The current state of Tesla

>The current state of Tesla
>sheet metal so thin in just peals off
wow
o
w

Just wondering OP, are you retarded or just making a bait thread? Because I legitimately can't tell.

both im australian

Go to bed, school's early and you don't want to miss the bus again, sweetie

That's a shame, I actually like Australians too.
>being a sweetie poster

im 27
ye cuuuuuuuuunt

The legitimate answer to your thread though is I'm pretty sure Tesla intended for the sheet metal to be like that, it makes it more lightweight and also with heavier sheet metals, you cant make crumple zones which can save your life.

fuck crumple zones and cars weighing 4000-5000

Shitty picture, but it looks like he's just peeling paint off

Its fucking aluminum you retards.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So what do you want? And nice quads

daily reminder that the tesla 3 would take 20 years to surpass the cost of a prius c + gas even if you live in the PNW where gas is most expensive vs living somewhere that had the cheapest electricity

Serves them right, they trusted tech media

Upvote

>15 posts
>7 IPs

Someone show this to the DOT. Digits don't lie.

Daily reminder that you can do this on probably every modern car

SHAME!!!

>the absolute state of american manufacturing from domestics brands
so you be saying *smacks pink lips*
that CHAINA *gets another coat of orange tan*
took yer jobs?

dude. even I know it's friday in aus

>sheet metal so thin
Nice car made in China. It hit a bicycle.

Why do you want thick sheet metal?

This. Sheet metal thickness doesn't do fuck all for safety. Nowadays it's galvanised and also coated in a very thin layer of plastic to stop rust. The important bits (crash bars) are strong; the bodywork doesn't have to be.

Why don't you just make it out of plastic at this point? It would be more resistant to those tiny bumps that will dent your panels. The plastic will crack with enough force but you can replace it for cheaply.

It does feel cheap and that is really the only reason it isn't used.

Thin sheet metal is crap because it dents too easily and is expensive to fix. If they wanted to pretend they were building a luxury car they should have gone with carbon fiber.

Prius c and the model 3 are far from similar cars though

That guy who designed the mclaren F1 has a company, iStream I think, which will make CF production easier and cheaper. I can't wait for every shitbox to have a CF monocoque, that'll be some serious weight reduction

GT2RS with CF tub repeating stefan bellofs record when?

>fuck crumple zones and cars weighing 4000-5000
>while talking a electric, heavy as fuck, iphone controlled piece of shit tesla

>Why don't you just make it out of plastic at this point? It would be more resistant to those tiny bumps that will dent your panels.
That is why bumpers are made out of plastic.
I would also like fiber glass reinforced injection molded body panels, but in most cars the serve a structural funktion.
> If they wanted to pretend they were building a luxury car they should have gone with carbon fiber.
Carbon fiber parts production can not be automatised so far, but aluminium sheet metal can.

is it functional?

Do aussies not go to school on fridays or something?

Imagine being such a fucking terrible company

i literally cant
im a neet
wtf did u mean by this?

EV cars will always be heavy because batteries