[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Cool kids club (although the Fireblade's missing) edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

Kidnapper's guide to /dbt/:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
No Grom:
cycle-ergo.com

Gotta start somewhere:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuzOuBPuZVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

supersports aren't sport bikes

Where to buy jacket

Right. They are cafe bikes
>looks like a race bike but is street legal

remember when suzuki was good?

I got mine off revzilla, but go to a cycle gear shop near you and try a bunch on first.

sport tourers arent sportbikes

what bikes have decent ten-speed transmissions that will operate well on a ~500cc engine? kawasaki trail boss bikes have those 10 speed transmissions, but I feel it would destroy itself on a much larger engine.

Daily reminder that sports bikes are better offtoad than dual sports and 70/30s are better than knobbies on rough trails, and if you disagree you're retarded.

>10 speed transmission

Bonneville bobber black edition or a fat bob?

Im leaning heavily towards the bonneville with loaded options since its cheaper than the harley, but god damn, I just don't know what the fat bob has that hypnotizes me.

Z900RS

What is the point where that stops being the case?

Early 2000s?

hi-low range transmissions. the Honda CB900 for example uses one. They're uncommon it seems, but theres a kawasaki 100 with one in my area for $200 and I may grab it if it will operate on a larger engine that I can mate to it.

I meant the exact jacket

>Z900RS

sexy but I like more the bobber and the bob

why obsess over the number of gears a transmission has?

Why would you want this though?

Even a 250 doesn't really need more than six gears if the ratios are decent.

Also I doubt a gearbox designed for a 100cc engine will handle the torque of an engine with a much larger displacement.

Any time after the K5 gixxer

The dual range boxes on almost all motorcycles that have them including that Kawasaki are built into the engine crankcase. They don't really get you much except on tinybikes like the Hondas which came with them and that Kawasaki Trail Boss or whatever. I suppose you could saw off the transmission and do something with it if you have a full machine shop, but a bigger engine would just break it.

my engine red line is 3600rpm. 10 speed will get the most power out of it. yeah, it was a bit of a pipe dream.

I'll have to find a bigger transmission to work with, anything from 8 to 12 might be suitable though.

What?

what, what?

mid 2000's specifically the 2007 emissions regulations nerfed all bikes, 600's died that year, and every manufacturer had to tack on 20+lbs of emissions equipment, suzuki then didn't really do much until now with the new 17 gsxr 1000, and didn't go far enough with it to surpass the other big four, particularly kawasaki and yamaha with their 2 year old models. suzuki was only able to catch up for the most part.

focus less on the number of gears and look at the overall difference in gear ratios. Some 6-speeds for example only have the top gear about twice as tall as first gear, while some 4-speeds have a top gear over 3x as tall.

that will kind of be the case for any transmission I mount to this. the drivesahft will likely need some modifications to get it to work.

I hear CVTs are simpler answers to low rpm engines, but you lose top-speed and fuel economy with them.

>it's the Mexican-chink obsessed with diesel engines again
Just get a taller front sprocket

even if my red line is so low? I'd really prefer to be operating it at around 2800 or 3000 so I don't blow the fucker up. I'll consider this though, thanks mate.

you lovelies keep me going. that's part of the equation already, but I may go with above user's suggestion. I'd just rather avoid a CVT because it's boring.

just got my honda magna in today.

also bike transmissions aren't generally swappable. They are built into the engine cases.

>My redline is > 12k rpm

I remember when Suzuki was synonymous with powerful engines, not unlike BMW has become with the S1000RR.

What is bringing them down, though? Are they still hurting from the '08 economical crisis? Do they have incompetent leadership?

heh, yeah that fact always generates some flak.

>Tfw redline starts at 8k, but peak torque is at 8500 and peak power at 9500 and it don't stop until 12k
T-thanks mama aprilia

You have 10 seconds to explain why you haven't made your own comfy wicker sidecar

no parasol and floppy lace hat gf

No friends, no gf.

the gsxr1000 makes over 200hp. how is that not a powerful engine?

I don't have a dogger to go on comfy summer rides with.

You're clueless, lol.

You can just get a mannequin. If people look at you weird while carrying your mannequin in a floppy lace hat, just say it's for your wicker sidecar

wicker sucks and so do sidecars

It makes 199 at the crank.

I never thought of it until now.

The engines they make are still powerful.
Its the whole package that is suffering.

Wish I took a better pic of that setup

>rebbit things

They should have been like the only bike maker that still refuses tc and abs as an option.

>your chariot awaits, m'lady

shit yes

what helmet is that

Sure, it's powerful but it doesn't have the same impact the K5 had. Nobody is really talking about the L7 the way they were talking about the BMW a few years ago, VVT or not.

Might go to the GP on Qatar. Comfy night race.

If they had, they'd have been able to spend more money on refining their designs but would've risked losing the share of the market that are interested in rider aids.

Maybe that would've been the right choice. We won't ever know.

dildo brand dildo

Do you think its too little too late? It had been like 8 years since they updated the 1000.

I know if I were looking for a literbike, I wouldn't be seeking a suzuki.

Dope. Take pictures.

Not to mention the other brands have special editions of their litre bikes like the r1m. What does Suzuki have?

That is what makes me nervous. In theory the new engine with variable valve timing should be future proof for the next five years or so provided that another S1000RR leap doesn't come around.

But if Suzuki just sits on it's ass for the duration of this generation, or God forbid for a good chunk of the next one, then they will be fucked for sure. Even Yamaha was starting to get a bad image because the previous gen R1 was lingering around too long, remember that!

>we benchracing economics now.
suzuki is not struggling.

All the drz sales are keeping them afloat

clearly frequently updating their bikes isn't an issue then

I hurt myself today. Got a little light scratch on the muffler and bump on muh knee.

>I hurt myself today
Did you see if you still feel?

Sorry man that sucks
Be safe

>/dbt/ goes on an adventure.

Lol this guy is reddit not dbt

I mean if its in the dirt its kinda going to happen but if was street sorry bro. My volcano ride I made it out with a sprained thumb and sore legs. The bike got scratches and a crack from hitting the bash plate on rocks going over.

You should see him in Mexico. Afraid and complaining 90% of the time. Kek.

The trail / road I was on got a bit steep and full of loose shit and ruts in one spot and I'm a bit of an off road noob always owned street bikes.

Post Kings

will dbt resist the bait?

Mini turbo on RS125?
Trying to build the fastest road legal 125 I can, also plan on using for impromptu races. (Don't tell me to get a bigger engine, 125 is superior)

no liter no peter

>Mini turbo on RS125?

>not knowing difference between tanned Italian and a Mexican.
Pic me as child

Saw some guy break 120mph relatively stock and want to feel superior.

is there anything smaller than grom on cycle-ergo?

Dont worry about scratches on dual sports. No one goes offroad without droping the bike once in a while.
Also, ALWAYS wear kneepads when offroading.

>don't have rider aids
>can't sell bikes in yuropistan anymore
Their v twin is pretty much dogshit, the apr v twins (750 ones) are much better. The 650's might have been better with a rotax engine that doesn't starve the rear cylinder of oil on the mildest of wheelies

I promised boring webms and here they are. I wish my mirrors folded in easier like sport bikes

>Lol this guy is reddit not dbt

@1:15:52
Well, you were right after all, user.

>muh potato sound
>muh 400 bucks work boots
>muh pushturd engine
Yeah nah

Well to be fair they do offer the standard GSXR-1000 and the GSXR-1000R...iirc they also offering a BNG version too:

see

Smooth desu

>Fun Fact:

Harley isn't actually a motorcycle company. They are an image company that just happens to sell motorcycles with their coffee mugs and t-shirts.

What is your body position supposed to be like when you're at full tuck (i.e. chest against gas tank)?

The backs of my hands are pressed against my shoulders and it's pretty uncomfortable. Do I just get a bigger bike or what.

this is schmexy

Why fold the mirror? Why didnt you just turn the handlebar?

For a couple grand more you get so much more shit on the R and for some reason I’ve never seen one advertised. Have only ever seen base model gsxr getting around.

this must be bait

So use your local shop as a place to handle all the merch, look around, don't buy anything, then leave and purchase online.

Take a nice dump in the toilet while your there too and don't flush.

they are all really wringing out the potential from these 1000cc motors, most are pushing around the same 200ish crank hp, but that is breathing through these cigarette filter exhausts, while being a reliable road going bikes which also means noise regulations and not having the biggest cams that are unstreetable. Suzuki specifically has a good bike in the new 1000R with the variable cam shafts offering huge range of power, and a bike that responds to mods well, though it needs mods, It's just not the jump to the lead that suzuki needed. The liter bike category has always been a game of leap frog with all of the companies having their brief moment at the front every few years, it's just that suzuki landed square in the middle of the pack this time, and not at the head like it needed.

Suzuki not only dropped the ball on product, they made selling the stupid things so hard that lots of dealers gave up. We had three Suzuki dealers in the area for over 30 years. Now we have zero.

Good luck finding a supercharger small enough for a 125.

tell me moar how did they make it so hard user?

Don't they make their stuff so easy to finance that even niggers and shitskins buy them?

600's and powersports in general took a huge dive during the recession and still have not fully recovered. Sales from 06-07 dropped off like 35% or some shit. Sales in current year are still not at the level they were in the mid 2000's. Some specific machines are hot, but the industry as a whole is still climbing out.

Only real bright spot is UTV's cuz boomers with land got money.