/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Smile protected edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin>News/DevelopmentsArt Collectionflickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>Soundtrack

Have I told you the story of how a low ranking soldier named Barta in the Gerudo army retrieved the Thunder Helm from the deadly Yiga assassins or how our wondrous Chief Riju calmed Naboris. I think there might have been some Hylian Vai who tagged along

That Hylian Vai was the reporter woman seen bumming around town and had no participation in the events whatsoever

If you talk to her before calming Naboris, Traysi suggests defeating Naboris like the Rebels beats the AT-ATs on Hoth

that's kind of what you did

you cut of it's power supply by disabling it's feet as opposed to tripping it with some strong ropes, chains or such like. Similar but rather different

you knock it over, basically the same.

I suppose so. I wish we got more than 2 facts from Traysi about what she'll put in her book about the Gerudo

>Average Gerudo weighs as much as 10 Hydromelons
>Average Gerudo is as tall as a Voltfruit Tree

what, do they have hollow bones?

I don't know how Traysi verified it but that's what she said

I'm going to marry the fish!

I can give you one reason to explain why you will not

She runs a shameless gossip rag!

Hydromelons are extremely dense

those facts aren't particularly juicy. She seems to be researching Lover's Pond and the Voe and You class but she isn't spilling anything juicy

>dense melons
You are what you eat?

What happened to the Fi poster?

what kinds of facts would you consider to be juicy?

they must be made out of bloody metal then.
Hyrdomelon armor when?

Fi fucked him

Stuff about their husbands maybe

Top 10 exercises to get abs fast. Land a voe with these simple tricks and make all your friends jealous.
Riju's celebrity crushes. Number 6 will shock you!
Link's favorite food. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

>Carry metal chest into air to facilitate screenshots.
>Thunderstorm breaks out.
>...
>No good can come of this.

Aaaaaaa!!!
At least there was a warning build-up.

Link, that soup is clearly too hot. Look at Zelda's cheeks.

I don't get it

that would sell like hotcakes among the Gerudo

Almost strange how it's darker at 9pm than it will be at midnight. Of course it's because the moon comes out at 10.

This is the kind of shot the trip was for. I just wish it was higher res. That will have to be someone else's thing to do. Castle town looks like someone stole all the bricks.

The compendium doesn't lie.

for something with such an elaborate retaining wall and history I would have imagined there'd be more buildings across the Great Plateau.

It seems like there was some huge structure up in the snow covered area. Easier to see the man-made elements from the other side.

Still, there's just as much that isn't covered. If such effort was taken to surround the plateau I would imagine the top to be a bustling town spreading across its entirety, not just the Temple of Time, an abby or two, maybe a gatehouse and whatever was by the river of the dead

It got wrekt the most by Guardians so I'm sure a lot was lost

Well there were some stone archways out in the woods. It might be a whole city that was simply reclaimed by nature.

It was probably limited to religious personnel since the Temple and abbeys have religious connotation, not to mention it's called mount Hylia
I would have loved to see that thing in its prime

The king said something along the lines of it once being the center of the kingdom or something. Granted this could be pre-SS that he was waxing about.

Less fog around 8:30.

I think he said it was the birthplace of the kingdom

It's been probably been 10,000 years since the area atop the plateau was inhabited (given the present Hyrule Castle is situated squarely on top of the largest ancient Sheikah device known, dating modern Castle Town to 10k years or more).

For perspective, the Parthenon is 2,500 years old and the pyramids at Giza are 4,500 years old. 10,000 years is a very, very long time.

What does that mean? It's where their constitution was signed?

Hyrule has no constitution. It's a feudalist state controlled by a monarchy.

Probably where Hyrule was founded somehow, the royal family crowned there or Ganon was annihilated there or something

Could be interpreted a lot of ways. We know the Temple of Time was in Castle Town during OoT's era, if that helps.

Snow let up, so a shot 'round noon.

A lot of options. Coul tie into their creation myth. Could be about finding the triforce. Could be that the goddess Hylea used the shrine of resurrection to give herself human form as an early Zelda.

It probably means that the location is mentioned in some religious text as the birthplace of Hylia or something, since they're a theocracy

In BotW Castle Town, there is a ruined sanctuary in the spot where the OoT ToT would have stood.

>religious text
considering that their power is alive and well, Zelda could just wave her hand around and declare the spot the Triforce glows brightest as a holy site

It's probably just a regular church for the town since the Temple on the plateau is where the sacred stuff happens

SS shows they can have more than one time related space when they want to. Both of it's two gates of time were in new places that don't align with other game ToT locations.

I am frequently impressed with games that have "infinite" draw distance and can show you the entire world no matter where you are on the map.

Some games like BotW have low-poly models they swap in for the distance. I don't know if BotW has any differential related flaws, but I recall people noticing differences in Vice City over the low-poly distance model and the near-by models.

Oh yes, of course. They do that in Xenoblade as well. I just remember back to the days of the N64 when everything more than 20 feet away from you is covered in a thick fog.

BotW does the blur thing too, but not as much as some stuff. Nintendo seems to like that blur. Kinda hides some otherwise very noticeable repeating in the texture mapping in SS.

They had a similar blur style in Skyward Sword. Anything beyond the immediate area had a strange blur that made it look like a painting out of focus.

That said, I love the pseudo-cel shading they have in BotW.

You dare belittle the Princess' divine power, as if it were a metal detector?

I'd love to zoom out to this distance, and somehow find a giant footprint that was impossible to see from any nearer.

What are you standing on for this?

that's from a trailer

>The laser on the Death Star.

I haven't examined it, but this place feels like it was built over the top of that spot in SS, where the gate of time was destroyed. It feels like the right size and style, and has that entrance in the right spot. Just under the sand in one corner of the place there should be a tunnel that leads to the old factory.

>those stark biomes
It's like I'm really playing WoW

that doesn't seem stable in the slightest

it begs questions about how it was constructed.

Makes me want to use a bomb to make an icy tomb for anyone inside

the only way to get the boots is by talking to bozo, right? I can't stand talking to that poof. His weakness disgusts me

You need to stop seeing yourself in fictional characters.

Hilda doesn't deserve her smile.

Hey now that is uncalled for

Had to. An opportunity once passed, will never return.

Understood

So the spot is standing in the DLC trailer is what, the western tip of upper Zoraland?
Is that swamp caused by the river or by the excess water Vah Ruta created that seeped down the river from the rain?

meant to reply.
The dam was supposed to be close to breaching but there must have been a lot of damage caused by the rain that got spouted out of the trunk

It think it was the case that the dam was spilling over. Some of those waterfalls aren't normally there.

>Nintendo will never give Link a balloon adventure, because people complained about sailing a boat.

DLC trailer?