FUCKFUCK FUCKKKK WHY ONLY TINY INLINE4s

Saw one in person. Absolutely fucking gorgeous and I usually only like 80s and 90s shitboxes. What a shame.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hd6my3jiVg8
youtube.com/watch?v=shydexEjZ4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

El Magnifico?

>T6

>oh golly gee, the customer wants more power
>sören, quick, program the ECU to add 200hp
>great job, sören. you can have my wife for a ride right after tyrone finished.

>8.0l V8

>customer wants more power
>well we ain't got no technology and no expertise, no nothing
>Just increase the displacement, fuel is cheap here in bumfuck nowhere anyway
>Great idea Merle, you can have my sister now for a go
>Thanks dad

Because muh safety
>Volvo used to make longitudinal rwd cars
>But they converted to transverse fwd to improve crash tests
>Make engine smaller to increase crumple zone space, add boost to increase power

Still I don't know why they wouldn't offer an i5 or i6?

I'm loving all these Volvo threads...

>Still I don't know why they wouldn't offer an i5 or i6?
brand from the cuck central. they want to be as progressive as possible. if they were able to pull it off already, they probably would go full E by now but settle with the inline4 meme for now and exclusively inline4 to show how serious they are about being progressive.

Inline 5 pretty much have no advantage over turbo 4pots nowadays.

it has a V90 dumbo

>considering a post 2010 Volvo
>considering a chinese car ever

Don't know what you are expecting

youtube.com/watch?v=hd6my3jiVg8

The cars are garbage, the only saving grace is the exterior design and interior materials since Thomas Ingenlath is still on their design team. Once he leaves, its over.

Hey you fucking retard, look at that car for what it is and then try to say it needs more power. It's a car for taking your stupid fucking kids to soccer practice, and that's it.

>hurr durr ids jusd a wagon u queer

That's like your opinion

Why not turbo inline 5 though. The noise alone makes it worth it

They're just the paypigs.
The car still gets developed in IKEAland

Again, because everything a turbo or non turbo 5 can is also achieved by turbo inline 4 cylinders.

>plug in hybrid twin engine
>supercharged and turbocharged
>has some ecu issues

This isn’t your barebones civic, it’s a technologically advanced complex car. A few ecu issues is not that bad. You should check Bmw Gm and land rover forums

youtube.com/watch?v=shydexEjZ4I

Every Volvo performs like video related in the front overlap crash tests. They glance off the wall.

Every other brand car, even rated Top Safety Picks+ from IIHS, hit the wall and bounce sideways, losing all forward momentum.

I wouldn't doubt that a smaller engine block might have a factor here.

Also, Volvo is just getting out ahead of government regulation. Look at every trend. Lower displacement, more boost. That's the formula. Honda just ditch the V6 in the Accord. Toyota will be next with the next gen Camry. Naturally aspirated days are over.

Why would Volvo waste their time manufacturing a 5 or 6 cylinder right now? The government will tighten the belt on emissions in 5 years and they'll have to start over getting more power out of a 4 cylinder anyways.

They have the right idea. They're not a performance brand. They're not BMW. But they are "luxury", so their customers have the money to fix all the problems that will arise with the complicated motor (4 cylinders, 2 turbos, 1 supercharger).

Every other brand will have the same engine product line in 10 years. Welcome the future. There's no going back.

because emissions

That's why the rs3 is the slowest hatch right?

You can boost an S3 or Golf R to the same level, and the A45 AMG puts down very similar figures from a turbo 4.
Hell, Mitsubishi even made a more powerful inline 4 10 years ago.

believe it or not but the inline 5 engines form audi are only there for tradition sake and because VAGina fans kept crying really damn loudly for them in yurop.

i'd love to see more 5 pots but they won't make a big scale comeback.

im really curious - why does anyone here even post about cars like these? this thing looksfucking amazing but its like $60k. no one here can afford this.
thats cool that you think its pretty OP but even ifit had the powerplant youw anted its not like youd be buying one.
grow up you retarded faggots.

>inb4 larpers with 3 wives and 500k/yr salaries tell me they can buy it
>mfw

Volvo was going in the right direction with their yamaha v8, they lost interest? It was the best engine for the xc90s.

I have a 2011 BMW X5 that I recently bought used.

heard saab was gonna use a ski-doo v8