Ausfags! What do you think of the NG commodore?

Ausfags! What do you think of the NG commodore?

Been looking at photos of it for a whole year and I think it looks like an ALDI version of an AUDI lol.

AWD 230kw 9 speed auto.. Who are they trying to market this to. Trying to deny their bogan heritage.

It's literally a not-VW Passat.

nice Buick lmao

the fucks the point?
just buy a ve ss for 15k and spend 5-10k on sick mawds.

THAT'S NOT A BUICK?!

Then what is it?

What sort of power configs do these come in?

There's probably 5-10k in chrome work on that thing holy shit.

An Opel you cuck

That's a Vauxhall m8

Literally couldn't care less, Commodores haven't been relevant since the 80's.

A flop.
Not Aussie-made, so no favour with government fleet buyers.
Doesn't look like (and isn't) a Holden, so no brand-loyal buyers.
Really see it relegated to the ranks of kia and hyundai, with none of the reputation and all of the stigma.
It's basically another rebadged daewoo, a-la captiva, epica and barina. I wonder how much longer Holden will hold out as a brand?

>Doesn't look like (and isn't) a Holden, so no brand-loyal buyers.
Literally what all the fags were crying when the VB replaced the HZ.

>It's basically another rebadged daewoo, a-la captiva, epica and barina.
10,000% wrong.

The Bogans don't buy new cars, this Regal/Insignia is actually really nice and the people who buy cars new will buy them.

And the VB is known for being a turd with no redeeming qualities. Once again, Holden copies an Opel and tries to pass it off as one of its own. Just like the VB.

Kinda part of what I'm getting at. Late-model commodores are cheap, powerful and RWD. The VY is the current go-to cheap bogan chariot; how will these new opeldores fare in ten years? Will they appeal to careless fuckwits who want to do skids in industrial parks, or just lose all resale whatsoever and disappear like the hyundai getz?

The Regal wagon is competitive with a Legacy wagon, how do Legacy Wagons do with the Bogan crowd?

Just an FYI, you are getting the Camaro too.

This can't be real

That's what GM does best, there's also the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra/Chevy Cruze/Buick Verano

Hsv are going to convert some Camaro's but it's a kick in the dick ae don't even get a corvette or Cadillac

>Not Aussie-made, so no favour with government fleet buyers.

>imblying there are any Aussie made cars to compete with

Corvette is coming like 2021

I'm a poorfag so my opinion is irrelevant, but I hope it's good and gets a revised v8 version so that one day I can afford a used VF ssv

What's the fucking point? Just buy a vs ss and spend 25k on sick mawds

It's a literal transverse FWD shitbox, mate. No chance of a V8 version ever.

Isn't there a awd option?

Yeah, Haldex front-biased part-time """"AWD""""

Lmao. Literally no reason to buy this shitbox over a camry

Man that's a Chevy Malibu.

i saw the promotional video and its just the most boring uninspiring car made for middle aged council office workers with the added bonus of an engine with ridiculously expensive maintenance instead of the minimalist elegance of the ls1 and the proven gm v6

the problem with the aussie commodore was that it got so popular that the old ones got associated with poor people so the snobs started buying unreliable shit like VW as a way to virtue signal that they are rich

So? That's not a problem rich people have terrible taste in cars

Let them go buy open diff amgs with fake exhaust tips and suvs

It looks boring as hell and isn't Aussie in the slightest.

Why the fuck didn't/doesn't Holden make a sweet ass I4 rdw 2door coupe. I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Because GM subsidiaries in Europe and America don't make anything like that, California and Europe don't like V8's, so neither does gm. Holden is just a badge they put on a slightly reworked bumper, god help you your drop bear Pontiac now.

It hurts to read that

it is a problem because they stopped making them, Australia used to make skylines too

Source? I have never heard of this desu

>alloyshit
>proven to be anything other than shit

even worse is at lest in the past they would give each re brand its own front bumper and side skirts

>which means that they'll just get bimmers in cos they're better in every way imaginable

Absolutely fucking disgraceful no na v8 rwd? Why even call it a fucking Commodore. Peter Brock is rolling in his grave. Why the fuck did they make a car that can’t compete in the v8 supercars? Fucking hell I’m mad, gonna go do burn out in my vk ls1 in the lot of my local dealer

V8 supercars is dead.

And they probably will use it for Supercars, once they move to turbo V6's. It's a silhouette category after all.

And since Opel is no longer GM, next generation will be rebadged Daewoo.

What did he mean by this?

NG Commo is a rebadged Opel Insignia and because GM sold Opel to PSA(Peugeot and Citroen) last year, next Commo will most likely be based on the other GM "import-like" marquee. Chevrolet Spark, Getz, Cruze are originally Daewoos(a korean company that GM bought few years back).

Pics? My LS1 is dank ignore the fake slide threads that ain't me.

It's very likely that GM is going to start axing the Malibu, Impala and Regal sedans. They sit on dealer lots for a long time and GM barely makes any profit on them. Sedan sales are down and the only sedans that GM makes actual profit on are more expensive RWD models like the bigger high margin Cadillac sedans like the CTS and CT6 which still sit on lots for a long time.

I have a feeling this means that soon, the only sedans GM will offer will be pricier performance sedans. Which is cool in a way, as it means the next gen Commodore might be Cadillac based, but it means it will likely be substantially more expensive. Cadillac and Holden have shared platforms before so it's not totally unlikely.

That part was a shitpost, I’m sorry I shitpost when I’m mad

>going down in style

To be fair those had a transverse straight six.

For some reason the Astra was the 2nd best selling car of December so they may be turning a corner in terms of sales. Shame, I wouldn't mind a VF SS but every dumb fuck is gonna think they worth a billion dollarydoos because "last of V8s durrr"

I think I hate myself because I don't think it looks awful when people do this to VTs

They stopped R&D on the Daewoos and they just use Opel platforms. I know what he ultimately meant, but the information is wrong.

It's ok larping as a commodore owner is top tier become one of us

So why the fuck did GM sell off their main source of FWD volume seller shitbox platforms?

Because it is probably not profitable.

GM deserves to crash and burn for what they did with Saab anyway

This is true, although they retained the rights to the Insignia platform for this generation. Both PSA and GM will sell versions of it.