Quirks

Does your car have any interesting quirks?

mexicans seem to like it

yeah its a saab

2 front map lights and a dome light 1 foot away from them that's 4x as bright as both of them, removable moon roof, 3 piece tailgate, no carpet, a broken heater matrix that will only blow air from every vent or on the windshield, a shift light that comes on at ~2500 rpm and much much more. I love it.

>Plastic body panels
>Absolutely atrocious GM interior

The trunk reaches 144 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can't put anything in it that might melt or explode.

Sometimes you need to pull the trunk release lever twice in a row, or it won't unlock.

The hood is bolted shut, so you need to use a funnel to fill the washer fluid.

When the engine is completely cold if I let the RPM drop below maybe 2500, they start to flutter and the car begins jerking back and forth. It only does it for the first quarter mile or so though.

Even if I give it a full minute to warm up it still does it, but it almost only happens if it's the first time the car's run in 12 hours or so.

Driver door will auto lock but won't lock when I press my remote.
Dome light rattles randomly then stops for weeks on end.

nice

It has a 20GB hard drive from the early 2000s, the only way of putting music on this is to record it from the radio in the same way you would have done with a cassette tape in the 80/90s.

AC has a setting for HI LO and "NORM" which I like.
And the radio has a button that just says, "LOUD"

The F-150 has these grocery bag hooks under the back seats. kek

>fan setting 1
>nothing
>2
>slight breeze
>3
>can feel it
>4
>HURRICANE IN THE CAR

Pic related, people always comment on it

It has the option to give you 36 radio presets. I only need 6

It's a GM.

The tach is backwards.

>Backwards
That's just rotated 180 degrees, backwards would mean it's mirrored horizontally.

>press gas pedal at random time (car warmed up)
>NOTHING happens. 0-60 1 minute+
>car accelerates normally
>car goes ABSOLUTELY BALLISTIC, SMACKING THE REV LIMITER INSTANTLY

This is all completely, and utterly random. The chance to get the ridiculous version slightly increases with the amount of octane in my fuel though

My car doesn't really but my moped has two strokes too many

>Any danger condition in auxiliary gauges will cause them to light up red instead of their normal backlight color. (Low voltage, oil pressure, etc)
>As you drive faster, radio will increase volume. (eurobeat intensifies)
>No button in car to release trunk, have to use fob/key.
>Hold unlock button to lower windows.

Yea if I ignore minor problems on my s13 long enough they tend to fix themselves.

what the fuck do you drive

Whatever. It's pretty quirky either way.

I'd honestly rather rotate it and just have the numbers upside down

Christ. Please tell me it isn't a prelude

Alfa 4C

My VW Golf Mk 4 has a tiny third sunvisor in the middle.

>Alfa 4C
>He bought a 50,000 dollar car that's barely faster than a miata

At this point anything that runs on electricity seems to have a 'quirk' now.

2001 Forester. Has little storage spaces in all 4 door armrests/handles. Also the parking lights do not work without the keys in the ignition, but on top of the steering column there's a manual switch for parking lights.
1974 Subaru DL. Spare tire is above the engine. If you try to drive without a seat belt on the warning light and chime will never stop unless you turn a switch under the hood under sa I'd spare tire. So just use the damn seat belt.

zero cup holders
zero cylinders

ignition switch activates the air horns, start button hidden under dash

The serpentine belt on my car begins to make an annoying squeaking sound when someone other than me drives it.

large single turbo?

Two and a half mini turbos

A retractable cup holder but when it's open it covers the AC controls, but there's a vent that blows air on whatever's in it.

yus

stop spamming your shitty commodore cunt

>that fucking face

As a European, Saturns always interest me

Same shit. I still remember what I first learned that Saturn is a thing.

>ywn import an ION Redline with the competition package to bongistan

make me faggot

bet u drive a stock shitbox

I bought this car for two grand. The first thing I did was replace the rearview mirror with one I found in a junkyard because mine was broken

>one time programmable chip located in rear view mirror
>chip controls the sunroof, dome lights, keyless entry, alarm, among other things
>i already threw my old mirror out when I noticed none of the stuff worked anymore
>volvo wants $400 for the part itself plus only they can program it

and that, Veeky Forums, is why I do not have a working sunroof, domelight, alarm or keyless entry.

also, they want $350 per spare key. I got the car with three, I dropped one down a storm drain. I am down to two. If I lose one more key I am selling the car immediately.

drivers side only has the drivers side window control

the stereo gives a CANBUS link to the detachable infotainment device, which unfortunately, only gives temperature and a tacho, no speed or diagnosis messages, but does give a trip computer without having to pay for the cruise control package, and it can redirect you to a gas station if you run low on gas, charge, and CNG,

Mine goes up and down

My second car has banana dials

You know how some cars, mostly American ones, automatically unlock either front door when you pull on the interior door handle? Mine does that on the driver's side door, but not the passenger's side.

The AC button doesn't have visible on or off positions. That'd be all well and good if it weren't for the fact that the indicator light for it is burnt out, but the compressor still engages. This means you can be driving around sucking down gas and wondering why the heater isn't warming up if you're not careful.

The only cupholder up front is directly behind the shifter. If you put anything that's taller than the cupholder itself, which is inexplicably about 5" deep, in there, you can't shift smoothly into second or fourth.

The owner's manual starts out with a troubleshooting section.

The turning circle is wider going clockwise than it is going counter-clockwise. So if you take a left turn too sharply, you'll end up in the left lane. And if you take a right turn too sharply, you'll still end up in the left lane. This means you have to be extremely careful at intersections.

The doors don't have detents to stay open. Which means they slam shut the second you let go of them if you're on even the slightest of inclines.

The only interior lighting are two tiny reading lights in the back seat, and they don't come on when you open the door.

If it's even slightly cloudy outside, the headlights will stay on after you turn the car off. Even if you had them off in the first place they'll switch on of their own accord. You have to turn off the car, turn off the lights, then cycle the light switch on and off again and then they'll go out.

There are only five places to put things besides the trunk: there's tiny map pockets on each door, an awkwardly-placed center console, a little area underneath the center stack, and the glove box.

The back seat has three seat belts even though two people barely fit back there.

Any guesses what it is?

tfw you got only one key to your shitbox

The driver

Fuckin cool my man

I don't have cruise control.... in my Cruze.

if I shut my trunk with my keys in it, there is no way of getting them out without a sawzall

What car is it? Electric cars have cupholders usually

muh dick

>All four windows can be rolled down or up from outside of the car, by using the key and driver door keyhole- Turning and holding the key clockwise rolls windows up, counter-clockwise rolls them down. Comes in handy once in a while.

>The outside temperature gauge will alert you when outside temps drop below 39 degrees fahrenheit or 3 degrees celsius. Kind of annoying

>"HURR ITS A MAYBACH SO THE INTERIOR DOME LIGHTS COMES SLOWLY ON AND OFF"
>my dads w202 had it

My motorcycle has the fun "quirks" of not having a choke, not wanting to start when cold, and not having a kick start.

Quirks? Yea, I'm fairly certain something is wrong with the rear axle or a rear wheel bearing.

What model is that?

RX7?

god car

Here lemme spam mine some more too faggot

Honda Passport

That or a Tesla Roadster.

Roadster has 1 cupholder, folds out from center console

Sometimes when I drive over a series of bumps my sump bottoms out
Maybe I just have fucked suspension