Grease monkeys

Do you have a special shirt or coverall you like to wear when you wrench?
Or do you work on your car in whatever you happen to be wearing at the moment.
Or do you secretly wish you'd buy that TRD/NISMO/other suit you've been eyeing to wear as you work already.

Other urls found in this thread:

earnestco.com/collections/new-in-the-workshop/products/hardin-overall-navy
google.com/amp/s/jalopnik.com/dying-clothes-with-used-motor-oil-is-the-solution-to-yo-1744414942/amp
youtube.com/watch?v=05lXGoxZdrs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wear pic related nearly 7 days a week

I wear a hoodie so I don't ruin my shirts.

I have good clothes and bad clothes.
I work construction so my bad clothes fit for both work and working on cars.

Whatever is ripped

Jeans, t shirt, nitrile gloves, steel toes and safety glasses.

>safety glasses

A fucking must. I was working on taking the control arms off a forester at a pick n pull, got under to see what else I had to remove to take it off. Grabbed the ball joint as I looked around and a bunch of shit fell on my face from above. I looked like I had pink eye for 3 days

I have a work shirt from my FSAE team that I wear. It's black and is personalized with my name and team name, it's pretty fucking lit.

Post a pic

This except no steel toes dedicated work clothes would be great

Third for glasses. Most important piece to wear

I prefer my worn workpants due to them being stained and ripped to the point where I dont care, shirts/jackets depending on the temperature, old shoes, disposable nitril gloves and ear protectors

I have a couple pairs of steel toes for work and wear them normally anyhow so it's not like I'm going out of my way. Really nice to have when shit hits the fan and you drop a few hundred pound on your feet.

>the lifecycle of clothing

rags

Old jeans, old t shirt, black socks, safety glasses. Junk old shoes.

Didn't realize i attached a 3000 rpm rated wire wheel to a 10000 rpm air tool and got a wire in the eye one time. hurt so bad and teared up so fast I thought I blew up my eye. Got lucky, only a red dot that lasted a few days. then another time got purple death degreaser (undiluted) in my eye and it melted the lids shut and swelled like a motherfucker. Wear glasses now any time I feel like something might happen. HOWEVER, the degreaser incident happened while i was wearing glasses. It just so happened that the drop of pure terror landed on my forehead and dripped down into my tear duct in a second. Glasses or no glasses, I was destined to have my eye melted shut that day.

>it's a wh*te subhumans get together for their daily attention whoring episode

I have several pairs of coveralls left from my navy days, I just wear those over work clothes. I'm an aircraft mecanic, so work cloths are pretty trashed with paint and sealant.

What the fuck

>minorities don't need clothes to wrench
>benises made of asbestos
>result: naked wrench sessions and reentering the atmosphere of pale skinned whales

>what are chemical/splash proof goggles?
step up your safety eye damage br/o/

want this bad

earnestco.com/collections/new-in-the-workshop/products/hardin-overall-navy

I go for full enclosed ones, so fluids won't play games with me.

>automotive instructor tells me that oven cleaner works great for cheap degreaser
>hurr durr good idea

shit melted my fucking skin. burned through my shirt. trans case was clean af tho. red dots on my arms for weeks

I keep my chem goggles on my hard hat. Rarely need them for automotive stuff.

Don't know how it's translated, but don't you have pic related for cleaning?

doesn't mean shit when its melting your skin off

>hey this stuff tingles
>burning slightly
>better keep cleaning this transmission

>ffuck

What's stopping you?

the price combined with i'd never wear them to work, just for shit around home.

i wish i could wear these when at work, but when its 50 degrees C you just sweat like a cunt and they fog up :'(

>caring about a little fog
You'll WISH your vision could be foggy when you get blinded

What's your job?

i just wear normal safety ones, but i'd rather fully enclosed.

unemployed marine engineer atm.

bought these two days ago, pretty excited

I have a few sets of older or damaged clothes I wear for shit like that. Generally work boots, an old pair of jeans that's faded to shit and a tshirt that's old and usually ripped. This stuff is generally so heavily used that most people would have thrown it out, but I keep it for exactly this. A while ago I spilt old oil all over a shirt, and it was nice to be able to just strip it off and throw it out instead of worrying about ruining a good shirt.

I have a microfiber apron that I use when detailing/paint correcting.

For general greasemonkey work, I wear old jeans and a torn/faded shirt. I also have an old Adidas jacket (like 18 years old, no joke). For some reason it repels everything and wont stain. I've done a ton of work with that jacket.

Holy shit my boot camp coveralls have been sitting in my closet forever and I have never thought of doing this lol. I feel dumb.

I'm gonna have to ask; what car do you own, and what do you do for a living

Miata, lube tech, college, why?

maybe uvex skyguard NT could be something for you
there like normal glasses but with tight fitting foam around your eyes

forgot pic

wish I'd chosen engineer instead of deck, one of the main reason I quit school since I started thinking about the lack of jobs

Depends on the job.

If general work I'll typically go bare handed, some old safety glasses, beanie hat to keep hair out of my face, some old jeans, old vans, and a couple of old sweatshirts layered for warmth.

If I'm doing heavier mechanical work or messing with anything where I need to take off the tires, I wear a beat up pair of Mechanix gloves (kinda need a new pair).

If I'm painting or sanding or any kind of dust I put on my orange coveralls (they were free fuck off) and switch out my gloves for disposable nitrile, and put on a respirator depending on requirement.

>designated nice street clothes
>designated casual street clothes
>designated work clothes
>designated exercising clothes
>designated wrenching clothes
Designated shoes, as well.

I will not wear one set of designated clothes for doing other things, but I will just wear my wrenching clothes out in public if I've wrenched or will be wrenching, however.

If I wear my street clothes for other things, they just get fucked up and stained too much.

If you wear glasses/gloves youre not a mechanic
try wearing that in a shop, youll get shit on

google.com/amp/s/jalopnik.com/dying-clothes-with-used-motor-oil-is-the-solution-to-yo-1744414942/amp

I’d like to think i’m Not picky.
But I absolutely would NEVER fuck that.

those are cool, wish it was in japanese and not broken english. I bought a shirt from him a few days ago, damn expensive.

haha yes I too like to jeopardize my vision

and i wish i went deck, ha, you guys do fuck all and get paid more. biggest joke out.
even normal ones with nothing around the edges fogs up, add the foam in and yeah.

it just sucks.

That's how you go blind user. Don't be retarded.

Also, I'm not a mechanic. I work in a plant where people actually CARE about safety. It's really nice when your boss tells you to work slower.

i love american unions, when they had power they fought for the dumbest shit out.

unions: WE DON'T WANT UNIFORMS AND TOOLS GIVEN TO US, IF I WANT TO WEAR SHORTS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO
employers: fine by us
unions: WE DON'T WANT GOOD PAY, HOLIDAY LEAVE, MATERNITY LEAVE OR JOB SECURITY
employers: okay fine by us

american workers rights are the biggest joke. makes me kek hard.

The broken english seems corny when it's done on purpose.
Okay

I don't have a union and I get: 10% of salary automatically to 401k, 4 weeks paid vacation, 1 week sick days, really good health coverage, and lots of other shit

Unions are retarded.

Gotta keep it classy when you're working on a car.

Dickies pocket tee is proper work shirt

>THAT tuxedo
>fancy

>t. literal fag

>being so autistic that you fall for the meme of boomers telling you to work on it barehanded and without eye protection even tho there's a real danger of not using gloves or glasses

haha yes just let the stevedores load all the cargo by themselves costing the company more money and also who needs someone to grease moving parts and remove rust

deck officer or deck crew?

would rather do that than slug my cunt off all day in 50 degree heat covered in oil, grease and god knows what else.

well I wanted to be crew since they get to do physical stuff, but the job opportunities for crew here in finland are down the shitter so I dropped of

I wear a pair of US navy blue coveralls I traded for last time I was on a ship (marinefag). Shits are all torn to Hell already and it's only been 3 months

I still got all my pairs of coveralls, brown and green

I had some woodland marpat ones but when I had to change units they made me turn them in. Now I got 2 pairs of navy ones I traded for food on the ship

>marpat coveralls
wut

Yea dude I was with an LAR unit they had them

change to officer man your sea time as crew counts towards it.

How stupid are you guys to always put on safety glasses?
>changing wheel bearing
>all of a sudden antiseize goes in my eyes
>sure am glad I had glasses to protect my eyes instead of just not being a retard :)

you're a retard

1/10 for me replying.

>tfw stumble across a thread where caraposter has been

gee user that's a weird way of coming out

Yo! I have hobbies too user. Occasionally you'll find me on Veeky Forums as well, and a couple other boards. Also nice pic, saving it

well I don't have enough tasks in my training book to qualify as watchman, and the school is 400 km away, if I'd live closer I would consider getting at least watchman

I have some ratty jeans and an old hoodie that are covered in grease stains that I use to work on messy stuff. If it's interior or upholstery type stuff I just wear whatever though.

I'm a bit ocd but I have a whole set of clothes to wear while I wrench. Just black work pants, black shirt, and an old hoodie. Also safety glasses and gloves where it applies.
Feels good as fuck to slide out of the dirty outfit after and be all clean with minimal effort.

hate this slut

every 2 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=05lXGoxZdrs

>Leno
Literally one of the only people who can pull off that much denim to be honest.

>LOL safety is gay!!