Where can I be free to drive around at high speeds where it's safe to do so both legally and without the danger of...

Where can I be free to drive around at high speeds where it's safe to do so both legally and without the danger of pedestrians etc?

It's not fair It seems everyone else's hobby is catered to.

Pic and video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=zvDXlDxMnb4

believe it or not, I drove on the Stuart Highway in outback Australia and managed to get a $1000 AUD speeding ticket.

The track

race track, autocross. are you seriously that stupid?

German autobahns?

>legally
on track
>ilegally but somewhat more safe and fun
on highways during night/mountain passes

Its called a track

Building a race track is expensive and no longer profitable in the US. Noise regulations, 24/7 amberlamps, ppl dying, etc.

Just listen to Ryosuke; stuleeto lacing more exciting anyway.

>C'était un rendez-vous
Paris

i't expensive for me, and not the same as just driving out in the open unconstrained.

>not living in Germany

Is this true I thought they had ended that?

If you cant afford a track day then you can't really afford to drive fast on the street, you absolute fucking mong

Not true if you live away from major cities.

Video game, country in the middle of the night. (With top of the line deer sirens) and pray you don't ditch it

> Gets solution
> Expensive!
So stop being a poorfag, or pick a cheaper hobby.

>not living in the Isle of Man

There's no joy in going fast in a straight line around corners that were constructed to be taken at 400km/h

full day at nearest track for me is £300 half day £200 I have to also have a race licence

fucking beautiful video

Explain?

get a bike it's "safer" than doing in a car
doing it very early in the morning and you shouldn't have any pedestrian and low traffic

Empty roads, few cops, lots of run-out area in case you fuck up (and you have to fuck up to learn)... What needs explaining here?

I figured, juding by the video, that he wants to do it in an urban area/twisty roads

Until you wrap your shit around a tree or land in a ditch.

>not the same
You're right, the track is:
>legal
>without danger of pedestrians
What you want is:
>none of the above

he probably want to feel the danger
speeding in a "safe" place isn't really exiting
track are different because you're pushing your limits and because you're racing

Then he'd better learn to do it in the boonies and grow some testes before doing it in places like that.

Better than sliding into a minivan and killing kids on their way to a birthday party... at least it's only you who dies.

Did any madman try to recreate this in the 21st century?

Early weekend mornings/super late at night on weekdays. It's all about being off of the normal schedule, and then almost anywhere is relatively safe for shenanigans. The farther away from cities and suburbs you go the better it gets, search out those remote back roads and twisty mountain passes, that's where to drive fast. While still not legal, your chances of encountering a cop are slimmer if you go far away from people.

My thoughts exactly

Oh definitely - but if he was smart enough to realise that he wouldnt be here asking stupid questions

Then you run into wildlife lmao. Its the risk you run
>relatively safe well lit streets, but police
>Empty roads, no traffic but there could be a moose around any corner

Not yet, maybe in a few years.

Most of the Autobahn has no speed limit, there are some parts where there is a limit, but it's mostly parts where it would be really dangerous, plus you can't really drive 260km/h forever, at some point you usually want "a break".

Won't happen. German autogroups would never allow it

A ticket can be way cheaper than a day on track

>Until you wrap your shit around a tree or land in a ditch.

>buy $800 shitbox
>spend month getting comfortable driving it
>gradually push the limit every day on my way to work in the early morning
>can drive it like a madman in no time at all
>after learning car, spend days off driving fast on more roads, but not too fast
>gradually up the pace for 2 months

>at this point, driving balls to the walls every morning on familiar rout to work
>hooning the shit out of car on days off on familiar roads
>hooning it, but not hooning it as hard on not as familiar, but still familiar roads

>give it balls to the walls hooning for a month or so
>get more than 2k track days worth of experience for the cost of $800
>+ $200 for speeding ticket, and another $200 for towing if I fuck up
vs
>$2,000.00+ worth of track days

>$2,000.00+ worth of track days
and that's being generous.
It's more like $5,689.57 worth of track days, and that's still making it a little light.

top gear or tgt

>live in bestonia
>autocross does not exist since track days and race entry are cheap
>and require no safety gear but a helmet

you have to be a muslim in paris to pull this off

See
>So stop being a poorfag, or pick a cheaper hobby.

>Tripfag
Kys

What would be a good car to drive like this is the city?
This is basically what I do but with my bike.

What if there aren't any tracks? My closest one is several hundred miles away and doesn't reopen until April

>strap camera on Mercedes
>drive 10 over
>speed up footage
>dub Ferrari engine and tire squeals
>40 years later mongs still fawn over it

You are forgetting parts ($800 shitbox isn't going to run like new), gas, insurance (+increase after $200 ticket), tires, etc.

Hope it's a tree and not a person as well so you don't wind up in jail getting bent over.

You realize this guy is at best going 10-15 mph over posted right? The speed effect comes from the super low position of the camera and the overdubbed performance engine noises.

Hell, you can drive like this anywhere with anything...

it's not even close to track driving. have fun pretending

literally what the fuck

>open speed limits scrapped because of environmental or safety reasons
>autobahn loophole closed
>now every car has 160kph speed limiter
>acceleration is now limited to 0.15G (0.3G in "emergency situations")
>fuck if i know how software recognizes "emergency situations"
>LKA, ACC, AEB, ABS, TC, ESC, EBD, are always on are cannont be turned off. only if you can some closely guarded "dyno keys"
>dyno keys actually allow them to be turned off for maximum of 3 minutes and engine needs to be fully turned off
>trying to remove speedlimiter is now federal crime, it and fucks your ecu, blows embedded fuses
>ayy goyim see you don't need more than 145HP for your leased CUV

you won't be getting a ticket, you'll be going to jail

Holy fuck, Europe sounds like a hell hole.

false the vw phaeton is designed to do 260+ km/h continuously

Empty road in Mexico

>it's not even close to track driving.
>I'm too much of a pussy bitch to push my car's limits on the streets

i mean i wouldn't be surprised if it would be course of action after open speed limit after scrapped in germany

however:
>-from april 2018 every car is required to support european version of GPS and "automatically call" "911" in event of crash
>-from 2020 engines will be required to emit no more than 150% (of current emision limits) in any given time
>-engine literally shuts if scr fails
>-in germany they supposedly have hyper-spectral cameras to detect if truckers run without def/scr
>-at least in my country there have been reports that availability of public buses was

Then move somewhere where there are tracks