Please talk me out of buying a RX-8 as my first daily driver (I work full time but I'm a student)

Please talk me out of buying a RX-8 as my first daily driver (I work full time but I'm a student)

Hope you have rich parents

It WILL break

My nigga, stop, get some other 4 roadster that isn't rotary, than return when you have space and time for a project car.
.t ex rx-8 Owner

4k roadster **

don't get a series 1 and always premix

If you're going to buy an RX-8, don't cheap out on one
Buy one that you know has either been taken care of properly or been rebuilt recently, and if you learn to take care of it yourself it shouldn't be that big of an issue
If however you buy a cheap RX-8 it WILL break on you almost guaranteed.

They're fine as long as you fix them.

If you dont mind working on it you will be fine

You have no time to do the maintenance before it self destructs

>bad engine in a bad car

It's an absolutely superb sports car, despite being a bit down on power it is amazing fun in the corners. As a daily however, you will notice one massive downside, and that is fuel economy. I get 20mpg at absolute best dailying mine, admittedly with a bit of lead foot. However, that goes naturally with owning one, as giving it a good bit of hooning each drive keeps the engine lasting much longer.

As far as buying one, you have two options: spend 6-8k+ on a 2006 or later, or spend well under 2k on one with a known dead engine and fix it up for 3-4. If you're mechanically inclined, replacing a dead engine is much cheaper and will end up with a far better end result, but replacing an engine is not for everyone.

One you have one if you do buy it, don't be lazy and dumb. Read read read, learn how to take care of it. Then set a maintenance schedule and stick to it. With any RX-8 you buy, replace the basics unless there's a service history that shows these as being new : full ignition system, oil change, coolant flush, trans and diff oil, and brake fluid. Do an inspection of all parts that tend to wear and replace anything that isn't in excellent shape, such as radiator hoses and serpentine belts. A simple failure of a small and inexpensive part can very quickly toast a renesis.

Preventative maintenance includes driving it like a racecar whenever you get the chance, premixing 2 stroke oil, and cruising over 3,000 rpm, among other things. Owning one of these cars is all about caring for it, but if you take care of it you will be rewarded with amazing driving dynamics and a smile on your face whenever you go for a drive.

ls swap is the natural order of things because the small block Chevy is the only useful thing that GM has ever done.

They basically can't build a chassis and lean on big wangs and alien jizz suspensions from Delphi.

>REEEEEEnesis engine
It won't be a daily because you'll be spending a lot of time fixing it.

>work full time but im a student

Worst case, you will be able to afford it fixing it 100% unless you are mentally handicapped and buy a broken down car/ a renesis with apex seals on the verge of sliding into the exhaust manifold. Do a compression test, don't be retarded, pre-mix, shift at high rpms, and you'll be fine.

>in other words, have never owned a rotary

exactly

when you buy an RX8, you WILL NEED to repair it. It will cost around the same price you paid to buy the damn car
You can reduce the price by fixing it yourself but you are a full time worker and a student and you wont have any leftover time to actually fix the car

Daily-ing a 10 year old car with a rotary engine is just asking for trouble.
Dont even consider dailying a rotary car

You can get a decent BMW 3 series for about the same price. Then you get a comfortable car, designed for people taller than 5'5", brand recognition from girls, and if you get a 325 or bigger, close to the same power from the engine. No suicide doors, 5 seats, 4 doors and a roomy boot (Or hatchback)

Save the rotary for when you have enough cash stashed away for the engine rebuild. Or if the RX9 ever becomes a thing.

Just have enough saved up to rebuild the engine at least once, better yet to have a spare fresh engine waiting in your garage. Once they get close to 100k miles they are a ticking time-bomb.

Maintenance pic related

The RX8 is a fantastic chassis, the only "bad" part is the engine (if you are retarded)

>I4 torque
>V6 power
>V8 fuel economy
>V12 reliability (by normie standards)

Do it. You'll have fun while it running and it will be funny for everyone else when it blows up. Win win desu

Buying a RX8 won't grant you magical dorifto powers.
I predict that you crash within 1 month.

standardized oil slick dispenser

no
buy a reliable sports car instead, then get an RX7 when you're not a student
if you go rotarymeme, go fucking balls deep, dont pussyfoot around with the rx8