Is it gonna have a 3jz?

is it gonna have a 3jz?

Other urls found in this thread:

motorauthority.com/news/1112019_no-manual-transmission-for-2019-toyota-supra-but-4-and-6-cylinder-engines-planned
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, some bmw shit and auto only.

"3"jz with the 3 being number of cylinders on each bank i.e V6 or its going to have a BJZ (BMW Straight Six), Pick your poison and/or anti-depressants.

3.5l v6tt or BMW n something I am no longer a bmwfag.

It will have a N55.
Toyota sucks at building engines nowadays and they know it.

It's going to be a beemer engine

Which is not a *bad* thing the newer BMW straight six turbo engines are actually quite good, not the N54 but the newer refreshed ones are known for a lot of capabilities.

I think it will definitely live up to it's name but unfortunately, BMW have manual trannies but the supra wont.

n55 or the ls v6

>inb4 205 hp fa20
>inb4 cvt

Source? Please GOD NO

Just how new are you?

iirc there was an article that said there was a 50k version with an inline 4 turbo making 250ish hp and a 60k version inline 6 na making 360 hp, both bimmer engines
i'll try and find it now

Nigger I own 2 mechanic shops you think I have time to pretend I know shit about cars? There's money to be made.

So I know we're all anxious about the powerplant and transmission but how do you guys feel about its looks?

I don't mind the looks but an american front license plates it really going to ruin what they have going there(then again, what isn't ruined?)
I'd also like to get a look of the interior.
Apparently it's going to be showcased next month on the 6th

Nobody puts front license plates on the front of their car here in SoCal. Only good goys do.

Modern concept cars all look like garbage.

cant find original but heres another thats closer, inline 6 is actually turbo thou
motorauthority.com/news/1112019_no-manual-transmission-for-2019-toyota-supra-but-4-and-6-cylinder-engines-planned

Is this the final look of it? That front is terrible.

Why don't they just get one person to decide how it should look if they're going to sell for the better part of $100k?

Probably won't have anything. How long have these "new Supra" pics been floating around now?

>Straight Six

That clefted roof annoys me

>No Money. Sad

HOW ELSE WE SUPPOSE TO FIT WHITE PIGGU IN THERE

U DISGUST

the front looks alright. but the roof looks like a light pole fell on it

yfw when you spend years and countless hours researching developing the perfect modern, balanced, fuel efficient Supra engine just for meme racers to put a 2JZ in it the second they get their hands on it

why can't they just use their 2jz? Did they smash all the hard drives holding the CAD designs?

>This was the real Supra MKV

4 cylinder boxer, duh

STOP

don't worry, it will be twin turbo

what kind of 370z is this?

>Toyota puts the V10 from the LFA in the nupra instead of a bimmer engine
>Veeky Forums collectively blows its load

Fuck, they could start up production of the 2jz instead and it would be an improvement.

The Suprra (TM) model will come with the exclusive Toyota (R) torque curving technology.

lets go even deeper

a V4 TT hybrid engine

If this car is priced around $50k-$60k I might get the 2nd revision of it

It's going to have a motorcycle engine? Weird.

>BMW have manual trannies but the supra wont.
into the trash it goes

Looks to be quite small by todays standards and not awful looking, i have high hopes

That's not how Toyota engine designations work. The JZ is the engine family, and the number in front of it is the generation. A 1JZ is the predecessor to the 2JZ, and they both are DOHC inline sixes with similar design. So a 3JZ would be similar to the other JZs with some updates. Same with the 1UZ, 2UZ and 3UZ for example.
The 2JZ would almost certainly be much cheaper, more reliable, and easier to work on than any BMW garbage they could shit out into the engine bay.
Most likely wouldn't pass emissions or fuel economy standards these days. If they had a modernized version (e.g. 3JZ) as asked above it could, but the 2JZ is a 27 year old design at this point.

kek I wonder how many people here will get that joke...

with a CVT

Journalists have been told its between $40k to $60k which is about the same as a BMW Z5.

In 2013 they told reporters at the NA auto show there would be a "3jz" 3.5 L inline 6 twin turbo engine, with an estimated 560 hp in the base model. To get around the emissions laws it will have a system similar to the Prius but this option can be turned off. Essentially it’s an electric motor that can kick in at highway cruising speeds that will increase mpg along with an active aerodynamics system.

But that was before the BMW partnership was announced.

ITT: literally nothing has been confirmed, it's not even known if they're going to call it a supra.

also, no, no 3JZ, unless they rename a bmw engine, which they probably won't use

WTF but I want my trap supra gf

That engine would be worth more than the car

Camry v6 with a turbo. If Lotus supercharged 2GR can make 430hp then imagine these thing with a turbo

so when is this thing finally going to be revealed?

once all the toyabarus are sold

Oh look, Germany ruins everything for the THIRD time in like 95 years

>buy one
>put a 1gz in it
>worlds greatest car

If everything goes well it won't

>wanting jap soulless meme engine

Yes some curent gen BMW pos hopefully the 324kw+ version

*368kw+

I guess they would have trouble selling it when the 86 is so good and half the price.

As opposed to a yuro soulless unreliable expensive over engineered under built meme engine built by one of the shittiest companies in one of the shittiest countries?

BMW historically builds the best engines though.
No need to be jealous.

la criatura

>microscopic windows
I hate modern cars so much

One of the things they got right with the 86 is that it's pretty unobtrusive and easy to see out of except for the two rear-side blind spots. I imagine it's better if you're a manlet.

fuck that noise, yamaha makes the best engines.

"Best", if you like oil pump nuts backing off or vanos failures

nope.
yeah and toyota corolla 4 bangers are the best engines right

Maybe not the BEST, but some of them are up there.

2jz is best if you like failure-prone timing belt tensioner brackets
oil pump seals blowing out
crank pulley coming apart
poor-flowing cylinder heads
failure-prone sequential turbo systems

>is it gonna have a 3jz?

For what reason a forward-thinking major automobile manufacturer would resurrect engine architecture from the 1980s?

Looks ugly lol. Supra is a cruiser not compact sport coupe

It will have a B58 BMW engine. The top spec may use an S58.

s58 would be godly

>everyone’s face when this is just a next gen GT86 and not a new Supra

Kek axis sports car will be shit all over by American coupe with a truck engine

yet americas' finest engineers still cant build a car that could beat a rebadged vw beetle based on a 60 year old architecture

2018 - 1938 is a bit more than 60

porsche 911 1963–present

911 is nothing more than a VW beetle type r. The base model beetle hit roads in 38.

Lets hear it user, how could modern Toyota or BMW improve on this?

That's one ugly ass nose.

Ball bearing turbos.

It is a literal eyesore

Plenty of improvements could be made you dense fanboy fuck
>A better flowing cylinder head
>Less rotating assembly weight
>Less weight
>A valve cover that doesn't look like a piece from a children's toy in the 90s
>A contract that disallows its use in any FNF franchise films
>Less weight
>Less weight

>Sequential turbos that actually spool
>No automatic option

Fuckin nailed it, user.

It's going to use a 3MZ-GTE, which is just an old 3MZ camry engine with a turbo slapped on.

>inb4 350 hp 4 cylinder hybrid
>inb4 sports cvt

Wrong

At least it gets another generation

>just say "nope" to yamaha
>meanwhile his Bimmer's spewing oil like fire hydrant in compton in the summer

From what I've read, there was only ever a 1% reported failure of the twin turbo system.

Sage.

I fucking hope so

>"3"jz with the 3 being number of cylinders on each bank i.e V6
you went too far here man.

10/10

>nobody has suggested the possibility of a 4jz yet

>implying they shouldn't just skip to the 5jz

>It will have a BMW engine with BMW levels of reliability, ease of working on, and cost to own.
>It will be marked up $20K by every dealer for the first 18 months it is out.
>The interior will only be marginally better than the GT86 despite the significantly higher price tag.
>It will be an automatic only. There will be no dual clutch. There will be paddle shifters that all of the reviewers will say are "really responsive!", and the car will do that annoying thing where it denies your shifts if you're not in the rev range it wants.
>It'll have an MSRP that puts it up against rivals with 200 more HP than it, "but it has a balanced chassis that handles better!"

At least 3 of these things will be true.

>Toyota finally gives details of the gazoopra
>I6 6jz TT
>they skipped 3 of the jzs for some reason
This will definitely work

please god i dont want this to be true but i know it will be

Oh for fucks sake.

BMW engine is never a bad thing. They might make a few mistakes here and there because they push the boundaries with plastic shit here and there, but on the whole come on now.. They make probably the best engines. Toyota might have the reliability down due to being conservative but a BMW engine will be more fun guaranteed and will be perfectly reliable if looked after