Why do boomers insist on driving giant pickups to their office jobs?

Why do boomers insist on driving giant pickups to their office jobs?

Because boomers are retards?
Is this even a question you have to ask?

I drive a pickup to my job because I do work on my off days. It's more convenient to have one truck and all my tools and shit already in it.

Why do millenials insist on being whiny bitches?

Why can't boomers park their pointless $70k pickup that they bought on their $80k salary between the lines?

Why do boomers whine about millennials all the time after they ruined the country for future generations?

why do millenials drive shitty pedestrian-safe volvos? kys.

Now that's a good question

Probably because you sound like post menopausal childless cat ladies. You can wait until you're old and cranky for that. Life's not fair. Grow up. Deal with it.

t. late gen x

boomer detected

325hp 354tq isn't so bad as a commuter car. Comfy too.

Much closer to millenial than boomer.

Anyways, I'm late for work already. Get a job and maybe one day you can afford better than a skateboard or a bus pass, too.

My dad drives his Ranger for the 4 wheel drive when its slick out, otherwise he drives a normal car. Maybe you should quit being so judgemental, user.

but it looks like shit.

t. jelly

why do you drive a pussy soycar for females that work in middle management?

Imagine being this insecure about your... tendencies.

>having a female boss

you can tell OP is a redditor

>having a job

>not being able to afford toys
Nice Civic brah

9/10

Every time I come here, it feels like I'm in kindergarten.

>I need a big vehicle to feel manly, because I don’t look manly at all

Nigger I could drive a 2004 beetle and people wouldn’t look at me twice

That's understandable.

Nice projections. That'll show'em

I drive a V8 pickumup truck daily suck my cock poorfag
Quad cabs are cancer tho

>thinks I’m baiting
>I’m actually telling the truth

He drives a 2012 Chevy Cruze when it’s not icy. The Ranger is from 2004 and my dad completely restored the bed of the truck and cut out the pockets where mud gets stuck so the bed doesn’t rot so fast.

>tfw hopefully getting an office job soon
>after a few months will have enough for my first car
>want a civic or a corolla hatch
>will probably get looked at like a manchild by everyone else at work driving a prius or a focus

Or do you think people don't care, and it doesn't matter what you drive to work, no matter your job?

Some people will care, 98% of people don't give a shit which is why your office parking lot will be filled with silver Camrys and Chevy Tahoes.

>silver Camrys and Chevy Tahoes

It wont, I'm an Europoor. It will be filled with newer focuses, BWS, passats, maybe some mazda 3s and volvos.

You know what grinds my gears even more? The assholes that leave their fuckhuge trailer hitches that stick out 8 inches on at all times.

Commuting in a truck is fine if you use it as a truck outside of work though, my dad's got a 2007 tundra v8 which he commutes with. He got it because he needed something to tow his sailboat and haul his motorcycle.

Understandable, have a great day.

This.

Not that I think any explanation is owed. It's none of OP's goddamn business.

My old boss probably makes something like $200k and I saw her busted old 90s Acrua in the parking garage the other day. I once changed the battery for her.

I don't think anybody driving a Prius or a Focus has any place looking down on other people's cars.

Why do I make 6 figures at 1/3 your age boomer, quit being a failure

>my company's CFO drives an 80's camry
>assembly line leads and supervisors drive brand new lexus crossovers

Because you sucked the right Baby Boomer cocks.

Listen here you little shits, not everyone works at Taco Bell. OK? Some people like a big car with L U X U R Y. You understand? LUXURY. I'm used to cars that shift themselves- luxury. I sit above traffic- luxury. 4x4 on demand- luxury. I turn the ac on and it's so cold I wear a coat in summertime- LUXURY.
I understand not everyone can afford to drive a big truck. Maybe if you pull your head out of your ASS qnd wise up some day you could get a real job and buy a real vehicle. But don't think for one minute I'm going to come down to YOUR level to make you feel better you whiny punk. One I was your age I already had a real job and a pension. You wouldn't show up at the office in a Corolla, would you?

Yeah, that's like me. I have a dog so I have to have a 2500hd so I can put him in the bed when I go to check the mail.

I don't think you'd be old enough to work at 1/3 of my age. As for sixfigs I found the obvious options to be offensive corporations with obnoxious atmospheres and often infantile workers, so I dropped out of that scene. I'm a chronic underachiever, but I don't need an expensive car to have fun. In fact I don't even use self-propelled transportation to commute.

>leave their fuckhuge trailer hitches that stick out 8 inches on at all times
My dad does this because he says it stops people from tailgating him.

people would stop tailgating him if he stopped driving like a fucking retard.

If I see a hitch like this on a parked truck that is just pinned in, I will just unpin in and throw the hitch into the nearest woods. Fuck those cunts.

luxo-package pickup trucks say to other people you are an obnoxious, ostentatious moron with no money sense or taste.

Why is op a faggot

>ef civic here

Stop projecting your insecurities

>doesnt know a king ranch f150 is the redneck bentley

Seats so fucking nice. If i was rich id daily the shit out of one. Or a gmc sierra or ford excursion 7.3 just to piss off butthurt hipsters in their cuck mobiles

the only boomer i know with a trailer hitch takes the ball off all the time because he think it will get stolen

>king ranch F150
>sierra
>excursion (lel)
Just like I said: No money sense or taste.

I remove my hitch to make parking easier in the city

t. jeep driver

Because land barges never died, they are more popular than ever. They are more comfortable than any luxo-barge from the 80s or 90s. They ran out of room horizontally, so they just started going vertically.

>wahh lifes not fair let me wagecuck in peace stop asking me hard questions
This is the type of person that everyone should be robbing jobs from

>Blanket hate of an entire generation

Don't worry angry little boy, it's just a phase of growing up

Where's the hard question? Go ahead and apply for my job. I'm not planning on staying all that much longer, so chances are I'd be making the determination as to whether or not you'd be competent enough to replace me.

In 2018 pickups are superior to cars in almost every way imaginable

>tfw actually like Volvo and haven't disliked a single Volvo I've ever driven
>Would buy one in a heartbeat if it was RWD

Currently my only realistic option is BMW, can't get an MX-5 because I live up north, and the GT86 is too expensive here to justify.

LOL millennials were a mistake.

>90s Chevy
>calling someone else a poorfag

Nah son.

Even a slow subcompact can run circles around a truck in the on it place anything matters.

Mothertucking touge

Awful lot of boomers from reddit in here, go back to /pol/.

Feel free to relocate yourself. Not our problem

Yeah we know, that's your entire generation's mentality. Shit everything up for everyone else then take no responsibility.

So if new problems arise in the future, I'm allowed to hate you? Okay.

You deserved it for driving some soymobile for cuckolded pseudo-men slaving away for the Jew.

>Fuck future generations with massive inflation which cripples their ability to contribute and earn a living. More importantly destroys their desire to reproduce since their used to their parents lifestyle that they can't possibly manage due to the aforementioned inflation.
>People saying fuck it and giving up
>SS goes broke since brokedick boomers think it's the governments job to provide a living wage for them when their 90 and haven't saved a dime
>f...fucking millennials!
yes you're "allowed" to hate us. doesn't mean it's a valid point.

Need at least 395 hp 410tq.

Boomers aren't responsible for those policies, doof. You share a common enemy there. They just happened to get in earlier into the ponzi scheme than you did. And, so far, you show just as much ignorance as they did by being unable to correctly place blame.

You would've done the same if you were born in our time. There is no point of hating individuals. It's a waste of time.

You're allowed to criticize the things that happened in the past, but just generally hating everyone in a generation is a complete waste of energy and it's childish.

Passive hatred isn't very tiring pops.

The diesel excursions get better fuel economy than the petrol ones though

Did anyone tell you in the past that you're a very irritating person?

If not, I'll take the honor of telling you the truth for the first time. I feel bad for your father who has to deal with his emo son with daddy issues.

Yeah but they pollute a lot more.

No one is complaining about rangers friend, that is not a giant pickup

Not with a functioning exhaust system. They have EGR, SCR, and a catalytic converter stock. Newer trucks (6.4+) have a DPF to further reduce emissions. Diesels aren't as bad as people think. None of them will "roll coal" from the factory, that's all aftermarket. A correctly tuned diesel will have a wisp of black smoke with a lot of throttle, but that's it.

Fuel is more expensive also

My dad is too young to be a boomer and I don't fuck with him enough for him to deal with me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depends on where you are. Diesel is about the same as 89 octane and less than 93 octane where I am.

Ill smash your shitbox on the touge in my 150 any day of the week.

Dont underestimate a big truck just because of its size, theyre suprisingly nimble and real tidy in the twisties these days.

whyAmericansAreAllPoor.jpg

Diesel is around the same price as 93 for me.

The only truck to ever impress me on handling was some GMC with 4ws. I still wouldn't call it nimble.

Take them off, then. You can do that for them.

and a pickup doesn't?

Not always, a lot of them are "security" tow hitches that have a key.

Must not be something people around here in whitetrashville buy.

I've noticed this trend of the people I know who make a shit ton & are managers/higher ups in the company just use older cars if they still run fine. This is why these people are rich, they don't spend money if they don't have too.

>stepside

Money hoarding is bad for the economy, what's the point of being rich for the sake of being rich?

Just because someone isn't blowing money on a 5.7 liter magnum crew cab king ranch laramie hugbox doesn't mean they aren't contributing to the economy.

agree with you somewhat because i disagree with myself somewhat i hate seeing people driving giant diesel trucks who have no use for them being someone whos worked on ranches and various other jobs that make use of large utility trucks it seems like such a waste. Im conflicted tho because tons of modified cars and what not could be considered just as impractical by the same argument

They could do more, it's like they aren't even proud Americans eager to support this great nation.

>Money hoarding is bad for the economy
That's what the rich do hence why Trickle down Economics doesn't work with individuals (I think it works with companies tho).
The Rich are rich because they hold on to that money and keep in in the bank, stocks or land.
Some spend it on nice shit but that's usually the flithy rich, like the CEOs of the TOP companies or those faggot celebrities.

the argument of money hoarding is only ever made by people with no knowledge of economics...when anyone puts money into a bank that money doesnt just sit there the bank loans that money out thats why in the 30s during the depression when all those bank failed the people who kept their money there lost it

My buddys dad has daily driven that exact truck since new in 1995. He also has a c6 vette and loaded avalanche parked in his 3 car garage at his paid for 500k home.

this is why you make an interest on the money you keep in an account

Modified cars become impractical through the desire of their owners and it shows how that vehicle fits in their life.
People buying practical vehicles and using them impractically because they just want to feel superior to others is a sign of a weak personality. The choice of a large truck as a daily driver also indicates a severe lack of driver confidence and an inability to solve problems with tact.

This isn't really a board for auto enthusiasts is it?

Nah, it stopped being that a few years ago, it's just /pol/ but with cars now.

only because retards who don't understand how imageboards work allow /pol/tards to overrun the board until they are the only ones making and posting in threads.

You won't make anything near the inflation rate if all you do is keep it in a bank account.

You could always report OP if you think this is a /pol/ baitthread or what have you.

not debating the efficiency of leaving your money in an account but rather that the reason you make an interest rate is due to the bank loaning your money out thus theyre are making money off of money that you dont touch if youre hoarding it

Itt:
>I can't imagine a world where people do and like and do different things than me.