Join me shills. Volksfag thread

Join me shills. Volksfag thread.

I saw a Mk7.5 R in the new green yesterday, got a nice chub going after that.

>inb4 *rattles intensify*

*gassing intensifies*

boy i sure do hate ethics today

>*rattles intensify*

why would they rattle when they make the best interior in class

GTI over Focus/Fiesta ST and why/ why not?

VW has the better interior buy far. They both preform within fractions of each other so it really comes down to build quality.

While their fitment, glue and fasteners may be sub-par, the materials used in the interior (especially at the lower price brackets) is top tier. I'll agree however that an Audi sharing the interior materials with a Golf isn't so appealing.

alright, how about fun factor?

I with you OP.

Saw one today and WANT. Not sure there;'s a better car out there for the money really. 310ps, AWD, and comfy and fuck.

The fords are decent cards, but they are cheap and nasty looking with their plasticy interiors and boy racer body styling.

There literally nothing wrong with gassing monkeys

At this point it's pretty much preference. I'll argue the 2017 Focus ST with the 2017 Golf GTI
>Similar if not identical...
weight, power, cargo room, interior space, exterior dimensions, mpg
>They're different because...
styling, handling, interior materials and amenities

When it comes to differences, I'll argue that the handling is better in the Focus ST and the styling is definitely more aggressive. The GTI however has better use of interior materials, better tech (don't shoot the messenger), and a comfier ride.

I chose the GTI because I wanted a fun car for commuting and long distance trips. The FoST might've gotten my pick if I wanted to autocross or take it to the track but the better infotainment and creature-comforts in the GTI beat it out.

The GTI is much more refined than the FIST/FOST.
The interior is miles ahead in the GTI. FIST/FOST have cheap plastic interiors and uncomfortable seats.

You could take your mother-in-law for a ride in your GTI and it wouldn't be a problem.

The GTI is the ultimate "I want a hot hatch but I also want a comfy daily driver that doesn't make me look like I'm 16 again."

Depends on the area you live. If you have a lot of B roads then fiesta st all day. Oddly enough I've driven all three. The fiesta is definitely the most agile of the three. But if your doing more open road stuff then gti. Don't get me wrong the gti and focus are still buckets of fun but don't kid yourself with the type of driving you do the most.

Sounds like it's the GTI then, thanks guys.

Electronic issues out the ass, parts are expensive, heavy, slow; why do people love them so much?
Here's my 1.8t. PO was a friend that always did the most gentle driving and anal maintenance/upkeep with it. Eventually the AC stopped working and it needed a clutch so I scooped it off him for $600 and replaced the clutch/flywheel. Even for $600 it feels lacking.

I own a shitbox Golf 4 I got from my dad a few days after I passed my driving test.
Was initially salty since I wanted to look and compare other cars and such but its alot of car for 1300 yuro, alot of space inside, somewhat comfy, very manual overall which I like. Also pretty practical and a well-built beater. Not much in terms of sportiness so Im not gonna bother modding it, Ill save up for a sportier car.

Anyone have any experience with apr tunes? Looking to get a stage 1 for my Polo GTI 6c. I’ve done 20k km so far so I figure that my car doesn’t have any manufacture faults so I should be in the clear with a stage 1

it's worth putting wider tires on your golf
19" on my mk5 rabbit are amazing

How’s the ride quality? Does the acceleration feel slower?

I just bought 2017 seat leon. Can I still join?

I know this is a circlejerk-y thread, but why does it seem like VW are the only ones capable of doing non-retarded interiors ?

the interior on my new beetle convertible is the comfiest I've had.

I wouldn't really say my Passat is comfy, but it's..normal. No retarded shapes, no pointless bulges, buttons and screen arranged rationally.

I know the higher passat trims only add a line of wood finish to the dash and leather seats. So even then the design stays subtle.

I dunno, comfy for me is just not feeling like I'm in some spaceship.

I just got a 2017 GTI Sport DSG, you will love it. Fantastic interior, comfy ride, best in class infotainment, and hauls major ass on track.

I upgraded the all season tires to Michelin Pilot Super sports, increased the width of the tire to 235/40R18 at the same time. Great results, and brought the low speed acceleration wheel spin issues under control.

Took it to Virginia International Raceway for a charity event (cheap track time) with 3500miles on it. Most reviews said the DSG comes alive on the track, holy fuck does it ever. I drove a s13 manual 240sx for 14 years before I got this car, even as a diehard manual lover, the DSG performs.

Get extra coverage for windshield replacement if your insurance offers it, the glass is thin and cracks easier than others. I'm out $250 deductible for a new windshield already.

Apr was fine, giac was more aggressive in my 20th

I got a beater 02 Passat and by far it has been the best car I've owned. Previous cars were a 05 Malibu Classic and a 06 HHR. Which is giving 8y a massive edge but the old beater just drives alot better.

Just bought my first VW 3 days ago, '07 GTI manual w/80k miles
Has ST coilovers, K&N intake, Forge short shifter, R8 coilpacks, Magnaflow exhaust, and what I'm guessing is an APR stage 1 tune because it's making 18psi (unsure because I bought it at a dealer auction)
Interior is in perfect condition other than the window switches, and it's been a ton of fun to drive and get onto the boost (first turbo car). Also the plaid seats are fucking 10/10 and they have a great amount of bolstering. Near future plans are a new grill since this one has a crack and a front license bracket and wheels

Mk5 life. Diesel 06 Jetta here, gonna be getting a tune done soon.