/scg/edg/scedge/ Scam Shitizen Erectile Dysfunction General #189

Hubba hubba edition

inb4 why did you bring it back

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8 [embread]

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

"3.0 Is not late, nor is it early. It will come precisely when it means to." -Chris Roberts in a black turtleneck at nondescript studio location

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Notice: Ace Attorney avatarfag is not welcome here

ded thread

Neat, I hadn't seen that Cherie boobs yet.

BEHOLD...

The Rack

If Gamescom features a functioning Star System say Stanton or one of the others with all the planets and their work in progress Cities and a Star at the center would that return the hype do you think?
If Citizencon has SQ42 functioning with a release schedule would that make people happy?

... coming in an update some time 2020.
neat cloud bridge thou'.

>functioning star system
>CIG struggling to get shit done on time
>GaymesCon little over a week from now
Boredgaymer you should just stick with the JewTube parrot-talk and chug 'em cancer pillz.

He looks like an autistic boy george.

Well he is on 'em anti depressants, looks like a fucking cancer patient and is so positive about everything and anything, although that might be as a result with all 'em happy daffy pills.

delayed for October cuntfirmed??
Gief sauce :

If we are going to keep dropping off after 10 post you might want to put NMS in the op, I doubt anyone wants to talk about it but with the recent update it might be enough to keep us alive.

If they have all that functioning at Gamescom and still don't have a 3.0 release, I'm getting my money back. They can make all the cutscenes and prerenders with someone else's money if they aren't going to deliver anything playable. Fuck this open development lie.

Bleh doesn't say October, I for one think they'll (((delay))) 3.0 for late December to the last minute where they're closing up shop for their fat winter vacation.
I also believe that even THEN after a WHOLE YEAR of (((delays))) 3.0 will still be a buggy mess which won't see any actual fixes for 6 months MINIMUM.
Then again Imma be busy in that time period so I guess I'll 'manage' but not sure if the project as a whole will.

How will cultists rationalize away Chris getting booed on stage when he announces that 3.0 still isn't ready and they don't have any SQ42 footage yet?

Reminder to just play Oolite for free

>Chris getting booed on stage
That will never happen and you know it.

Is anyone going to gamescom? I heard you can play 2.6.3 right from the show floor.

Reminder that No Man's Sky is on sale and is actually delivering on all the promises Star Citizen failed to keep.

Yeah and they have a team of like, what, less than 20 people. At least they are steadily progressing to catch up with all the talk they accidentally spilled out. This is actually testament to the fact they were forced to release the game before it was ready. But what does Chris do? Nothing but telling more lies.

Yea I'm getting into it it's pretty chill. Not a fan of how your pitch and YAW can get stuck though. You need to turn the opposite direction to slow it down instead of just cantering.

Also once I get my hyperspace stuff ready to go can I just skip the campaign and do missions/fighting/exploration etc?

Happened at Citizencon when they announced no SQ42 was quite audible in the videos.

I don't get why companies like Hello and Zero Gravity can show steady progress and actually get features in their games while CIG has more resources than both of them combined and still can't get a bare featured base model of the game they want to make out.

>Also once I get my hyperspace stuff ready to go can I just skip the campaign and do missions/fighting/exploration etc?

Yes

Because CIG are scammers and the other devs are actually trying to make games.

>Yea I'm getting into it it's pretty chill

I bought it on sale and it's really quite a relaxing and pretty game. Not boring like Elite and not a glorified tech demo like Star Citizen.

Why doesn't it have general?

Didnt deliver on expectations and it died after release due to negative reviews.

that's an odd way to nickname the Carrie but i respect your misguided opinion :^)

check out my Herrie

I could only ask this because it's an user board, but do you get hopelessly lost and lose your ship?
I like chill survival and mining, but not if I lose my camp or whatever like every other game.
>set up camp
>go looking for supplies
>forget where camp is after a few turns
>repeat from top
The only reason I can play Astroneer is the tethers always lead back to the pod.
Is NMS idiot proof enough for me?

Also, you're probably in the general. We could let the thread die and say fuck CIG and their (((ship sales))), only released mmo space games allowed.

they'll shut the fuck up real quick when that highly controlled cinematic mode trailer and then solo, non-netcode driven gameplay demo comes on screen and start rubbing their rock hard little nippies

>but do you get hopelessly lost and lose your ship?

Nope. It's always on the radar and this new patch has a ship summon button.

And then it's over 12 minutes later with no SQ42 and turns out it's just a Miles Eckhart2.0 demo. There is no applause. Everyone just gets up and leaves.

might as well integrate NMS, i don't think anyone is going to complain about a 3rd source of posters keeping the thread from dying.

but if you're on some high horse about your indie game barely surviving the mortal social media wounds it sustained from ACTUALLY lying their asses off, you can fuck off to /PS4G/ or reddit

>might as well integrate NMS

Agreed. No reason to keep it out. People play it and it's a space game. Good enough for me.

not sure how long they can keep inserting the HYPE IV and not releasing the patch. theres a point where people arent going to just see some sick game footage and forget about how they can't play it over and over.

gimme my steak dinner and let me leave the hospital, or kindly pull the plug plz

>It's always on the radar and this new patch has a ship summon button.
All right fuck it. I'm in. I don't want the bad vibes from torrenting it, so I threw them fuckers some money.
For some reason, I implicitly trust the opinions of a few anons more than the thousands of names out there with something to sell.
So, let it die, then /edg/nms/ ?
Seriously, fuck CIG and their threadkilling lies. /scg/ if 3.0, which probably means never.

>Seriously, fuck CIG and their threadkilling lies.

Amen

Why is the world full of so many people who willingly choose to be retarded

If /edg/ wants to fuck off with /nms/ and leech of a new host thats fine. We've been planning to separate the general at the launch of 3.0 anyway.

no three game general though thats just cancer.

suits me.
/scg/ can just stay dead for all I care.

in NMS, do the people flying over my starting point mean anything?

Could just go with /ssg/ - Space Sim General and include /edg/ /scg/ /nms/ in the op. These games alone don't sustain traffic for their own threads yet

>yet.
and fuck no with space sim general. We've been over this again and again, two games shits up a thread enough, three makes it unreadable for any coherent of meaningful discussion/question or whatever. Multigame threads are just circle jerks of in jokes, rivalry and memes.

E:D is a dead game, NMS is a Stillborn game, neither will ever be anything. SC will eventually be a game, it's still in its dev cycle, E:D and NMS are through theirs and will never be anything more than what they are.

>still has hope

Lol.
I'm thinking of getting nms guys, is it actually OK now? How does it run on pc?

Reminder that No Man's Sky have minimalist gameplay, no physic engine, no depth at all over its 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets with nonsensical random generation, to the point that any shitty fetch quest count as an improvement.

>Zero Gravity
HELLION aren't building the foundation for enormous destructible spaceship battle between 64+ players simultaneously, they won't have planets, fauna/flora/atmosphere, enormous cities, ground vehicle, thousand of NPC (one of the most difficult things to program), a large scale economy, spaceships for several distinct gameplay like racing or hacking, they won't have 5 alien species and care much less about animation, mocap or fidelity.

Making regular demos slow down development and indy game only get away with it because their entire game require less features to work together than SC do for a mining ship. The smaller fanbase is amazed when HELLION can publish a 90s tier gameplay in a creative way.
But CIG have to deals with thousands of retards who don't know how much work is needed for them to facesit on another player.

>I don't get why companies
Now I hope you do and avoid criticizing large companies for putting exponentially more work into their product than smaller companies.

You act like there is meaningful discussion in these threads anyhow.

Should just rename the general to Shitting in Space.

>in NMS, do the people flying over my starting point mean anything?

Nah it's kind of a cutscene.

>Reminder that No Man's Sky have minimalist gameplay, no physic engine, no depth at all over its 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets with nonsensical random generation, to the point that any shitty fetch quest count as an improvement.

I can tell you haven't played it recently because the patches have really elevated the game. There's all kinds of content now and it isn't easy to get bored.

I mean if people can continue to play ED they can play NMS. At least NMS isn't dull as watching paint dry from an art standpoint.

It's kinda cool though.
It does fine for me. Max settings and butter smooth, even on hard drive and not ssd
This is not the game everyone was memeing about. It took me 20 minutes to get off the starting planet which was a heat hazard, and almost died on the next planet which was radiation. I'm also naming my planets after neighborhood streets. It may not be super deep, but it has way more to offer than SC will for 2 more years. Either enjoy what is basically a new game, or keep looking at your schedule for reassurance.

>transparent gas planet

>All right fuck it. I'm in. I don't want the bad vibes from torrenting it, so I threw them fuckers some money.
for 20euros , I did it as well, after 1 more year, it could be a good game acutally.
What bothers me is the navigation system is completely shit, there is no planetary map. if you for example discover a landmark on a planet, can't you just select it as your new waypoint and fly over there?

on my i7 , gxt 960 I am struggiling with max 40 fps in low/borderless. - in comparison, I can play the witcher 3 on max with 50-60 fps
The optimalisation is completely batshit, it is sad.

>harmful rain on the canopy while you are sorting inventory for the first time.

Lost all hope for this general the moment NMS playing subhumans were allowed to post.

Uniteractive floating orb """multiplayer""" doesn't make a shit game good.

Lost all hope for this general the moment NMS playing subhumans were allowed to post.

Uniteractive floating orb """multiplayer""" doesn't make a shit game good.

I don't consider highly of E:D either. So my point still stand. ED have nothing to do on planet, and from playtester I trust, he like the game. But myself I'm only seeing very basic grind/craft.
It elevated a lot because it started very low.

Perhaps NMS could become amazing if the power of its procedural generation was used within a multi-feature gameplay. They have modular building, biological analysis, resources collection, vehicles, terraforming...
I'm not the only one thinking they can have you terraform an entire planet, create its fauna and flora. Taking it where SPORE was supposed to end up.
But it will take a lot of balance work, at best, maybe they needed the money to do that, but until then SC is definitively doing gameplay before proc gen content

>Either enjoy what is basically a new game, or keep looking at your schedule for reassurance.
You are entitled to your taste no matter what they are.
But it is stupid to believe all game are equal in scale and development effort. Little details can take a fucking lot of work.

btw, I'm looking forward SC dealing with environmental hazard even more. Dealing with oxygen is one things, adding suit fuel and dealing with stamina will up the ante. And thankfully they abandoned moving around by grabbing handles.

i5 with a 390. I'll be ok surely?

>posting the same post twice

Are you angry or waiting for SC or something?

Probably even worse, its CPU bottlenecked

People can't handle it.
>in a just a few short years, SC will have multiplayer and base building with your friends and then NMS won't be shit
Maybe, that's years away though. Hello is updating their game now, and they aren't even trying to lock out pirated copies.

/egg/ does perfectly fine and that general hosts like 90 ded games

dod

Played roughly 10 hours of NMS.

If you are like me and wanted to play it mostly from your ship, don't buy it or instantly refund.

The flying in this game is absolute dog shit regardless of what you use (k+m/controller/hotas).

I want to slide my dick between Cherie's tits while she tells me about lewd lore and fawns over my cock

you get Ben

Steam allowed unconditional refunds for NMS the week after release, what did you expect?

The content was alright and the missions had me interested.

But I hated it as soon as I got back in the ship.

NO

I'd pay good money for Cherie to lovingly jerk me off while I suck on her tits.

>hotas with fucking NMS

>autists wants split the thread again

NO

She loojs like she has Prussian genes. If you have an inverted nipple fetish its gunna get good.

MOMMY MILKY

>4 days of homeless santa playing 2.6 at the gamescom booth
!raffle

Yes, although you might want to do the questlines far enough to get a home base and an atlas pass card

>Oh no, other anons are having fun with a game I don't like.
>Better remind them that it is weeks not months now before SC is on top.

This, splitting the thread will just make both generals dead. Atleast this way it stays bumped with shitposts until something interesting happens.

They are going to call the 4 days of streaming off when 3.0 isn't ready right? They aren't going to unironically stream 2.6.3 for 4 days, are they?

>stopped playing ED a year ago
>left /scg/
>come back
>SCfags are STILL waiting for 3.0

what the fuck man

if you believe this shit is coming out ever you need to take prozac or some shit

>play it mostly from your ship
>hotas
o7 CMDR how are the kids?

A bunch of us jumped on NMS because it is actually being updated and is pretty good now. It's not the ship flying game, but it's pretty, plays well(for me, others listed trouble), and has at least enough to do that I'll still be playing when SC ever gets around to catching up to the end of 2016.

When they streamed last year they thought it was fine to spend like 2 hours straight each day just looking at the hangar.

>"build" prefab bases to store all those resources that you don't need
yeah it has loads to do

NMS is Minecraft in space except they forgot to add creativity to make it fun

So strange how there is so many people that are "just coming back" to see that 3.0 isn't out, yet the poster count stays relatively the same at the end of the threads.

Really jump-starts my jellybeans.

Why the fuck are there so many NMS shills in this thread? No one wants to play your shitty game.

>4 days of the developer streaming their own game years in the making
>less than 1000 views because it is 1.5 year old content.
Never said it was the end all spess game, but saying NMS is shit because you are waiting for SC is just spiting yourself.
It's not super great, but it's easily number 2 in actually released games and won't be knocked off by SC anytime soon.
>No one
You say that.

>easily number 2
>in actually released games
>NMS is all of the sudden a released "game"
Seriously? You are obviously shilling your heart out. I hope they are paying you.

This, NMS might actually be vaguely close to what they promised with the new update, but even that's up in the air.

The turning point was them showing that they are developing the multiplayer still. That was the reason I didn't buy it at launch. It isn't fully developed, and I wouldn't pay full price for it, but you're fucking retarded if you think $23 is too much for what you do get.
They didn't have to do any of this. Hello could have just moved on. SC has just been stalled for long enough that other companies are closing the gap, and actually playable today with full features. I didn't like NMS at first, but they delivered a pretty comfy experience and sold it at a good price.

>They didn't have to do any of this. Hello could have just moved on.
lol

>but you're fucking retarded if you think $23 is too much for what you do get
>oh it totally doesn't matter they already fucked a bunch of people out of 60
You are missing the point. By buying NMS you are just supporting shitty business practices that are like a tumor to the gaming industry. Fuck NMS, fuck the studio behind it and fuck anyone who supports that steaming pile of shit game.

>shitty business practices that are like a tumor to the gaming industry.
Like KS games that continue to sell jpegs without delivering a game, only they are going to make you think the game is about to be released until the sale is over, then delay the patch by months. Shitty practices like that?
If you know an actually virtuous company to do business with, post them. Neither Hello or CIG is even close to being saints, but that shit was $23.
SC expects us to reserve judgment until it is released and criticizes those who judge it now. NMS has already been judged and continues to be updated anyway. That should say something.

I can literally give a fuck less about CIG or Star Citizen. I was talking about how shitty NMS and Hello are and then you just come back with "Oh well CIG does it so that makes what Hello did with NMS ok". Plus, that logic doesn't even make sense. You can't even compare the two because one studio released a pile of shit as a full retail game, CIG releases piles of shit as "slices of the full PU" or as tech demos. CIG doesn't claim that their pile of shit is a full game.

>NMS has already been judged and continues to be updated anyway. That should say something.
Yea it says that Hello games is trying to save face after they blatantly took a shit on all their customers. They are hoping that the people who were super salty and loud about it at release got their first week refunds and are hoping people like you get tricked into believing their bullshit so they can make that money back.

>I can literally give a fuck less about CIG or Star Citizen
in /scg/
>CIG doesn't claim that their pile of shit is a full game
Let's hold up for a minute and consider how long both of these took to make. If Sony had backed CIG instead of Hello, SC would be the early release disaster that took a year to hit minimums for people to buy. NMS started a year after SC, and had to make their own engine. They did it with less than 20 people.
It's not fair to compare the two because CIG is getting btfo, and I'm a backer saying that.
We really got to lack self awareness to give CIG all this deference and keep a thread up for a dead game when a single trip to the movies will get you a full release with a 30 hour campaign expansion. That may sound like a shill, but it isn't. This echo chamber just makes new ideas sound funny.