Explain the crazy england lane lines that are all zig zagged, also do u have green lights there?

explain the crazy england lane lines that are all zig zagged, also do u have green lights there?

it looks liek it goes from red to yellow only in youtube vids

I also would like to know that the drunkenly painted lines are for

The first time I saw those was in The Getaway. lol

Approach to a pedestrian crossing.
OPs pic is somewhere furrin so it's probably some goatfuckers idea of straight.

>Approach to a pedestrian crossing

This, you are not allowed to park on them.

They mark pedestrian crossings and they basically mean no stopping or overtaking. Pelican crossings have normal traffic lights but with a flashing yellow light so cars can go early if the pedestrians have left the crossing, but zebra crossings like pic related just have flashing orange beacons that mean motorists have to give way to pedestrians on the crossing.

woudlnt it be easier to put put a sign up?

it must be a pain in the ass to paint those lines like that

its a fucking wonder that anyone can drive in the UK holy fuck. You guys seem to have gone out of your way to make roads as confusing as possible.

It's simple if you aren't a retard, oh now I get why it wouldn't work over there.

I had to google that shit because it's so normal that it is invisible.
Check out that londons multi cultural driving laws if you want to really have a bad day.
I normally get someone else to suffer the cost.

now I understand. you make it difficult so that, if you survive the days commute, you have some false sense of superiority over Americans to to keep you happy at night while your country is rapidly destroyed by unchecked immigration.

>multi cultural driving laws
t. american who cant even drive manual

Do you check English Simplified?

Nothing false about it. Unlike everything in your post.

it means don't wait/stop on these lines ever, they are usually at a junction/traffic light ped crossing.

its similar to double yellow lines.

I'm sure that was funny in your head.

Keep telling yourself that.

I think the insecure retard has been triggered.

They're for pedestrian crossings, so it's illegal to park there and also to make drivers slow down as they notice them.

Gatekeeping. Keeps the morons and illegals off the roads.

Wut? I just don't see a point in arguing with you. The UK has always had a way of making things overly complicated as a point of odd pride.

And as for the immigration, your denial is irrelevant as is me arguing it with you. Both you and France are sinking, only a matter of time before you go the way of Iran.

fat lot of good it does, youtube is flooded with UK dashcam videos

>ts a fucking wonder that anyone can drive in the UK holy fuck. You guys seem to have gone out of your way to make roads as confusing as possible.

Here is a USA road that also incorporates signaling into the road markings.

>maui
>being considered US in anything but statehood alone

Notice the diamond shaped green road signs and cars driving on the right

That isnt England

you're a regular sherlock holmes arent you? a proper dr who

>it must be a pain in the ass to paint those lines like that
Our whole road works system is a big scam. They just do daft shit to waste money for a bigger budget next year.

we have lines like that in aus, but they're in the center of the road I think. we do also have signs.

To waste more paint and money.

It'd have even more if it weren't so hard to drive here.
Pedestrian-friendly car design was a mistake.

>it must be a pain in the ass to paint those lines like that
The government aims to please you with their efforts. This road is also in the USA.

Thats Russia tier road markings.

>lets make everything backward and overcomplicated to show the world how intelectually superior we are to everyone
>t. Sir. Wanglo, conqueror of savages, we wuzz empires n' shit

Hows that gatekeeping going, Mohammad al Bongchester?

fuck knows desu

That way they can pull anyone over for drunk driving
>But officer the lanes are all swervy!
>Just how many drinks have you had?

The reason why those road marking are swervy is legit. That screencap picture is from a documentary video about Alaska's roads. The road is built on top of ground ice that melts in the summer as the dark pavement is heated by the sun. In the winter, parts of the ground freeze at different rates. This causes movement and upheavals in the pavement and thus the markings weave. The worst marking movements are as much as 3 feet in one year.

To save costs, if the markings don't move too much, they are left alone for another year or two before getting cleaned off and re-marked. It would cost too much to continuously re-mark every inch of road every year.

What I found amazing was that the special and massive snowplows ran even in blowing snow conditions between the cities. Since the plow drivers cannot see any road markings most of the time, they are steered by GPS that is accurate to inches. The driver goes along for the ride and keeps watch on the HUD type display. Feedback includes seat vibration.

Found the defensive ameretard again. Fuck off back to pol, I think that's a safe space for you types.

Thanks for the lesson, user.

why do they even use paint in the current year
here in germany they use something like white tape
they roll it in a line and then hit it with a gas torch.

They use the tape stuff here for temporary construction markings. It doesn't last for shit when you start plowing in the winter.

we have green lights but everyone goes as soon as they turn yellow.

typical markings are done with thermoplastic that has glass beads embedded for visibility at night.

i was thinking the same thing but i feel like it has something to do with the sign taking your line of sight off the road and the lines keep them on. but the way britain has implemented it is terrible.

>cars driving on the right
>not uk road signage

The zig zags at our crossing are only about 3 car lengths long

Instead of zig zags, some places experiment with illusion 3D road markings. From a distance, it can look like a barrier, so speeding drivers slow down.

How do you plow snow without ripping them up?

Best user

>pretending our country isn't shit
mate...

There is one person here that's getting defensive and he is not American...

>2 trips to lay tape then to back with blowtorch

thats why, they have a guy or a mechanical arm that sticks out and they drive along the road an are done

What is the advantage over paint?

*so drivers swerve and crash into pedestrians for trying to avoid hitting what they think are 3D objects

>How do you plow snow without ripping them up?
Tape shouldn't come off when plowed. This is not the temporary road tape. The permanent road tape is applied and then a wide-mouth propane torch heats the tape and melts it onto the road surface. It bonds quite firmly and smoothly. The main benefit is saving time and this is what is done at road intersections in my city. All other markings use the lower-cost paint.

I've seen tape jobs that were done improperly. I am guessing the torch person only melts the edges of the tape which makes it look like it's bonded to the road. But the entire center of the tape wasn't heated enough to be melted onto the road. So when enough wear occurs to wear off the edges of the tape that are sealed to the road, then big lengths of tape then peels right off the road surface.

>What is the advantage over paint?
Very portable. Do-able without big and heavy painting machine. I don't think my city has any "little" painting machines around anymore. I haven't seen the little one towed on its trailer in many years now. With tape, any one person can lay it down, tamp it onto the road surface, and then use the propane torch to melt it onto the road fast. The tape and torch can be carried on any normal highway maintenance work truck unlike a paint machine.

master craftsmen

Wow.

I've driven all of the lower 48 and I've never seen that shit. Fuck hawaii

Only in areas where it never snows

This is amazing

This soothed my soul.