Make every AC controls into the touch tablet center stack set up

>make every AC controls into the touch tablet center stack set up
>laggy interface

Why is this allowed? Leave the laggy interface. The AC controls should be physical buttons and it should be mandatory across all vehicles.

Distracted driving, the more cars that crash, the more cars that sell.

Is that a shifter from Alibaba?

cell phone equivalent level of planned obsolescence. best way to dodge: buy pre-1990 cars.

>Need to know the weather right now where I am because car windows opaque as fuck.

>shifter is a lil nub made of shiny rocks
what did bolbo mean by this

>dashboard temp says 22 celsius
>ipad weather app says 23 celsius

>better take it to the dealership, something is definitely wrong with the temperature sensor

dude it's adaptive you just set it once and never touch it again lmao

That's the cars inside temp, you doofus.

>weather predictions and observations are 100% accurate and there's no way you could observe a 1°C difference between where you are and the nearest weather observatory

Is it just me, or every new car has a leather stitched dashboard? back then, only ultra luxury cars had them, now you can spec it on a corolla

My Honda Insight is set to 68 f, year round. I only edrr touch the defrost and defog buttons.

These things aren't going to age well. Enjoy your gremlins.

Everything should be physical buttons and mandetory across all vehicles. Looking away from the road to use your fucking car-ipad is stupidly dangerous, especially for people like me who struggle to operate a touch screen at the best of times.

>cell phone equivalent level of planned obsolescence
bingo

>I suck at it so it has to be banned!

Get with the times nigger. I actually find a touchscreen to be much more convenient once you get used to it, you can access what you want faster and more efficiently than with stupid knobs.

A lot of them are plastic/foam/rubber with either real stitching, or the stitch is simulated in the rubber.

>I actually find a touchscreen to be much more convenient once you get used to it
That is an absolute lie. You cannot use a touch screen if you aren't looking at it. That's an inherent flaw in their application, and is also what makes them a fucking stupid addition to two-ton machinery moving at 70+ mph.

It's actually a pretty good system.

t. someone that just drove one for a week.

It's only laggy when you first start it up. I think it's laggy because it's doing a lot of initialization during start up. Like how when you start a windows computer you can't use it immediately when you hit the desktop.

in no way would a touchscreen ever be more convenient for the simple fact you have to navigate a screen while a buttons and knobs are designed for you to feel what they are without having to look

It's not real. It's molded plastic on the corolla and maybe the camry too. The normal dash is plastic but there is an option to add leather to the dash.

But a touchscreen is much faster im achieving what you want once you get used to it, so you’d actually take your eyes off the road less than if you were to look at the screen when using a knob (you also have to look at the screen even if it’s operated by a knob)

>imagine being so dumb you find it faster to go through an interface rather than turn a fucking knob

this

the op specifically specified ac controls which if you need to look at to control you're either utterly retarded or so anal about the specific degree you want you deserve to crash

>(you also have to look at the screen even if it’s operated by a knob)
What?

Nah, but infact its an optional gear knob made of pure crystal by a jeweler in Sweden.

A touchscreen will always have different shit on it at any given time. While it comes to physical buttons, you actually know by muscle memory that where each shit is. Get fucked.

Just rode around in a 2012 austin martin V12 with touch screen shit in it. There were lots of dead pixels on it already. It's almost like when you keep poking at screens they break lol

Forget aging poorly, I don't get why anyone would want frequently used controls on a touch screen NOW. It's dangerous and certainly a poor user interface.

Luckily most new vehicles still have physical radio and climate controls.