/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>Christmas cake edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Spoon vs Mugen
youtube.com/watch?v=I6aUbNrRjKI

>Massive pothole
youtube.com/watch?v=lDSXYrbl8Zg

>Help user
youtube.com/watch?v=_h0n9JsNnEU

>Turbo Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=Skq1mPYHsbw

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=YcL7D_Ahyao

>NSX Contribution
youtu.be/MIPoxg0wJLk

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/4th-gen-honda-civic-1991/6484718199.html
bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-honda-civic-dx-15/6481274479.html
portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/crx/6452986164.html
eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/86-honda-crx-si/6457572282.html
salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-honda-accord/6468167926.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-honda-accord/6486638034.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

ITBs are so fucking hot

I think I've got a fetish for this color

/hg/- tahitian teal edition

Is that car running manual brakes, or is the booster hidden behind the firewall somewhere? I dont see any obvious vacuum connections, might be running an aux vacuum pump maybe?
isnt it Tahitian green pearl?

manual brakes. I've got the same kit sitting in a box that I got on trade. I'm not putting them on because manual brakes suck. the color of my valve cover is just called tahitian teal according to the powercoatstore site

>oh man my next car has to be a hatchback what if my job needs me to get drywall or plywood
>for four months i never thought of a roof rack
im not the sharpest nihga

albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/4th-gen-honda-civic-1991/6484718199.html

Remember to rust control your car with WD40 or krown.

parked next to an LC yesterday at amoeba

man look at that price gap

Happy Mardi Gras /hg/

>$250 for a B16 with a car attached to it

D E A L

LC is a work of art for sure. I saw a new Camry up close today and those look great too. Damn shame there's no manual. I'd get the Accord just for that.

>I saw a new Camry up close today and those look great too
Can't say the same for the Avalon. Damnit Toyota, I was just kidding about the black plastic

If the seller knows what kind of motor is in it, then he probably knows how much it's worth. Since it's $250* I'm willing to wager that it burns oil.

* 250 + tax + fees + cuomo tribute + israel tribute + plate cost

Yeah that looks super retarded. They're pretty hit and miss. Like this thing.

>Today we must remind Veeky Forums

I parked my 96 corolla next to the new Accord. The new accords look really good up close and personal

I got a few looks at them and like them. First images were kind of weird though.

Can't wait to be a piece of shit and see how my car is lowered.

Here's a story

>Stepdads coworker has a civic that's overheating
>Takes it to a mechanic, tells him blown headgasket, $1000 quote
>Parks it, gets rides to work
>Stepdad tells me about it, guy will take $500 for it
>I agree to buy it, it'll be a fun project for us
>We go pick it up on a car dolly yesterday
>Leave it at my mom's house, gonna work on it next weekend since I'm moving this weekend
>Meanwhile, stepdad and mechanic uncle go over it last night, checking everything and refilling fluids
>Get a call this morning that the car is running perfectly
>Only thing they can find is a small oil leak
>tfw got a perfectly running Civic for $500

We're gonna put it on ramps and see if we can find the oil leak, but other than that it just needs a good detail job. From the maintenance records in the glovebox, dude had spent ~$1500 in October getting new wheels and tires, and ball joints and shit replaced. My stepdad says he feels bad cuz he feels like we cheated the guy.
It is a 2001 Civic Ex sedan, automatic. I prefer coupes and am thinking about just flipping it.

fukkin lucky
but than again the mechanic was just quoting off the top of his head. I've heard those gens are always quoted for head gaskets because of coolant and oil loss

I would 100% give it back to the previous owner. That's a pretty shitty thing to consider keeping it.

He already went and bought another car yesterday, though. And I signed the title and crap when we picked it up. It's not like we knew it wasn't broken, I was kinda looking forward to taking the head apart

MOST

Still waiting on insider info on that Honda lair.

Saw this for sale and immediately recognized it. I remember seeing the ass of it in around 2014. I showed up there to buy my old Civic sedan for $900. It was parked in the background and the EF was sitting in his shop.

I posted a pic of the EG8 to let him know it's still kickin. It's a small world.

It's surprising what $250 can get you. A 1984 CRX DX with a litany of spare parts including three spare engines, three transmissions, a set of bumpers, two extra doors, extra spoiler, extra radiator fan, etc.... There's a ton.

She really, really needs some front headlight housings and corner markers/lenses, they're just toast

this is trashed (the other side is worse, it was eaten by the wheel when it broke off)

every single bolt hole is broken on the headlight trim :/

Damn your area seems to be a nice spot for Honda shit. Badass find.

nobody gives a fuck about 1G/3G stuff here in Northern California. Literally no one. It's all the Vietnamese building 3rd gen Integras and the spics building EG hatches.

The only better place is up in Oregon; not a single FUCK is given for those things. Take a look at this shit:

bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-honda-civic-dx-15/6481274479.html

portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/crx/6452986164.html

eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/86-honda-crx-si/6457572282.html

salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-honda-accord/6468167926.html

what's the general consensus on preludes? i love the look of 97-99 models and want one as my first daily, should i be aware of anything?

That's crazy. One day I'd like to take a plane or something to a car I want and drive it home. Would be a great road trip.

They like to burn oil but that's all I hear about which isn't a big deal. The H22 is a top notch engine and is overengineered to never die. Check the Boostedboiz YouTube channel. They have two Prelude engines making 700hp each.

Any homies getting sideways?

Hey 2gen brothers how do i get my headlights flush?

I got two taco Bell trays yesterday, that's about it.

>POWERFUL

These tints are cheep af and work pretty good. Would recommend it to fellow cheap ass. Car is going back to the shop tomorrow for brakes and oil change.

I dislike that image

It's a good colour.

Unless it's a geo metro or an 80s car no one cares about you can't find deals like that where I live.

>found a gen 5 hatch for a certain amount of money
>can afford it but it needs a new timing belt
>can buy it plus a new belt
>will have to change it by myself
>gonna be my first car
>never done anything car related work before

Do you think I can do it by myself? I watched a guide on youtube.

Those Hondas are built like Legos, get yourself a chitons manual and you can do anything yourself.
Go for it

All we need is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th and 5th gen civic in silver w/ black hood and we can start a gang

should i get a 2013 manual civic with 50k for aprox 15k in southern ontario? before gas/insurance

21/yo male, clean record, driving school, have bene licensed since 16

uber vehicle

>go to sell my truck
>everyone and their dog wants to trade for a civic

actually.. 13k. civic ex sedan,

I don't know your market in Ontario but that's a 11k car here in virginia. Definitely try to get the price down.

Got some new fog lights on the Prelude, I love them. They're amber

Why are K20's so damn fast? Yesterday I bought a stripped K20 EK3 with a 4-1 header and 3" exhaust. Tuned with doctronics ecu... this thing is fucking insane.

I thought my B16 EG was fast but it's a turd compared to that K20a2 holy shit.

Anyone else here K series in the "wrong" chassis?

>tfw got a boner from this

;_;

word, i probably would try

are they reliable? im good with basic maintenance and can easily upkeep the simple stuff (oil breaks tires dif coolant etc etc all that shit)

they had a problem with the factory batteries dying prematurely due to how the ELD system operates.

It's only a matter of time until people realize K20As are basically a straight drop into any 7th gen and the few remaining skyrocket in price

I'd rather drive a K20Z EM2 than an EM1.

How come? Would the EM1 double wishbone improve handling over the EM2?

Weird i thought the south had high demand in trucks still.

K20s are too expensive to do that still.
Em2s aren't uncommon down where I live but no one wants to stick a k20 in a one since they still aren't cheap enough.

Em2 has a lot more space if I recall.

Hardly, it's got slightly better rear seat room, and more trunk space, but it's the same size as the EM1

Might paint my rusty shit calipers red, am I about to make a mistake? It's a Milano EP3 CTR

so just buy a new battery? doppeee ez to install or is it covered up with dumb shit

where did you buy them?

>chitons manual
Or Haynes, those work 80% of the time 95% of the time
go it

howd you wire that up?

It's like car manufacturers are competing to see who can have the largest blindspots

>Be Honda
>"Shit, our vehicles are so modern we can't "innovate further
>Hey, if we can create a problem, we can sell lane watch as the solution"
>ugly ass crossovers occur

Bought a 4th Gen 94 prelude on Saturday for cheap, buts it's H23. Did I fuck up

Can't wait to drive it tho its in the shop for a cv boot but looking online I'm second guessing the engine that I just signed myself up to

We like them.
4WS or ATTS can cause problems

Nah i need to re adjust my handbrake

Where is it not flush?

Get an automatic corolla instead. City driving isn't good for the clutch

Prep it properly before painting

>paying for it before the day you drive it home

>tfw bumper pounded by rocks over 31 years

Me too

They're just Harbor Freight amber ones. Cheap stuff, but they're pretty good for the price

Ran the main wire through an improperly sealed hole in the firewall, connected it to the switch inside the car. Grounded the lights to the horn bolts, and ran the wire for the left light through the bumper and to the connector next to the right light. Connected the power wire to the battery, and ran that wire through the same firewall hole. It works very well

thats no way to run plug wires

this is a bad take

I did a thing. Friend got hit by a truck so we jumped in the hatch to find replacement parts.

Lucky for him, one of the 6 or so XV30 Camrys matched his car and had both the door and fender. Not perfect, but it doesn't need to be. Just functional.

>switched back to clear corners finally

I much prefer this look. They look really nice combined with the black Denjis.

>coming back from work
>gauges get much dimmer all of a sudden
>owo what's this
>everything else seems to work fine

My googlefu indicates a blown fuse. Should this be it?

I did drive it home, but it's at a friends house coz he knows someone who can do the safety certificate

Mileage?
Price?
Trans?
Pics?

engine fans were throtting every couple minutes at idle, me thinks more coolant

Either that or a bad connection somewhere.

225k kms
$1600 aud
Manual coz I'm not retarded

Man, I love the look of those preludes

Eh it's my least favorite of them not to say I don't still like it.
I like the headlights but the hood to bumper reminds me of a more modern Toyota for some reason.

Yeah, it definitely has a Camry or E11 look to it, almost Celica. I guess that's what draws me to it. You can take the dipshit out of the smashed Toyota, but you can't take the Toyota out of the dipshit.

I used to hate the look of the 4th gen prelude, but now it's really grown on me
The interior is WAY cooler and way better than the 5th gen as well because of that cool instrument cluster that stretches all the way across the dashboard

My ideal non third gen would be a combo.

>4th gen front
>4th gen interior
>5th gen rear

There's a red 3rd gen prelude knocking about, but they guy who owns it is running it into the ground, it's got a massive rust hole in the trunk and I'm too scared to look at the rockers.
>and it's his second one

Honestly the interior is my favorite part of the early preludes. 5th is heading twords accord territory.
Idk I like 4th gen rear. I'd probably take 5th/3erd front, 4th interior, center body of 5th with 4th rear.

I see only two types of preludes. Rust buckets and ones that were saved by whatever means. Don't see riced ones really.

>change lanes to go past ricer mk6 golf doing 10 under
>gently accelerating in 5th
>stayed right next to him for a good 4-5 seconds staying in 5th applying more accel gradually while he downshifts and puts his foot to the floor before he began to speed away
>didn't hit vtec the entire time because 5th gear
My old Integra might burn oil, have less than average paint, squeak and rattle, but I bonded with it today. It's never let me down. I hope you and your Honda have a good day too /hg/.

And in 5 years that me everyone's gonna cry that 3rd gens are $8000, forgetting that they went through them like yuppies with handbags

3erd are 500$ here
3k for 5 is an ad on my Craigslist.
None run i assume.

No preludes for sale here at all
Usually go for $3-5k when they do

You did good user

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-honda-accord/6486638034.html
should I jump on it as a daily for a year or two while I find something nice?

Beware: you might get attached

Knowing the amount of drug usage here, likely to be attacked too.

245k on it, anything else I should ask in the email?

You should ask what the >quirks are