way too many skill points, so choose from:
>Bard
>Thief
>Ranger
Bard for utility, Ranger for lethal blow. Thief is...backstab which at 100 has a 25% to activate and is shit because it takes 2 turns and Lethal blow is better.

>Wizard
>Necro
Same job. Both are offensive casters. Wizard has lots of high damage spells early, but later Necro gets Magic Drain for unlimited Magic, summons and a fuck-ton of Instant kill spells.

Also, for all casters, make them burrowers or wolfin because they are the only ones with good MP Regen. Necros have to be Fey or Aeorbs, I recommend fey.

How do I get in the bottom half of this area??

do you have the owl statue? If not tough luck

Fuck

Fantastic, I've finally beaten the first area and can see the glory of the rest of the world. On to the surely beautiful Lalain Falls.

"Nest Of Oreworms"

fuck

Where do I have to look for a hint about the three dials in Aquavia?

So I'm thinking ok cut the ranger, I want the thief so I can go pirate later with a naga.

What about vamp necros? Role play wise it just seems right.

Is it a big deal to have two heros have the "same job" like a necro/wizard? Seems like with 8 heros you are bound to have some crossover like that.

Thanks for all your advice

same dungeon

Also does anyone know if giving your casters the hp buff is the right way to go? I hear they start with 1 hp

Anything slightly more precise?

bottom level

Mods when!?!?

big titty hippy talking shit about my robo-owl

>implying

NEVER EVER

So how do you find Raghilda's sister?

is it a glitch that in the imprisoned start the soldiers with the thistle whistles get unlimited attacks before you do.

without they are beatable but it seems the groups that have it doesn't matter 3 or 6 just get an unlimited number of attacks before you get one.

don't worry about it, just keep going through quests

It's not glitched, and they don't get unlimited attacks, they get something like 5 attacks, and then Thistle Whistle hits the entire party. They choose between attacking with a spear or the whistle.

It's just, a low level party can't usually withstand 15 attacks per turn.

is there even any downside for giving my ranger, that always wielded a blade, a spear now? he seems to be hitting just fine

I'll re-explore it, then. Thanks.

I'm feeling totally lost here. Just post-Lich spoilers: I've got cosmic egg yolk, no clue what to do with it. I murdered the sky wizard and I've placed the stepping stones in Samhain Gorge and I repaired something called Outrider harness. Problem is I can't find a key or figure out how to actually enter Samhain. That door and Loogmar's that's barred with mythril are the ones I can find that might actually take me further in the game

Am I missing something on how to get into Samhain? I've made my way across the chasm, I've got the King's Crest but I can't open the gate. Is there a hint anywhere on how to open it?

Look at the king's crest

You glorious bastard thank you for that, reading your post I realized that the King's Crest is the key for the Gate of Loogmar on the level below the Gorge. I just ran there and opened it, the key to Samhain should be beyond it

Yeah I just figured it out, can't believe I never even tried it when I found the damn door.

that glorious exposition dump
(that makes no sense whatsoever)

They cracked open the door, and everyone gets demon murdered, and our holographic friend runs back over the bridge as his mates blow it up to strand the demonocalypse.

And... then they go back over the gorge and build a new door? Without being killed by demons. While filling the entirety of Samhain with crazy dwarf miners.

OREWORMS STILL CRASH MY GAME
someone pls upload latest version

A city of ghosts later is even worse in terms of making sense.

I've never had oreworms crash me

It's always picking up a key after a battle that does it (apparently fixed a couple of versions ago)

You can also use Zep's savegame editor , where you place the Owl statue into the quiver slot of one of your warriors. There are numbers in each slot in the editor. Just use 572 quiver slot, save and load your game. Use the statue to grant yourself access.

im still on .12

Do I need to do something special to use the obelisk?

They are moongates, literally from Ultima.

You need an item to use them.

Oh, I thought you could read them or something so I've been putting a lot of points into Ancient History

Game confirmed at 85 Hours for 100% Secrets and all 5 Sidequests done.

GG

Reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=Otf9Bnm48Kk

Where the shit are all 4 pieces of the fishing line? I have cast locate item in so many areas and cannot find the 4th piece.

>What about vamp necros?
I was stubborn enough to roll one. You need like 30 to make a vamp necro. Has shit for hp and will die to a sneeze. The charm racial is powerful and they cannot be rezzed thorugh normal means. But you're advised to savescum deaths as they cost 10CON per death/rez cycle. Mana pool is early on an issue.

If you want a hint of where to go next, look at the letter of Marque.

>they cost 10 con per death/rez
use raise dead instead of resurrection, raise dead has no con penalty

As long as you hit stuff, no. Check if your spear has the lethal attribute, as lethal blow won't proc unless the equipped weapon has it.

Thanks for the tip fellow user.

I have a vamp necro in my team and good god, she is GOAT for sure

>GOAT
Grimoire Of All Time?

False, Cleve said weapons with lethal property has their own chance to proc lethal blow. If you use a lethal weapon with a character with lethal blow, you simply get two chances for the proc.

Nah, I got through the door. All that wordswordswords about horrors but not a single Oreworm has spawned, only spiders and other things I can defeat without even using magic.

With 100 Lethal Blow, I have never procc'd it on a weapon without *Lethal*. With an item with *Lethal* at least one critical hit per round.

someone upload latest version please desu

Vamphyr has too slow mana regen. I have a Barrower Necromancer, who is regenerating mana fastest.

nobody knows where all the fishing line is? the last piece is stumping me and i really don't want to have to go through like fifty areas casting locate item, and there's always the chance maybe it's bugged and won't show up on locate item

also, where do you find out the combinations of some of those owl chests? my sage has 65 ancient history but I only remember finding the combination to the phoenix cage, are the owl chest combos way later in the game or something?

My metalsmith hits lethal blows with his forge hammer and it does not have the lethal property, so not sure what I can tell you buddy. I saw cleve post that on the forum

I have two metal smiths, one with a lethal weapon and one without. Both have points in Lethal Blow.

The one with gets fatal blows constantly, the other never.

whenever i meet oreworms i refuse to fight them and just load, what a dumb enemy, not only does it destroy your gear it usually crashes my game too

>The manual will be available shortly off the page to anyone. I am sure even the pirates will be the first to get a copy.
>23h ago
this nigga for real?
i just need the fucking manual

>can't fight oreworms
Sape. Sleep them with your highest speed sleep user, cast an aoe spell like max power fireball on their group, and have everyone else that is not sleeping or casting fireball hide so they do nothing and don't break the sleep.

I got lucky. My sage was slightly faster than an oreworm, so he just played the sleep harp every turn after the gang beat up on them.

lol, you haven't encountered climbing yet

i have two bards that keep sleeping/charming two of them, it wouldnt be such an issue if 80% of the oreworm encounters would crash my game

Ore Worm crash is caused by specific debuffs.

Paralyze, Charm, Freeze.

You can sleep them, but you need to be careful because some debuffs will crash the game.

"And so, the brave heroes carefully laid down all their glassware upon the grass, and climbed up and down a little path for several days..."

Oreworms destroy your gear? Armor or weapons

Oreworms spit acid, which causes Rust (disintegration) of weapons & armor.

Damn,didnt notice that.
Do they appear after mines in later chapters?

The best part is if you're clicking through combat and don't see the message

"GHOST FALLS ASLEEP!"