Yaris

Looking to get a new car and so far the toyota yaris seemed like one of the better choices. Could get the 1.5 non turbo petrol engine with 111 hp for aroumd 13,5k €. Use would be mostly for work commutes and occasional longer trips. Any thoughts or opinions on it??

Other urls found in this thread:

autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/swift/99516/suzuki-swift-vs-toyota-yaris-vs-skoda-fabia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, invest 3k more for an Avensis, if you want a new car. They are stopping production and there are discounts.

Turns out it is only in my country.

The new Kia Rio sedan looks pretty good

i would get a ford f150

Maybe if was 39 and had two kids

I've looking at the i20, probably gonna test drive one this week. Rio i20 same car. But I did like the yaris more.

Yaris=Ford cow mover truck??

same boat as you OP. I have no clue what to get though, I want an autotragic version. So I been looking at the twingo.

Bamp

i hate yaris

Other options in the segment would be the fiesta, i20, fabia, polo. I also liked the cora and punto but they will be getting new models this year.

Care to elaborate as well ??

I mean yeah the front is rather ugly, but, the red black combo makes it look rather alright. And i would say its an improvement over older designs.

Yaris give you a 1.5 engine non turbo. Fiesta and almost all other options for the same price give you 1.0 turbo engines.

I also checked the new Nissan Micra. From a design point I didn't really like it and for petrol the best it had at least in my country was a 1.0 petrol which im not even so sure that it was turbo

>Yaris give you a 1.5 engine non turbo. Fiesta and almost all other options for the same price give you 1.0 turbo engines.

so its either a 1.5 that will last for the rest of eternity

OR

a 1.0 that will die in 150,000 km

really makes you think

autotragic yaris is comfy. Ive heard that the clutch in the manual is crap but cant confirm. I have one and its really fun and easy to wrench on

Yeah I get that, I'd also prefer a atmospheric engine over a turbo.

The hybrid seemed like a good option as well though I do have my concerns about it. First its an automatic which I have never driven before and I would prefer to have manual. Easier to maintain cheaper repairs. Besides what happens if after a few years the battery loses potency or brakes. Can that be repaired or replaced and would the insurance cover anything out of it.

Would not having cruse control be a deal breaker??

You don't deserve cars and are everything wrong with the car world.

>13.5k for 1.5l 111hp coffin for commutes and occasional longer trips
>Any thoughts or opinions on it??

stop being so boring

:(

What would car would be exciting for you??

volkswagen up 1liter dre beats edition

1.0 engine, beats edition and for sure overpriced. And the size of a golf with tons of electronics that ll break after 10k. I'd better not.

Just get a twingo for 1k faggot. Or fix your current car.

Mom will be getting me old car and we were looking into getting a new one. Are the new Twingo and Clio good cars. Didn't like the new twingo so much was kinda small, for me at least. And in general I hear service and repairs tend to be on the more expensive for renaults compared to other options.

Was also thinking of adding the black stripe side protector like our older golf had which I really like. Its cheaper than the other painted details you can get lower on the doors. It should look something like this.

I also like this barebone live trim that has none of the electronics. Less things to worry about. And I'd hate to having to use a toyota touch screen after 4-5 years. It also has Bluetooth with the simple radio option, which is nice.

le bump XD ?!?!

if you wanted to get a car for commute and the occasional longer trip should you really be looking at a small hatchback good for grocery shopping in the first place? its going to be noisy and small inside

why not spend 8k on a used accord or avensis and save the 5,5k, your daily commute will be much more relaxing and enjoyable. I hate the small cars for the noise that they all make above 40mph, wind, road or interior noise its kind of exhausting after 30 minutes of driving.

I've driven four different Yarises (Yarii?) and had no issues with any of them. The 1.0 is gutless, the 1.3 wasn't too bad. It's not an exciting car though, it's a box with wheels for people who don't like driving.

If you want a Japanese box I'd recommend the Suzuki Swift. I had a ZC31 Swift Sport and a test drive in a ZC32 and I'm almost certain the non-sport would be much more fun to drive than the Yaris.

Most likely the Avensis is too big for OP is he lives in a city. I live in Barcelona and my Focus is too big to park in some places.

Harsh

This man speaks truth, the Swift is the best choice, although you could look at the Alfa 147 for something with a little more power or diesel.

That sounds fine with me, I enjoy driving but I enjoy much more having a car that's durable and repairs aren't to much to handle. Also the 1.5 engine with 6 gears felt way more exciting than the one in my corsa.

Yeah avensis would be to big, and is the focus really so big you got trouble moving around?

It looks really nice, haven't seen one up close yet, haven't found a suzuki dealership in my area. Though I did hear some complaints from previous model owners though I'm guessing nothing to bad. Do they still run the fiat 1.3 diesel engine??

The 147 came with the indestructible 1.9JTD not a 1.4. They're older so it might be difficult to find one with low KM's

Looks like a nice car. But there's like 0 changes of finding a used one in good condition, with low km and at an acceptable price. And even then who knows how much extra you'd have to pay to fix an older Italian car.

autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/swift/99516/suzuki-swift-vs-toyota-yaris-vs-skoda-fabia

Have a read at that, the Swift is quicker by quite a margin and is more economical due to the lack of weight. Have a test drive in one before you decide on the Yaris.

Went by a Suzuki dealership today to have a look at it. Really nice car and found the gl trim very nice and simple. Gonna test drive it soon. Dealer told me was imported from japan but am not so sure about that.

Informative article, but I would probably go for the 1.2 engine, not the turbo 1.0. And besides speed, hp and torque aren't really my main concerns. Reliability and longevity would be my main concerns as I'd like this car to last me a decent time. I have some worries about Suzuki's quality control and such. Still looking into it though. I like the yaris approach, simple car, no turbos, get you places with no worries. That's more than I could ask for coming from an used Corsa that's beem plaiging me with unreliability problems. Also the hybrid yaris is appealing as it skips road tax and runs efficiently in crowded places. My biggest gripe with it is it only comes in automatic which I've never driven before and also don't like in general as an idea.

why?
For 13k you can get a completely mint condition gt4 st205

For 13k you can get an s2k

For 13k you can get a skyline

why get a shit box econobox hatch that nobody gives 2 fucks about and is literally owned by retards who can't drive
Not to mention in 3 years it will be worth as much as a fucking audi.
Aka 300 eur

Yes, bet it's a great car that goes zoom. Not my cup of tea though but I guess I'm at Veeky Forums asking for options so there's that.