/fg/ - Falcom General #45

Previous Thread: Fate of Rennefriends edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/xycsvj.webm
site.douban.com/120173/widget/notes/13956519/note/311108897/
site.douban.com/120173/widget/notes/13956519/note/311109019/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck?

Towa a shit.

Give it back or else she's gonna get married to Kurt.

don't trust anyone with a portrait

*puts crossbell inside a happy married life with Kurt*

Reminder that nitpicking Sky/Crossbell won't make Cold Steel good.

I knew Maybelle couldn't be trusted

Reminder that nitpicking CS before CS3 is out will make your arguments invalid.

Cold Steel is OK, I'm certainly enjoying it, but its not as good as it predecessors.

Maybe Sen III will redeem it enough to put it on par, but I have significant doubts.

Still a good game, mind, just not meeting the high standards of Sora and Crossbell.

I enjoyed every Trails except Zero and Ao (but I think thats related to the translation quality and I'll probably enjoy it more when the translation is actually remotely good) and theres nothing you can do to stop me!

You are trapped in Phantasma with Renne. How do you proceed?
Your willpower is greater than her.

Look at the OP as you consider this question.

Headpat and hug her into submission. Then help her out of Phantasma while holding her hand.

I'll probably just get called CSfag or CS apologist but my experience with the Sky games aren't that much better compared to CS. FC and 3rd are great but SC got some issues I couldn't overlook (Same with CS2). I'm not nitpicking to make CS look good, I just don't like it.

Couldn't say anything about Crossbell because I don't trust the translation.

anikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

>CSfag running damage control

Why can't Crossbellfags just accept that some people like CS and thats ok?

Only 9 IPs and still fall to the bait.

>Let Arios go free
>But they don't let Dieter go free despite being a victim

muh power of friendship though

>145 cm
>roughly 40kg
imagine

>we're now going through threads in less than 24 hours
Whew lads

I love Fie's midriff

But the consequence is that we talk about Trails all day

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Thanks man I needed that

Where the fuck is my cs3 trailer, FALCOM!?

*puts Crossbell on my dick*

my.mixtape.moe/xycsvj.webm

I really really want to lick Fran's toes

I like this post.

It just annoys me when people dismiss Cold Steel for being anime when Sky had a metric shit ton of anime moments.

>Implying that anyone who uses anime as an insult actually watches anime

Crossbell is just as anime tbqh

This is Alisa. Everybody is asking about her close relationship with Instructor Rean. Say something nice about her.

Modern anime is worse than 90s and 00s anime.

Found the blind nostalgiafaggot.

She has great tits

You're in the general where people use "weeb" as an insult. What exactly do you expect?

Is there anyway to level master quartz faster? CS I.

It's usually people using anime as shorthand for Cold Steel's faults. We've discussed how bad CS is for so long that it's easier to just call it anime than rehash the same arguments again and again.

This, the only actually good trails games are Third, Zero and Ao

It just annoys me when people use the well x is bad so that somehow justifies y being bad too argument.

The problem isn't that CS is anime, it's that CS is shit.

Oh shit anime games are anime. Quick get the press.

Purposely neglect some character so they gain more exp than usual.

I always find it funny how much falcom stepped up their titty games from Zero forward. Pretty much everyone besides Schera and Lucciola were flat as a pancake.

Excuse you.

>"weeb" as an insult.
It is an insult. In its original meaning, that is.
At this point where it just means "anything to be related to Japan" though, not really.

They probably wanted a fresh start after the mediocrity that was sky

She's a special case. Someone needs to stay small and cute. Or maybe she's just not drinking enough water.

Falcom were retards that didn't believe in sex appeal or good character design. Luckily they came around.

This is why I hate Trails-onlies.

I remember Falcom hide H pic in one of their earlier games.

Not sure who's serious and who's shitposting in this thread at the moment lads.

They're just japanese media cliche 101. I don't get why they're labeled anime games in the first place.

Evo sure changed some things

>using anime as a derogatory term in a niche JRPG general

They actually made her cute instead of a violent manwoman, god bless chara ani.

Hey, stop that.

Go back to sleep, sexdoll.

I don't watch or even care about anime or other Japanese shitty games. Trails is the only good thing that shithole of a country has produced but they are ruining with CS. 3 will be shit as well.

Well, that's the nature of Veeky Forums. It's just a board to discuss about how much you hate a specific group of games

Its the nature of new and popular Veeky Forums generals, once a general mellows out it gets good. We are firmly in the /v/ and underageds portion of a generals life.

>once a general mellows out it gets good
Tell me you're joking, user

The ahoge is dumb. I know she's dumb but it makes her look even dumber.

Once a general lives long enough it becomes even shittier than it was before.

Stop what?

I'm not, theres plenty of older quieter generals that are actually good, young generals are just always shit because they're /v/ instead of having their own culture.

>Randy admits to slaughtering hundreds of civilians and torching dozens of villages
>Gets off scott-free because he felt based about it, and everyone is cool with it because it's in the past

Why wouldn't this work for Crow?

I've yet to see one old general that's good. They're full of shitposting, drama, tripfags attention whoring, erp and so on.

>once a general mellows out it gets good
Look at the long lived generals and they've all descended into autism, tripfags, drama, and shitposting.

Who said it wouldn't?
He died before they could say anything.

Its only the really old generals with little to no new content like /ksg/ that devolve into that. Generals with an established culture but new content are far better than new ones which are just /v/.

You also get generals like /xivg/ where all the game discussion got drowned out by ERP/Avatarfagging garbage and everyone who wanted to discuss the game left. That happens to most MMO generals really but /xivg/ is bad enough that there have been daily stealth generals on /v/ disguised as shitposting threads for months.

>vita is still getting games
>go to vitagen
>talk about a game that's also on another platform alongside Vita
>get called a traitor, fag, etc. for playing such a game
>port of a vita game gets announced
>everyone goes apeshit
>want to talk about some vidya
>usually ignored because anons are busy posting anime girls and pretend that they're them

>73 uniques in under 3 hours
Falls into the popular general category, popular and new generals are shit as I said earlier. The good ones are the /civ4xg/ style ones that aren't popular enough to be /v/ and have enough content to avoid /ksg/ing.

Although you could probably change it to any general with anime girls is shit in some way.

The only general that is slightly ok is /vn/ imo. They're getting new VNs all the time, but they're pretty autistic as well at times. There's shitposting, drama, e-celeb posting and other things.

Don't even bring up vitagen

Vitagen is hostile to everyone even Playstation owners they were wholeheartedly convinced CS was a vita exclusive.

It all depends on what kind of drama you want to pull so they could find a way to make Crow work. But your comparison is inherently bad cause Randy didn't just feel bad about it. He spent 2 games trying to deal with it and even run away cause he was worried he'd end up forgiving himself if he spent more time with the sss and someone like him definitely doesn't deserve that. He was never designated as the antagonist who genuinely thinks some of his actions are justified.

Ao anons, should I bother reading Hidamari no Agnes? My moonspeak is decent, but not fluent, so I was thinking of passing on this book series if they're not somehow relevant to the plot.

I think some user said it's a foreshadowing on Hexen clan.

You could help translating it.

Reminder that Laura is playing with fire if she tries to compete too hard with Rean

Theres good generals for western games and genres. Japanese game generals having a tendency to be shit might be related to the audience.

How did they amass such amount of autism in one place? I know there's some obsessive people out there, but for a system where most people poke fun of at the lack of games or exclusives?

Here, first read this: site.douban.com/120173/widget/notes/13956519/note/311108897/

And if you're still uncertain, read this next: site.douban.com/120173/widget/notes/13956519/note/311109019/

I see. Thanks, in this case I should check it out after all.

Does this mean there's already a translation in the works?

>but for a system where most people poke fun of at the lack of games or exclusives?
That's probably one of the reasons. Though I dunno what they expected, all Playstation consoles/handhelds get made fun of and people usually shit on them for at least the first few years after they come out. It's literally a safe space for them at this point. Their general was on the verge of death several times, dunno if they're more alive now. Some anons were talking how /vitagen/ is the only place where they talk with others, where they can express their feelings, where they feel safe and so on.

That's pretty pathetic.

Sounds like it went the /ksg/ route

Rean is a handsome man.

My heart

We told you it'd be worth the payoff in the end.

What the fuck happened to this place. I'm only here for the falcom discussion anyways. Thank God for that.