How does Veeky Forums feel about gran tour this season?

how does Veeky Forums feel about gran tour this season?

so far thru 8 episodes i really like it, feels like the pace is great and no bad segments

i havent bothered watching BBC top gear because it was cringy, have they started their 2nd season since firing that fag with the black rim glasses?

they said they were going to hire that guy from friends as full time but he was cringy and boring too, it seemed more like the US top gear on history channel

are they still going or has BBC canceled the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!tiZW1TyB!b_101-I09EEPXJvW6EV4aj6BkmyNDhKzhN7tW_sKAAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chris harris segments are pretty much the only ones worth watching.
kinda hate them for killing the chris harris on cars youtube channel.

just finished the farmkhana episode, holy shit was that great, also loved them pissing on the fans with the croatia episode and not pre-planning anything

overall it seems just much better than even their BBC show was, faster pacing, wanting more, i remember season 1 not feeling that way as much, probably cause of the multiple bad segments with the fat american and the dead celebs

The first three episodes were kind of crap, especially the first one, but ep. 4 onwards has been really good. Jaaaags was the best overall episode so far, and the Lancia vs Audi film was the best segment. Celeb F-off was a great idea, too.

When you see xer.

Also, here's the newest episode (S02E09) in 1080p:

mega.nz/#!tiZW1TyB!b_101-I09EEPXJvW6EV4aj6BkmyNDhKzhN7tW_sKAAk

I like it.
Big improvement over the 1st season.
Still, i don't like the eboladrome as a track.

i was gonna ask how do they film these shows, including back when they were at BBC?

any britcucks can tell us?

cause hey clearly film it months after the filmed episodes, do they just do it all in 1 go or what?

I wouldn't subscribe to anything, but I would totally pay $5 every so often to download the next installment of James May taking 20 minutes to present cooking something pedestrian in his backup kitchen.

Everything in the studio/tent is done week to week on the BBC show, and I think it's the same for Grand Tour. Grand Tour in particular, they make reference to Hamster crashing months ago when he took that supercar with him in the rally bit ("everyone knows what happened").

I've been thinking about watching his standalone shows, are they really that good?

The creature's dressed like Dr. Evil.

I haven't watched any commercial ones other than segments of like building a big erector set bridge with children or riding in a plane that goes high enough that the sky turns black. Those seem pretty neat.

But the cooking stuff I'm referring to he uploaded gratis to youtube after getting sacked from top gear. It's that kind of small ray of brilliance you get out of a bored old man who can't stop doing what he does with his life.

James May the reassembler is such a relaxing show. Watch it if you have a chance, several episodes are on YouTube

And the thing that's brilliant about his YouTube bits is it's so intimate, like the video equivalent of talk radio. It's almost entirely unedited, just him doing something simple and pointless roughly in more or less a single take and all off the cuff and whatever comes to mind to say because he has nothing better to do.

Picked the fuck up. Grabbing his series on wine, too, I guess.

The wine one is pretty good. Good balance of BBC production and letting the hosts ham it up a bit.

but hammond got in an accident week one, so they must have been delayed, they even mentioned it in the tent, but hes not disabled in every film which is weird

i still have no FUCKING idea what he was doing, he had finished the race an just kept going straight

remember when they did that live stream with legos after being fired and they were all drunk

Celebrity face off is bad.

And he kept on the throttle, too. I wonder if he just blacked out?

That's likely.

the erie shit was when they told him just prior that he was expected to set the lap record at the event and he said on camera he was super nervous and even looked tense in the clips, having known ahead of time what happened it made it really seem like it may been what messed him up

I think it's just way too long. If they cut it's length in half it would be better

The magic was okay though. But not every guest is going to be that fun.

He seems to be rattled, as he didn't do any of the dangerous stuff in the last few episodes.

The celebrity shit is boring and I don't believe anyone cares about it. The rest of the show is great. The dune buggy special was really cool. Fucking sand dunes over 1000ft and then going down them without brakes. I do wish that the celebrity shit was just one person and the conversation street was longer.

Depends on the celebrities. The latest one was great with Penn and Teller and the other guy's tricks were pretty good as well.

When did that one come out?

Today.

Looks like I have something else to watch today then.

Lancia vs Audi episode was really nice actually, last episode with Penn and Teller was great too.

One thing I do miss from Top Gear is when they had competitions or even the challenges where they sort of worked together.

They still have this to a degree but its usually only a short segment and not really the theme of the show. I think they should double the episodes to two hours and then make a full hour of it the challenges.
But then again they have to appeal to normies with a 10 second attention span who don't have any idea who these guys are or their history with Top Gear.

Its only been improving though, the first top gear episodes weren't nearly as good as the first Grand Tour episodes have been so far.

>Lancia vs Audi episode was really nice actually
This. That one was fucking amazing.

I think it's just because we're so used to the Top Gear circuit. Plus they kinda forced meme'y corner names meanwhile you had corners like Gambon on the Top Gear circuit, where Michael Gambon nearly flipped the Liana. But I agree that the track itself lacks the character of the airfield.

>star in a car which was on for 20 fucking years isnt working

yeah bud, its a shame they didnt realize this 20 years ago

they clearly read feedback and make changes based on it, maybe they're much more upfront about it on amazon by literally saying it on camera but they do

god, there better be a series 3 of that

I just finished the first season. I like it quite a bit. Feels a lot like the Top Gear they wanted without the BBC shoving some brakes on it.

>liked the first season

lol okay

they literally name all the shit wrong with it in the first 2 episodes

During the interview where dynamo calls that guy with the green hair a lady. I lost my shit.

It's too supercar-y, but you could say the same for the later seasons of top gear as well so thats no surprise.
Looking forward to the special, it was gonna be car/bike/truck right?

fucking communist

I hope they have an offroad segment

bump

So are the tent segments filmed a week or two before they air? I was surprised when they brought up the Mclaren senna because that was just recently announced

So have you seen the 300SD episode yet?

The way they did it back on Top Gear was they'd record on wednesday and air on sunday, so they likely do a similar schedule even now.

considering hammond leg wasnt broken and was healthy they must have been months later

where is bex?

The first guy's trick was way too simple, even telegraphed how he pulled the slip with the organization of the numbers on paper. Certain numbers tell which region to pull from, and then the final set tells you exactly which one to bring out. Not really impressive to me.

Penn and Teller's was great in my mind, but I was also distracted by Teller screaming in the car.

t. autismo

Boat segment was a bit too long, and I don't even remember the cars they brought out because of it to be quite honest with you. They really seem to be stretching content, and with this latest episiode in particular Jezza looks very, very old and disheveled.

And, yeah, the dune buggy special was tops.