What up Veeky Forums

What up Veeky Forums

Just bought my first bike. Pic related.

Any advice on the following protective gear?

>Jackets
>Pants
>Shoes
>Gloves

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

sweepfashion.com/sweep-bomber-kevlar-reinforced-pilot-jacket.html
sweepfashion.com/sweep-whitehorse-mc-flannel-shirt.html
sweepfashion.com/kevlar-jeans-hoodies/sweep-manhattan-mc-jeans-dark-blue.html
alpinestars.com/products/road/city-and-lifestyle/footwear/j-8-riding-shoe
sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there's a general
but congrats be safe don't live the rest of your life with amputated ankles

dumbfuck redditor

I'll try not to, do you ride?

Can you put the link to the general?

lol suck a dick faggot

>ninja 300

i ride a kawasaki supersport bike (ninja 650) so i can help with tips and advice

nice man what do you recommend?

Yeah, buy a 600. Kevlar and reinforced everything. No high-viz, you fucking queer.

Can you give actual brand recommendations though? There's a shit ton of Kevlar and Reinforced stuff out there that isn't high-viz.

Like should I get this shit? The Dainese Manis D1 Jacket for $450 on RevZilla.

Or maybe this shit? Alpinestars Bionic Tech jacket for $300 on RevZilla

I thought the r3 was the reddit bike

>hi guys I just bought a really fucking expensive and shitty underpowered bicycle that I will torpedo into a ditch with
>also I can't do my own research

>implying theres any difference

No you'll look like a faggot. This is good sweepfashion.com/sweep-bomber-kevlar-reinforced-pilot-jacket.html if you drive somewhere where it gets chilly, this sweepfashion.com/sweep-whitehorse-mc-flannel-shirt.html if it's hot.

Also this if you commute sweepfashion.com/kevlar-jeans-hoodies/sweep-manhattan-mc-jeans-dark-blue.html

these shoes alpinestars.com/products/road/city-and-lifestyle/footwear/j-8-riding-shoe

The most expensive shit isn't magic, might as well get something that you can wear to work and outside motorcycling. You only ride a 300 so don't spend all your money on clothing that makes you look like a character in the Runnin Man.

Yeah, pretty sure you can't ride, fucking cager pussy. And consumer testimonials are part of 'research' you dumb cocksucker.

why are you looking for MX armor lmao

>betaweeb gets an outdoors hobby
>finds clothing to make himself look the most like an epic anime fighter character

My man! Thanks for the pointers! Oh I was about to get the Nolan N87 helmet, so I assume that's a good pick since your cat likes them.

lol I ride a 1200 you retard.

Dude these reccos are awesome I would have never found this shit just googling.

Thanks!

>'I'm alpha as fuck and I got a huge dick, faggot!'
>still argues on Veeky Forums

It's good, that's one thing you actually don't want to cheap out on, a nice, silent and comfy helmet is going to make a lot of your driving experience. Remember to get the reflective visor for it, looks fucking dip.

Before I got an actual good helmet, I had this shitty helmet I bought for driving events where you had to have one on when in the car, was meant for motorcycling but it had horrible aerodynamics, so wearing it while riding a naked was a pain in the neck. After that, I could really see why the helmets cost as much as they do.

Nice man, I'm loving the Sweep stuff.

Love the Alpinestars shoes too, but I don't know if they are that protective?

I think I'm going to go with these boots. They would fit in at work, and Stylmartin is a great brand, the boots are actually made in Italy and not in China like a bunch of shitty stuff.

Think I'll get these Stylmartin Oxford boots.

Alternately, might get these Stylmartin Indian Black boots.

The alpinestars I bought are reinforced at the ankles, so plenty protective. Whatever fits your bill, I personally bought mine because I use my bike to commute during the summer, so the boots needed to be something I can also walk in. Test out some boots, don't order blindly, because you want shoes that are comfortable on your feet and while riding, you don't want the shoe to make your foot feel blind for where the pegs and levers are. Make sure they have reinforced the part you use to shift with.

You know, or you could just go ahead and buy some old black army boots for 60$...
Looks are very close.

>didn't post in /dbt/
>bought a ninja 300 when the 400 is just about to launch
>bought a bike before gear
Fuck off and lurk more

Congrats on the bike but why in the hell would you buy a bike without already having done research on what kind of gear to get along with it? Did you trailer the bike home or did you squid it up?

Hey, I bought my first bike without gear, just squid the thing home in a shitty leather jacket and an old helmet the 150km trip while freezing my balls off. Proceeded to spend a grand on the gear once I knew what kind of stuff looks good on the bike.

Pretty sure most people buy the bike before the gear. You must have been a real winner with your helmet, protection, gloves and shoes and no bike to ride.

Assuming you even ride.

I don't give a fuck about /dbt/. I got a deal on the bike and I took it.

And suggesting buying a brand new bike as your first bike shows you a. don't ride and b. are retarded.

Thanks for the congrats. I did some research on gear, but mostly on bikes. The bike was a steal. It's actually a 2017 300 with ABS that I got for less than $3k. MSRP is like $5.2k. I just went ahead and got the bike and I'd get the gear piecemeal when I could afford it.

I already have a decent helmet, and some other stuff (I've ridden a Piaggio scooter for a long ass time so I'm not totally new to riding).

The bike got dropped off at my house by the seller. Didn't even pay for that.

>buy gear
>pick up motorbike
>ride away
Makes perfect sense you fucking idiot. You're even stupider if you think the 400 won't impact the 300 prices.

Any suggestions where I can get them? Are they reinforced enough for riding? I assume they are, this is actually a great suggestion, as the Stylmartin Oxfords cost $250, fml.

yawn, dude stfu, I don't give a fuck about everything you're saying.

If you want to go buy all your fucking gear before you even have a fucking bike and then spend $6k on a brand new 400cc bike when you've never ridden before, go right ahead man. No one's stopping you.

I'm just going to ride my used 300, buy my gear as I go, and re-sell the 300 if I get tired of it, hopefully making a bit of money, or maybe even breaking even. I could give a fuck man. Do your fucking thing.

Eh, Ebay I guess or some mil surplus shops?
I ride in the older german army boots, they are quite sturdy compared to normal riding boots. They are no match to my alpinestars enduro boots, tho.
They do have the advantage of being way more flexible, so it depends on what you want them for.

That doesn't make it a good idea.

>hopes to make money selling a fucking 300
You obviously can't afford to ride, did you borrow the money from your mum? You also bought the worst 300 class bike.
I changed my mind, stay the fuck away from /dbt/. We don't need another EF shitting up threads.
>I could give a fuck man
You sure do faggot

To be quite honest, with the amount of dumbshit ideas I pull through with throughout an average day, one might start believing in divine intervention.

REDDIT

SPACING

You can get a lot of your investment back on bikes though, usually they don't drop too low. Not sure about a 300 though, after a year or two he might get 2k out of it if he doesn't manage to drop it.

Nah. Unless he ignores all the required maintenance, which I'm sure the previous owner did.

yup

>'From my mum'

Britbong cancer detected.

I ain't trying to make money off the bike. If I make a little profit, good. If I break even, fine. Who gives a shit man? I'm not a fucking used car salesman, flipping cars to make a living. I got a 9 to 5, this money is whatever. It's not gonna make me or break me.

>'You sure do faggot'
Nope, sure don't homo. You're the one that's trolling, buying all his gear before buying a brand new bike, and not adding anything relevant to the convo subject, which was gear recommendations. All you're talking about is how shit my bike is, how shit it's going to be when the 400 comes out, and how I'm a dumbass for not buying $1k worth of gear before having a bike to ride.

wtf is reddit spacing?

This Look at the reddit faggot pretend to know about motorbikes when he just bought babies first bike

Someone didn't get their tendies

My tendies are my business. GBP are on short supply

>Pretty sure most people buy the bike before the gear.
lol no

Gear depends on where you live.

If it's somewhere that gets hot consistently, I'd strongly recommend mesh, and then layering up under/over if/as needed.

>'fucking reddit faggot'
>'babies first bike'

what's your bike you fucking homo? I can just picture you ordering all your gear online, walking around the house like a medieval knight and then getting a ride to the bike store to pick up your first bike, brand new off the rack.

yeah, no, the bike looks good and has less than 3k miles. Like I said, I'll probably make the money back, and if I don't IDGAF. It wouldn't be the first time I wasted money.

Did you mean to reply to me? If so you are fucking spastic.

Yeah, sorry dude, didn't mean you. I meant the britbong.

Where's yours? You could be making it all up.

Fuck off 300 fag

hahaha I'm fucking OP you think I got time to start this thread with no bike just to get gear recommendations?

I'm not that fucking britbong sir lancelot looking mother fucker that walks around his house decked in gear with no bike though lol

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SERIOUSLY???????????? you're talking to me about buying gear before you ride and how I won't make money when I resell my 2017 Ninja with ABS and you're riding that fucking piece of shit??????

HAHAHA fucking britbong homo thanks for the laugh mate. Idgaf what's under the cover that's seriously the ugliest bike I've ever seen

>still no proof of bike
Doesn't matter if I'm lying, but your whole thread is about you buying a bike.

For a jacket, gloves and pants get something that's:
>waterproof
>breathable
>warm and comfy
>has kevlar/armour
For boots:
>waterproof
>ankle support
>steel or hard plastic caps
>comfortable to walk in/shift
If it seems too cheap to be true, it probably is. Try out all your gear before you buy if possible - you'll find that while some boots may be alright to wear, they fucking suck for shifting gears. Anything that's tight/stiff to wear will be uncomfortable and give you less riding feel.

That's a stunt bike user - it's so trashed because the owner actually has some balls when riding it, unlike your ninja which is probably gonna get pussied around because you don't want to void warranty.

They're not the same person dickhead. You don't know what you're looking at. I don't suppose you noticed the bike under the cover either?

No the whole thread is about gear recommendation. Here's your proof homo.

Compare it with what I wrote here:

Bitch.

lol I don't suppose you can read. I said IDGAF about what's under the cover dumbshit.

cut him some slack he just bought his first bike and learned everything ther is to know from reddit.

What the fuck am I looking at here? That's not a picture of a bike.

HAHAHAH you seriously can't figure out what you're looking at???

if you can't decipher ownership from that screenshot you just need to kys asap

that proves i have a bike more than a picture of a ninja dumbshit.

figure it out and then get back to me

I don't read reddit

>some screenshot anyone could have
vs
>bike with bread on hood
Gee, I wonder which one is better proof. Why don't you fuck off back the shithole website you came from

lol edgy af with the reddit comments man. too cool for school

>some screenshot anybody could have

HAHAH you still don't know what you're looking at do you?

What is that screenshot? What does it show?

and then you suggest a picture of my bike with a loaf of bread on it? lmao

um........... u know Veeky Forums is the shithole...... right?

Some blurry as fuck image that you could have stolen of your wife's son. Lurk more newfag

hahaha what is it though???

you don't know yet?

here's another piece of proof because I can tell you're a little fag and don't know shit about ownership of vehicles. the other screenshot was enough, but you're seriously fucking spastic.

Still not seeing a bike. You have all this time to take screenshots but you can't walk outside and take a picture of your bike? Pathetic.

HAHAHAHAH that's because I'm at work now you pussy bitch. You still don't know what you're looking at do you? How old are you? Because you must really be that dumb to not believe i own a bike with proof of insurance and proof of title and registration from the DMV website for the bike that I've been talking about this whole time (a 2017 Ninja with ABS).

But it's cool when I get home I'll take a pic with my ninja with a loaf of fucking bread on it and maybe a book on it too just to make you understand lol

>300
You could have handled a 650, they don't bite too hard.
Jacket
>anything icon
Pants
>scorpion coverts with adjustable knee pads are only ones that fit me nice
Shoes
>any hiking boot that covers the ankle,no soft leather, good support. Otherwise riding boots specially if you want to be a power ranger
Gloves
>anything by a trusted brand that fits well and fits your geographic needs

Thanks buddy. I already own these Icon gloves, and they are great and comfy, but I have a feeling if I take a spill they won't hold up.

My icons are big ass gauntlets, get something better.

>trying this hard to prove to some user that is just having a giggle

You're doing it wrong

>bought first bike
>didnt take pic
hmmmmm

>just having a giggle

pretty sure he was actually that stupid and would only believe ownership if i sent him a pic of the bike with a loaf of bread and a sharpie in pooper

yeah hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i guess i'll just have to go the loaf of bread/sharpie in pooper route when i get home

>getting trigger this easily
if he wasn't just stirring you up he would have posted a bike

you fucked up OP, should have bought a cheap little shitbike like an older 250-500, you're gonna be bored as fuck on that thing in a month or two. thats what happened on my ninja 250, so i bought an R6 after a month of solid riding. small bikes can be fun on curvy roads though.

go to cyclegear or a similar store to see whats most comfortable. what gear you wear depends on how you ride/how much you care about getting fucked up. I wear dickies, air force 1s and a bomber jacket (alpha industries) but i only city ride. if you go on the freeway often I would gear up and get a two piece suit that you can wear over your clothes

Hey man, thanks for the reccos. The ninja was pretty cheap less than $3k. I think I'm only going to city ride too for a while. Cyclegear is a great suggestion.

Air Force 1's seem a little bare though.

If you're only city riding i would just get a jacket and gloves but i mean riding pants and shoes aren't a horrible idea, if you get hit by a minivan at 30 mph you can easily fuck up your knees if you're squidding.

yeah that's not too bad for a newer 300, the DFI will be well worth it. cold starting my old 250 is a bitch

I disagree with "anything icon". Also, hiking shoes are not a terribly good idea, you want something that has reinforced ankle protection and a reinforcement at the shift lever using part. Kevlar-jeans are plenty good and don't make you look autistic if you head out to town.

Uuuuuhhhh aaaaahhhh slurps slurps

>Jacket
Any used good leathers not made in some shithole. Seriosuly, you don't want to find out where the manufacturer cut corners when you're sliding down the freeway. Avoid anything d30 if possible. As an alternative look at Motoport and Aerostitch onesies.
>Helmet
ECE 22.05, SNELL and SHARP at least 3 stars.
>Gloves
Aersotitch, Lee Parks, Held
>Boots
Aerostitch(although I think they might be discontinued), TCX, BMW, Alpinestars. Gore-Tex is good, but always on the warm side.
>Pants
If you decide against buying a one-piece suit your best option is whatever zips to your jacket. A pair of reinforced denim jeans is a nice luxury.

However, if you really have the cash to go and buy a brand new bike as your first I'm going to guess you have enough money to keep your neck and collarbones protected. Check out the BMW Streetguard jacket and pants. In addition to adopting the Alpinestars Street Air tech they have some of the best protectors and textiles in the industry.

avoid anything with laces

>protective gear
pusy

You must not ride anything that goes very fast, huh.

Stay in your lane with your 50cc.

Man these are such great suggestions THANK YOU!!!

I'm going to look into BMW Streetguard. Do you have any brand suggestions for Helmets with those certifications?

BMW systems are some of the best so if you're going to your local dealership might as well try them on. Sometimes they have older generation helmets for much cheaper, which offer more than enough features and almost the same amount of protection as the new ones.
You'll want to try the helmets on so it's just one of the things I wouldn't reccomend buying off the internet.
Check the SHARP website for more information on safety ratings.

sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/

Look at HJC and Shoei Helmets

shoei helmets are underwhelming for the price. They used to be a cheap lid manufacturer and it shows.

Still haven't posted your bike OP? Guess you were just making shit up

I got a project car and intend to get a bike as a back up to get to work if i have to
>wat do to make this happen
like how do i buy a used bike if I dont know how to drive one?
how much should i spend for something to get me from point A to B and it not break down?
Tips? how much will everything cost?
please and thank you blox blox

You should start with Google