Torque heads down

>torque heads down
>turn engine over
>*clunk*

Sounds like you fucked up user

Get a torque wrench you nigger

checked.

Its all stock parts, same exact motor to another, what fucking gives

Cams in yet? See if you can rotate the cams around the bring all the valves up.

>cams
I just took off the rockers to pull up all the valves and it still hit.

I hope you turned it over with a wrench and not the starter

Lol this

>still hit

Wrench ofc

I'm baffled, unless my block was decked I can't imagine why these rods wouldn't work. They're stock rods from the same motor

Hm Idk maybe your timing is fucking off? Step away from the vehicle

>They're stock rods from the same motor

what engine for what car? some engines can be the "same" but if manufactured for different regions or in different years they can tweak shit a little.

the head could also have been overheated

check timing

Rods and pistons out of a gen 4 L33 5.3 going into a gen 3 LM7 5.3. Dudes do this shit all the time with no issues.

I'll pull the heads tomorrow I'm just trying to brainstorm here

Holy shit it was a block of ice in one of the cylinders

Crisis averted

>torque to 12lb ft
>wrench only goes down to 20

You can get close by using a 3/8 to 1/4 reducer because .25/.375*20=13

Hold the torque wrench 60% of the way up to where you would normally hold it.

How did it get in

>have interference engine
>dont get tdc right
>piston interferes with valve
???

What?

Still don't understand. Double the length of the lever arm and you get 40 ft•lb. 60% of the lever arm and you get 12 ft•lb

Reeeeeeee

what the fuck?

>unbolted both heads
>left them laying on the block
>turn engine over
>mfw I see the passenger side head going up... and up... and up

>rains more in the garage than it does outside
>put engine in a spot that I think is leak free
>it wasn't
>oil pan was just resting on the engine

you aren't understanding how torque wrenches work. sure torque = force x distance, but torque wrenches don't care where you push them from before they click. They click once the head is experiencing a certain force on them. All it's doing is making it harder for you to push down on the wrench.

what user should be doing is get a 1 foot long pole and applying 12 lbs of pressure on the end of it.

O shit nigga you're right my bad

You're assuming it's a click type torque wrench. If he had the old-timey ones like pic, that trick would work. He probably does have a click one though.

Fucking ICE? You're telling me you bolted a head onto ice without a fucking worry. I really hope you're not this dense.

even if he had that one the number it would read would still be the same unless he moved the scale 60% up the arm?

or not 60% but it would be the same unless you changed the position of the scale

For these, the handle is on a pivot and unless you hold it with both of the ends of the handle not touching the shaft, it will read inaccurate. not sure if it's an exact 60% but you can greatly alter the readings by holding it at different points.

Water got in after I torqued the heads down. Stupid me I didn't turn the engine over after I torqued them the first time, and if I did and after a week it was hitting I would've been really fucking confused