youtube.com/watch?v=yKeKT_oSJzk
youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso
youtube.com/watch?v=6G00WToyYXs
youtube.com/watch?v=Gru4IfbKlfU
youtu.be/b0vkLFnmij0?t=40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

white girls are the best

playblue

Im trying to get into this game, where do I start? Its my first street fighter and im trying to pick up Ryu

Im somewhat familiar with how the general gameflow works but other than that, im pretty much in the dark. What do I start with? Ive been going through some framedata and learning the general movesets of the whole cast (although I still dont have kolin myself)

look at how excited people get playing tekken
youtube.com/watch?v=yKeKT_oSJzk

compare that to jive

sometimes. i like to learn what i did wrong and review it

are you five?

brownies besties

1. Drop this shitty fucking game
2. But Guilty Gear, BlazBlue or Tekken
3. Play a real fighting game

watch good ryu players and learn from them

nobody good plays ryu in season 2

Learn some basic combos and play. Most important in bronze and silver will be AAing. Make sure you got that. Otherwise throw a lot, don't jump and don't get cornered.

practice basic moves over and over both sides, learn a few quick bnb's for various situations, nothing too complicated. then go online and learn footisies, blocking and grab teching.

>3. Play a real fighting game

I already main injustice 2. I dont want to get into tekken because of its 3d style, legacy skill favoring and boring cast. The only characters im mildly interested in are Gigas and yoshimitsu but I know im not ready to juggle three fighters seriously

the few matches ive played online never feel like I can do anything reliably. My opponents are practically jumping machines 99% of the time but my anti airs rarely feel reliable unless I shoryuken them. My CFN is koiranburger, it would be great if some decent players looked at any of my replays and identified some issues

calm down rashid

You forgot the most important step of crying after you watch your awful replay

What are some songs that are similar in style to Tekken's chiller tracks? I also liked the Ridge Racer soundtracks

Kind of ambient electro stuff with some vocals here and there

Only in fiction

First thing you need to know is that you are going to lose A LOT. As "scrub friendly" as SFV is it's still a fighting game and the learning curve is pretty disgusting compared to every other genre. As someone has already mentioned you need to focus on your fundamentals like anti-airs.

The question you need to ask yourself at the moment is: Do I want to win or get better? If you want to get better at the game faster then stay out of ranked or casual for at least 3-4 days and just sit in training mode practicing your basics or you're going to go into VS maybe learn a few winning moves that no-one punishes at that rank and hit a road block once people wise up. Don't reinforce bad habits early on or you will regret it 300 hours in.

Things you want to focus on first -

Quater circle motions and or Dragon Punch motions from both sides.

Knowing what your chosen character's buttons do and when it's best to used them i.e. footsies

How to play defensive and punish your opponent.

hello SEA

NEVER
EVER

Start by refunding the game, if possible, and then purchasing tekken 7, the real man's fighting game.

youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso

>My opponents are practically jumping machines 99% of the time
That's rookie/bronze for you. My advice would be to take Guile and learn how to play him first. His flashkick will put the fear in people jumping around like morons and you'll force them to get on the ground and play real Street Fighter...and by real Street Fighter I mean you spamming sonic booms until they get angry and jump into your flash kick. Also Guile is an excellent footsies character if you WANT him to be.

buzz buzz

>I already main injustice 2...
Do u not mean Mk reskinned retarded baby cousin

I already know that one it's posted in every thread
Good one tho

Is Third Strike seriously the only game with parrying

It's not even designed around it they just put it in there, hasn't there been a game who picked up the torch

youtube.com/watch?v=6G00WToyYXs

I have never seen anyone have so much fun with any fighting game ever.

What's this genre called, 80s souls?

hes laughing AT the game though, not WITH it

god damn that game is ugly and slow and doesnt have a single good character...

No, neophyte. Garou has Just Defense (which is like parry), CvS2 has Parrying and Just Defense, and that one shitty kickstarter game has parrying

sfv has parrys

ryu, zangief, abigail, kolin, alex

JUST CHOKE MY SHIT UP

70's-80's funk r&b?
youtube.com/watch?v=Gru4IfbKlfU

>kolin
>parry
those are counter moves

Doesn't Akuma have a parry?

Nope. He's quite obviously laughing at how fun it is to make reads.

Will EVO japan be as EATSPORTS as regualar EVO?

BASED SIRLOIN

you might like Flamingosis, and/or LUVRAW & BTB

>Its my first street fighter and im trying to pick up Ryu

Just quit. Why do new players do this? Fuck Ryu, fuck Ken. Play a real character.

Who is more autistic Cammy or Laura?

you cant get anything off of her v-skill?

yeah. maybe thats more of a counter move too though, idk

Yes
Cammy "my fwiends" White

This read the book of ken child and attain greatness.

>a real character
Like?

goober has blitz shields if those count
doa
soul calibur

>Most important in bronze and silver will be AAing. Make sure you got that
Is there a way to practice anti air in training mode or you just have to play over and over again? Anti air is pretty easy in training mode, the dummy jumps and you clip them. Seemed like a pretty brainded exercise.

In real match, your opponent jump, mistimes their jump and land behind you, or they jump while you're pressing buttons, or they jump and change their arc with divekick, it's a giant mess.

Literally anything other than ryu or fucking ken. I don't know that shit always irk'd me.
>let's play this game with a wide variety of unique and interesting char-
>Nah I'm just going to fucking main lu kang fuck it.

Seriously stop this.

sfv

that guys retarded. just play the character you like the most, and if that happens to be ryu/ken/akuma then go for it. just keep in mind that those characters have a significantly higher number of players using them, so people will be very familiar with how to fight them.

Juri or Elena

BASED DANK

Post some vids bro I always wanted to see how you play considering your insight is always good

>

he doesnt need to main ryu/ken nor is he expected too. Theyre just good characters to learn basics with

please delete

I really disagree. New players never learn properly. Hell you have to learn how to learn before you can even get knowledge building. He's going to teach himself smash DP when stubby arm punch gets stuffed and that his spinning kick isn't safe, but he'll keep doing it anyways cause fucking ryu players.

>tranny
>plays raven
kill it

are you retarded? I never said that SFV is my first fighting game, I said its my first street fighter you obnoxious clown. Im learning ryu because he is the one that interests me the most

..you're not talking about bace, are you?

Whats with the insults, totally rude. I never insulted you man. I'm trying to save you here, ok. If you want to swim in that flowing lava pit tho, fuck it be my guest.

will that not apply to any character than he picks?

>24 different flavors
>I'll just have vanilla lmao
What a waste

I wish I was Rashid bros...

In SF V you can't even with the footsie game with Ryu and Ken like you could in IV without being a multitude of times better than your opponent as opposed to being around their skill level. I don't play V but if I was new to fighting games and I was playing that shit I'd rather learn Balrog because not only is he flashy he can actually win games.

can't even win*

for further clarity, look how hard they butchered Ryu and Ken's cr. MK and compare it to Balrog's which is untouched and leads into a full combo at max range.

Don't let your dreams be just a fantasy, follow your heart. Chase those winds..

How do people unironically play Anime Fighters?

Between the literal sentences on getting hit or teching overlapping eachother, the cringe cliches, the 2 minute long combos, auto combo buttons as of late; I don't fucking get it.

It seems -designed- to give you a headache.

Guilty Gear X2 AC+R had slashbacks.

Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the scouter...then I was able to see clearly, the man of my dreams was in front of me all along...

No good player ever complains about long combos.

Everything you have, your opponent has as well. Any "bullshit" you claim an anime fighting game has you can do as well and it leads into a fighting game experience that puts your reactions and movement to the test.

cant stand the way they look or the character designs either

ill probably never try guilty gear simply because of how anime those motherfuckers look

>xaiohai, poongko, and nemo need a shitload of points

meanwhile while got literally whos or trashcans like wong qualifying, broken-ass system

I'm not willing to get good at this, I got annoyed from an hour and a half of training in Blazblue.

I really hope for the versus game they enable an option to turn off voices. Nobody cares.

WAHHH I'M NOT GOOD AT X WHY DOES X EXIST

xiaohai's fault for focusing on a dead game like KOF

Nemo's fault for having a job

Poongko's fault for having to rely on kappa neets

Not the noobie person, but another bronzies who started playing last week.

Just to follow up on SFV tips for noobers, to not jump and AA, I tried to slow down the tempo but I found myself to lose more. Jumping left and right, doing wakeup DPs and raw supers seemed to be the name of the game in bronze league. I could either joint my opponents scrub tactic, and have ~50% winrate as if two headless chickens are fighting or I can slow down to try footsie and get rektd, stunned and dominated instead. Should I insist on playing the game "properly" or should I just do whatever I can to win and grind up the LPs, adjust when necessary

yeah dude watching the other player do single player combos while youre helpless for 10 seconds is great gameplay

fucking goobers

I like the fast paced neutral, and since anime fighters usually have more offensive/defensive options it feels way better to make a read over SF games.

hi

i played bad at vsfighting

mvci and dbfz were very fun though

Blazblue is TOO anime. Also the community is unbearable. I'm not a fan of GG either, but the way the Blazblue fans constantly make lame jokes about Goobs is pathetic. They seem like the petty friend-zoned betas of the FGC, or maybe it's just the few on /fgg/ that are overwhelmingly autistic

>Long combos are bad
>Unless it's SF V!!

youtu.be/b0vkLFnmij0?t=40s

did you at least play sets with Xian or Luffy?

Why aren't you doing you own 10 second combos?
??

Reminder Chadblade is in Top 8 for both BB and UNIST at Summer Jam today

How do people play non-anime fighters lol. Between the simple baby combos, ACTUAL 50/50's (no burst or dead angle to save you lol) less options, nearly the same character's, and boring character design's how do you even stand them?

because im not playing a shitty animu game

being over the age of 14

Why are you talking shit about a game you don't play, streamboar?

i barely saw anything of xian, he showed up kinda late to his pools and then as soon as he had finished he dissapeared again

considering he was basically the only big name asian player in attendance im sure he was absolutely swamped by people looking for sets

Makes sense. The older you get the worse you get at fighting games. Guess you just can't handle em.
Well look who it is.

I am

He was playing Injustice as well so probably didn't have much time

yatagarasu has parries

>I tried to slow down the tempo but I found myself to lose more. Jumping left and right, doing wakeup DPs and raw supers seemed to be the name of the game in bronze league

Yeah, doing things that people don't know how to punish will get you into silver, maybe even gold, but you will never get past low gold because people welcome predictable and repetitive playstyle at this point and will capitalise on your lack of knowledge and inflexibility. Practice getting better, not winning, because the two do not correlate in bronze.

>or I can slow down to try footsie and get rektd
Footsies is rarely about getting damage, it's a setup for damage. If you spam lights or mediums, yeah your bronze ken opponent is going to do his lazy bullshit invincible DP, that's why you learn how to punish DP with crush counter.

sure.

i used to play blazblue but i quit because it was boring

Since we're talking about characters what ones in particular, in any fighting game, do you feel help carry players due to people being unfamiliar with them. Every game has a few mid tier, some time even high tier guys no one uses that are always a pain to fight. Although I suppose depending on where you live it may be different since a character may be more popular.

Note this isn't shitting on people who use the characters just who people feel those characters are.

SFV: Dhalsim, Birdie, Nash
GGXR1: Bedman, Dizzy
IJ2: Darksied, Catwoman, Captain Cold (Although that may change online with SonicFox using the character)
Tekken 7: Alysa, Law, Jack

hello

was it nerves?

or lack of practice

Sooo ?

i did practice a lot but clearly it wasnt enough

i have to practice more

It's ok.