Why did everyone forget about the Civic Type R when it literally just came out last year?

Why did everyone forget about the Civic Type R when it literally just came out last year?

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-2017-type-civic-one-of/6434155991.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, let's start with it being hideous and go from there.

it is a fwd shitbox, Ford did it best

Looks disgusting an was over hyped by the under 20 crowd.

Because it's an awfully boring car.

>be me
>be car shopping
>wew type r is in my price range
>go to dealer lot
>car is now 15k dollars over my budget
>turn 360 degrees and buy an sti

really made me think

What else is there to say about it? It's fast and ugly.

We even moved on from Stinger and LC 500 shilling.

people that were going to buy it bought it and everyone else noped out at the dealershit price bump

pretty much it

It has no competition to benchrace against so it isn't good shitposting bait.

also who the fuck actually talks about professional racing with one of these

does it even exist

Civic Type Rice

Ford is only best at copying
>2017 ferd facelift
>yfw the hyundai looked like that since 2013

As far as I can tell, literally every "racing" version of a shitbox gets overpriced at the dealership so the whole point of an younger driver getting something slightly more "fun" than the average shitbox steers them towards actually fun cars instead.

Also
>implying anyone can afford cars new anymore

I kind of miss Saturn

There's someone in my town with it
It's just another evo/sti competitor that's all
also they fucked it up pretty bad
>fake vents

It’s uglier than the WRX, more expensive than the WRX, but is still only FailWheelDrive.
They call it a ‘’’’’’hatchback’’’’’’ even though it is a liftback and can’t fit shit inside. Can’t get tires for it. It’s ugly. It sounds terrible. It is prone to overheating.

It is also ugly.

So instead of buying a new Type R, you got a 15 year old STI? Smooth

It honestly doesn't look that bad IRL. Like the regular Civic is pretty fucking ugly as it sits, adding a wing and hood scoop/vents isn't going to make it any uglier.

Honda dealers are fucking retarded and still want $20,000 over MSRP for one is the problem.

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-2017-type-civic-one-of/6434155991.html

Literally who?

245/30 20 isn’t hard to find lol

Just because it doesnt look that much uglier than regular civic doesnt mean its not ugly, you know. I saw one in real life and it was disgusting

Because the queen is back.

I get that its supposed to be quick around a track but I still can't get over it being 100% factory riced

I guess Honda knows its fanbase

>Original Type R was hardened track demon that could consistently punch up against what were supposed to be bigger and badder sports cars, with nearly every part of the car tuned to this single purpose, without sacrificing Honda reliability.

>New Type R is every bad boiracer stereotype, even keeps the infotainment instead of shaving weight, overheats worse than the Corvette come track day.

Hmm.

>fwd
>ugly
>fwd
>fucking fwd

except new type r shreds all other ff type rs

>Another anemic europoor car
Let me guess, you got treated this time with a 1.8L?

I didn't forget about it and I'm pretty sure no one else did, what are you even talking about?

>Another stupid american post
Let me guess, you think power is everything because your national car manufacturers still unable to make a proper chassis ?

Because stealerships are still trying to sell them over MSRP. Fuck that shit

>Implying I am american

One thing sure, you are an EuroMad.
Truth hurt?

A best buy employee in my town got one. The more I see it the less disgusting it looks.

Who hear things the next version will be much less "boy racer" styled? I also hope they ditch all the fake vents/ducts.

So what is a civic these days? A factory rice Kia Optima that doesn't suck as bad?

Do you drive a Kia Optima?

I rented one once. It was a terrible cross between it actually working and wondering if my suffering in this life would ever end.

I have a 17 R and a 18 Sti

The R is a "better" car but it looks like utter barf. But man the handling and power delivery is pretty damn good

The Sti looks much much better but is much more sedated. No quite as fast, handling on the street seems similar.

I'll sell one and keep one idk which tho

Bullshit, no one is that retarded.

what did he mean by this?

By the time the Type R was actually available in the US the 16-35 age group the car appealed to is dead broke, myself included. Spending 35K USD or more on a car is simply not a financial possibility for the vast majority of people this car would appeal to. There are 3 major classes of car buyers in the United States (and Canada to an extent) right now and the car has very little appeal to all of them. Asinine dealer markups only compound the problem if the car appealing to no one that can afford it and everyone with interest being priced out.

No mother of 2 would ever buy this car, nor would they allow their husbands to buy it despite it being a perfectly capable family car assuming you can drive manual so anyone with dependents is out.

Boomers are either in the market for something sporty or an SUV, or sometimes both if they have the money. In the former category boomers will never buy this car because of it's styling, the fact that it's 4-cylinders, and the seats/interior is too aggressive. You're average boomer is magnetically attracted to corvettes. In the later category this car sits far too low to every be comfortable and the 35K asking price is high enough they would rather just buy another Equinox or Explorer. If they have money the'll buy a Maccan or something like an F-Pace.

Lastly we have rich people who if they're going to buy a sports car it won't be a "hot" yet practical hatch. It will be a Prosche or BMW something or other or if they need space maybe an S-class that while maybe not as fun to drive has more raw power and a "luxury" interior or they'll go buy something seriously upmarket, and the Type R isn't competing with anything in the 6-digit range.

This same problem effects all "affordable" sports cars or sporty-ish cars and the barely noticeable sales figures tell the whole store. BRZ, 86, Miata, etc. are all barely there in the context of US car sales.

are you blind user?

I see one in the parking lot I frequent and I'm definitely in the minority but I think they look really cool. And I typically hate Honda design

because they look like hot wheels car

Its too edgy desu

R32? STi? Focus RS?

>>implying anyone can afford cars new anymore

>Being poor in a booming economy.

The car is ugly because it's so big

>shitting on the Renault Megane RS

Either you have never driven one or are just plain retarded. Or both.

>>yfw the hyundai looked like that since 2013

are you?

>Dealers got entirely too greedy with their allotments.

>Base MSRPs

>Too limited a production run

>KIA stinger

>going rate for used Coyote powers GT mustang

All helped to kill it's proposition for my wallet

Rather have a golf GTI.

>ford did it best
>recall due to all the blown head gaskets
oh boy

also the rs can't into awd drive because the diff overheats so easily and shuts off