I learned to drive a manual about 2 years ago and now any automatic is simply unsufferable to me...

I learned to drive a manual about 2 years ago and now any automatic is simply unsufferable to me. I dont vocalize it or anything but am i the only one?

i just hate having something choose how i shift its just annoying. i even got a MK8 and that has a very good auto and i still hate it.

any suggested fixes?

buy a manual car.

>am i the only one?
You know you're not.

>He only learned to drive Manuel 2 years ago

Also stop being a pretentious faggot

my daily is one, dispite the fact its a measly 130HP jetta, that 40MPG tho

So far, the Alison T-5 is the only auto I've ever enjoyed. Can't fucking stand the rest.

Im 18 yo haha not alot of years to have
alot of my friends know how to drive one and enjoy it yet enjoy their autos alot, i just cant love an auto.

>i just cant love an auto.
Okay. Why did you make this thread?

wanna know if anyone else has fixed this mindset.

there is nothing to fix

Yes, it's called growing up

Everyone that enjoys driving manuals hates driving automatics, even if we must to save money on gas so we can drive our manual cars.

idk what the hell the problem is here op.

depends on the auto and the speeds you go.

my mkII supra's shift points were annoying as fuck
my falcon auII were okay
my mum and dads kia is good.

I enjoy manual but automatic is fine man. Especially when most automatics have a proper rev-matching manual gear select mode. I only ever really need it to hold gear or downshift sooner to engine brake.

I'm sorry you're so old and decrepit that you have to issue out your pain and suffering on the youth.

I take solace in the fact with the way the economy is going you'll never afford to buy a house

haha yeah i know but there are some interesting cars that are impossible to get in a manual but i still want them. i dont have the time nor money to do a swap either.
tru haha
refer to first response
kia-good, actually i cant talk shit ive drove some ass cars, but i see what your saying
i hate auto-manual, you shift then it goes into the next gear some time next month
yall need to step outside plz

p.s. sorry for the response dump, watching road rage compilations

But senpai I don't want to buy a house or even inherit the ones coming my way.

but for instance the plymouth prowler (i know its an unpopular opinion but its just a car crush) that car is interesting as hell and looks like nothing on the road, but seriously?? a fucking 4 speed automatic is all you get??? kill me

Did that thing even have an engine? I used to see it sitting outside of dealerships just at the apex of GMX fail all painted in like fucking purple
>yeah I want the purple one
and it didn't even look like a racecar or whatever it was supposed to be

Let me guess: it had a v6 amirite? Never saw a single damn one on the street.

yeah the engine was nothing to write home about but the transmission is what really killed it, there have been v8 swaps with manuals and they are godly

Yeah, growing up and just not driving automatic transmissions. They are genuinely boring and a big contributor to driver distraction and the bane of all traffic: sluggish acceleration and braking

Manual driver: Can't be assed to short shift, is bothered by slowly revving up the engine, accelerates fairly promptly but not unsafely
Auto driver: Holds it at 1/8th throttle and waits two minutes to reach the speed limit

Manual driver: Savage engine braking slows you down relatively quickly, slowly downshifting through all the gears is a pain, and coasting makes them nervous, so more likely to just pull the clutch in and stop a little later
Auto driver: Lets off the gas entirely and waits two minutes to drop 10mph

Auto is objectively worse in environments where not having direct control in some situations would be a disadvantage. In cities, though, it BTFO's manual in every way.

>downshifting 1 by 1
>not revshifting

You stupid, or just acting stupid?

It doesn't BTFO manual at all unless you have a pre-existing condition involving your leg and wrist/shoulder

>a car you would want to skip gears in:
>getting rolling
>okay gear
>hey this is a little too far away
>overdrive 1
>overdrive 2
>overdrive 3: electric boogaloo
>reverse

Nah

i still have a few automatics and a few manuals but i prefer auto now. form the time i was 19 to 25 i preferred manual but now i prefer full on auto

id just rather slap my Toyota Crown in drive and go. comfy ass shift points, fast in a straight line and no work involved. only way i still prefer manual is my 4x4 trucks in the snow

My dad was like that, but he eventually preferred manual because his car is a loud as fuck celica and he likes driving past people he doesn't like in first.

You can skip gears in virtually anything that isn't shit, so long as the revs are low enough and you don't go overboard like 3 > 1 at 6k like some stupid kid.

Buy a manual if you want a manual.

Slow acceleration and breaking is the key to consistent traffic flow. The negatives you stated for auto transmissions are actually positives if you are purely talking about traffic flow. Quick start and stop is what road raging normies do and end up slowing down traffic for everyone (including themselfs). Educate yourself. Search YouTube for the video about traffic by CGP Grey.

t. /n/fag
Don't get me wrong I still love manual transmissions and would take one over an auto any day, you just dont know shit about traffic flow

The key is truckerbros. Truckerbros know how to manage traffic flow so it keeps rolling instead of being Brittany's start-stop madness while she's putting on makeup and running facebook.

Okay listen up OP. People who get into cars nowadays browse auto forums like these where people rave on about manual driving and how it's superior for driving. They would be right.
But you have to understand the majority of people are NEETs/teenagers learning to drive for the first time, so they didn't grow up with manuals which are old and boring for most old people.
Boomers don't appreciate manuals because they grew up with them and then the technological innovation of automatic transmissions become commonplace. The same way that you don't appreciate a PDA from the 2000's because now we have iPhones and Androids.
So while it's all well and good to glorify manual because it is a lot of fun, you cement the mindset of "driving always has to be fun," which is why you hate automatics so much.
When you mature and get into the workplace, you will begin to appreciate the value of slopping down into an automatic and 0 brainpowering your way home after a bad day, but will also enjoy having a weekend car like a manual mustang.
When you get even more mature, you'll just buy a DCT paddle shifter merc or something which offers you luxury and fun, best of both worlds.

>not tearing it up after a bad day
Why don't you chop your nuts off next time somebody leaves the coffee machine on and you have to sneak a cup from the other floor?

I'd prefer to fuck my wife, I'll leave the toge/track/whatever for when I'm already feeling euphoric.

I'm sure you must be quite virile after slopping it home in your automatic and misery.

Can't agree more, I drive a un-synchronized transmission for 12 hours a day. Pressing a clutch pedal to shift every gear just sucks

You seem quite obsessed with testicles and testosterone.
Mad respect my friend.

I'm sorry you're old and your junk doesn't work anymore.

What an insightful video thanks. If everyone adopts self driving cars with radar cruise control, we may just see traffic improving.
>ad hominem
Well this argument is dead.

>cares more about adaptive self driving cars and traffic flow
ok foamer

I like to stay optimistic, but I admit that it will be ridiculously difficult to impose self driving cars on everyone, because of cost/technology/laws/fun and what have you.
But if we can make city traffic very efficient but keep fun driving as a hobby our roads will be a much more pleasant place.

Or we could stop intentionally importing millions of 3rd worlders beyond what we know the road capacity to be so that we can make traffic so miserable that people beg for "solution"

Or, you know, we could just identify the UN plants on our respective city councils and go get arrested for pointing them out during town hall meetings.

I don't disagree, but in terms of outlandish ideas, I think widespread adoption of self driving cars are a lot more realistic than putting a stop to the fall of the west.

They're one and the same.

>any suggested fixes?
Yeah, stop being a fucking autistic piece of shit.

>hurr durr muh manual, muh driving experience
Come off it, tismo.

Sure, but the question was, "which will solve the traffic issue?" to which the answer was either deport shitskins or make self driving cars commonplace, and the populace is a lot more resistant to "cruelty" than saving the environment.
Lawmaking is so often a compromise from the ideal. You would need a dictatorship to well and truly solve the issue.

Lawmaking is not a compromise. Lawmaking is about money paying useful idiots to impose proxy dictatorships. Where do you people get your ideas and why do you see fit to poison nice boards where where like like bantz about cars with them?

There is no cruelty in putting zombies to death.

>where where like like bantz about cars with them?
Did you sperg out?
I put cruelty in quotes for a reason. Anyway, the thread's shite, so might as well make it interesting.

This.
Get a real job not your corner store and you will find out that 1 hour of traffic in a manuèl car sucks.

It has nothing to do with saving the environment. We're talking about shifting vs. not shifting. You tell me who's sperging out.

Stay manual my tripsfag

This is why Veeky Forums needs flags. First explain to me how "where where like like" is an actual English construction. Then explain to me how, in a western democracy, you will convince the people to put to death all non-whites.
I've given my answer to the thread here This will turn out to be one of those 150+ replies "hurr durr manual" threads anyway, so what's the problem?

I didn't say to put non-whites to death. Your extrapolations are schizophrenic.

>There is no cruelty in putting zombies to death.

Hijacking opehs thread.

I'm trying to learn manual, any suggestions for not dicking my clutch?

Are you some kind of racist assuming that zombies have to be foreigners? Don't mistake me for some kind of h8r. I was talking about UN operatives.

See if you can take off with out using the gas at all so that you're just idling down the road in order to learn where the bite point is. Then learn to hold it at that bite point while you're taking off so that the engine neither bogs nor surges.

Practice makes perfect. Smooth > fast. Once you can be smooth, then fast comes naturally.

>I dont vocalize it or anything

But you choose to start a thread about it?

So you have a manual car, but you still choose to complain about something that doesn't even apply to you?

That's very general. In terms of the basics, the clutch will wear anytime the pedal is anywhere in between fully pressed and fully depressed. Try to minimize the time you have the clutch partially engaged. A little slip in 1st gear is expected, but when changing gears in motion, release the clutch as quickly as you can at the correct RPM. Always rev match.
Once you have that down, you can worry about autistic minor things such as wearing out your throwout bearing by keeping the clutch pressed in for long periods of time.
Right. It's the impression I got. You will still have a tough time deporting them, cruelty takes many forms in the eyes of the people.

I did not suggest deporting. Attack the problem, not the symptom. Manipulation of the eyes of the people is part and parcel, and entirely secondary.

>lifting 6 months
>bench used to be higher than row (205 vs 185)
>row now rapidly passing bench while bench hasn't moved (235 vs 205)

Help me pls the only exercise I do for chest is benching what accessory work can I add for it? Also will flyes increase chest strength?

Fuck why am I still in this shitty thread

Manual is great and all, but atleast half of my driving time in a week is in traffic with lots of uphill.

After a few hours having to crawl, stop, crawl, stop over n over while going up a hill you really start craving an auto. Autos got their benefits, no point bashing them all the time.

Work your triceps moar