Japanese cars are only good when it comes to drivetrain reliability

Japanese cars are only good when it comes to drivetrain reliability.

>bad quality thin tuna can metal exteriors
>Dent very easily
>Bad rust protection
>bad quality interior plastics that will rattle quickly
>Always designed after European models

Europeans cars are more durable provided you take care of them, since durability is not just about
the engine.

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/how-reliable-is-your-car-here-s-the-breakdown-1.1315815
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah but are more complicated, more expensive, and (at least here in the ass of the world)he parts are rare

>mfw always wanted to buy Mazdaspeed3
>mfw see pics like in op

Well which do you prefer? Dent on a body panel or fucked drivetrain on your DD?

WHAT IS MAKING SHIT UP FOR $500 ALEX

Yeah I know, Japanese cars are great for non-luxury entries. But True Luxury Automobiles can only be really made by those who invented it

>>mfw always wanted to buy Mazdaspeed3
Why? they're solidly meh-tier cars, and mazdas of that era are very rust prone.

On my daily beater, of course dent on a body panel. But If I am purchasing a Luxury car, I'd like to have a nice sturdy feeling vehicle with materials built to last, even if it comes at the cost of a few warranty repairs

Well, I want some a bit more exciting and affordable daily commuter than my old 1.4 shitbox eurospec Corolla E11.

>Europeans cars are more durable provided you take care of them

Yeah but is a car really durable if it needs $5k in maintenance a year and $500 oil changes?

>1.4
In your dreams m80, you cheaped out by buying the 4E-FE, now bear it like a man. Call it like it is, 1.3 shitty liters.

>Japanese car
>Complicated
Wot, they're basic ass shit

Euro cars are more complicated. Reading comprehension.

>tfw live in california so rust in never an issue
only good things about this state

Those plastics last and Lage a lot better than the plastics used by VW. Don't even start on gm and ferd.

Also
>What is Acura
>What is Infiniti
>What is Lexus

All have materials other than plastics, don't rattle with age, and last longer than German shit. Drive train too

Reeeeeeeee

Yeah, 1,3 4EFE. It's not that shit as a daily and I never had any major issues with it but I drive it for 9th year already. So I guess I deserve something better, r-right?

I've been in Lexus cars, everything that looks like metal, is actually painted plastic, unlike most European luxury brands.

Its crazy how good the Acura Legend has held up over time.

>put a million miles on a german car
>it gets celebrated like the return of jesus christ

Meanwhile a million miles on a Japanese car is just an everyday occurrence at this point. Note the lack of body rust or dented panels on this LS400.

I've been in 20-year-old Lexus cars and the interior is as quiet as it was 20 years ago. Not something you can say about most european cars

Well E11s are awesome dailies, owned one for about 8 years now. I'm sorry I was so hard on you man, I mean, the car can't help it, I don't know what got over me... I hope you can forgive me.

4E-FTE is a pretty sexy swap for you though. Too broke to pop a 4A-GE into mine, prices are pretty insane for one over here.

> LS400

Fucking this,
"Superior European quality" is translation for "muh badge"

That being said, I hate most japanese luxury cars because they usually dont look good aesthetically.

...also dont get me started on Lexus and their hourglass grill bullshit

Japs may get good enough, but Euros have always, and will always be the best at quality

Because dented panels equal a poor quality car.

Volvos are pretty much the only decent euro car

Also has to do with that guy changing his oil literally every two weeks.

What I am noticing however is the misaligned hood. Also there is in fact a dent in the corner of the bumper.

Not anymore, they became increasingly lackluster during the Ford years, and the Geely years are still too young to judge. Buying a Volvo introduced after 2000 is like buying a Mercedes introduced after 1990.

No need to excuse, I always expect the worst on the Veeky Forums. 4EFTE is pretty rare here. All Starlets here have only 4EFE's and engine swaps are usually pain in the ass to get officialy approved.

Friend of mine has Mazdaspeed 3 2nd gen as his 'fun car' to his Skoda Superb and it felt like a Corolla with huge gains and on steroids.

The other fun car is the Clio 182 but there's this shitty french car aura that is hard for me to get through.

Then what did you have in mind? VAG is pretty much a prank nowadays, BMW is the apple of cars, Merc is "Now a free automatic with every car" and I don't believe you think PSA / Renault has any quality to make up for the others...

Forgetting about Mercedes and BMW?

my 21 year old German shitbox is more quiet than most 2010+ japanese cars

;^)

>Lexus that high

Bullsheeeeeeeeeeeeiiitt.

2014 bmw costs $10 to maintain? hply shit

VAG has transcended the prank and has firmly entered the realm of social experiments via gassing people and other monkeys.

My 91 mimi has no rust. Doors still feel strong, good construction. Rattles and squeaks, yes. But mostly due to the soft top mechanisms. Cheap plastics, yes. But everything else is pretty solid.

UK I presume, I heard horror stories about engine swaps being pretty much considered satanic rituals by the government over there.

You read my mind dude, been looking for a Clio RS but I'm kinda scared away by the impending maintenance costs coming with a french car. I used to have a Twingo which (somehow) became a money sink before I sold it for like 200 euros, fucker just wouldn't idle properly, and I kept finding faults in the OBD system. Must've been the famous electric baguettes the French use in their car.

That's very low for a luxury brand.

Actually, Volvos are very reliable, they used to top the actual warranty claim surveys, you know the kind of surveys that are based on actual data instead of stupid consumer reports.

irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/how-reliable-is-your-car-here-s-the-breakdown-1.1315815

rebadged toyota is not luxury

Don't blame them man, they're just trying to return to their roots.

>benz and jaguar more reliable than Lexus
jdm cucks btfo

I have a feeling RHD Jaguars are more reliable than LHD ones, something about the half-assed conversion done by lazy bongs can't be good

Honda above toyota

BMW and Saab shills forever exposed.

Nah, Czech Republic here. Were pretty much ancap country in many ways but some bureaus here are trying to be more saint than the Pope himself.

I ride Yamaha MT09 too and I had to take down the EU-certified Akrapovic exhaust and swap it for the stock can before the MOT because those retards on the tech inspection told me it doesn't match the model pictures from their database.

holy shit i'm so glad i live in a 3rd world baltic shithole.
pretty much all mods are legal and taxes and insurance is dirt cheap
i'm a poorfag student and i can easily afford the maintenance, taxes, insurance, petrol on a 4.4 liter v8 bmw

The Balts don't seem like a shithole.

You can't even put stickers on the windshield in Spain.

The moment you dare to undo a bolt on your car the neighbours start complaining to the police over here. Even though you're doing it on your own soil. Baltics sound pretty much like a paradise to me.

And a liter of petrol is 1.65 euro here, insane.

what materials are built to last on a modern german car?

the plastic water pump impellers?
lmao

I have a 2012 Lancer SE AWD and have lived in Michigan since I bought that car new. Literally zero rust, Barely any surface rust on the muffler even.

Take care of your cars and wash salt off them

what german car has plastic water pump impellers?

Nah man, the plastic distribution chain guides. Guaranteed to break, just after the warranty period. And if they don't the chain just stretches itself to bits.

>SE
lmao why get the worst version of it?

Insurance here in Czech is also dirty cheap - I pay about 50€ for the Corolla and slightly more for the Yamaha.

Petrol here costs about 1.1€ per litre.

It's just the bureau whitecollars generating the choking atmosphere.

50€ per year?
my friend used to insure his audi a4 1.8T cabrio for 38 euros per year here

Sadly my bmw

>I'm not 20yo
>AWD because of snow
>I don't hoon
>dat 37mpg
>transmissions are so cheap they are almost free, But again...Don't hoon so I'll likely never need another

When you grow up, You'll understand

Dude... I pay € 70 monthly to insure my 110 hp corolla e11. Fuck this country

I can't imagine purposely buying a slow car.

I can't imagine being this stupid and being over 16 years old somehow.

When you actually get a real job instead of flipping burgers, A house, A wife, and a kid or two after age 30 you'll realize your whole life isn't driving like a prick in a riced out Honda.

its not modern though.
plastic water pumps were last used in 1990's bmws

Yeah, 50€ per year. I could probably go even lower but it's nothing for a year.

Also the cheaper insurances can be unreliable to some degree, such as not fulfilling the contract, etc...

What country are you from

The united caliphate of the Netherlands.

Tfw I got NIPPED
My 4 year old Honda 125 is rusty as anything but my 42 year old reliant has barely any rust on it.

>UK
>Anything considered satanic by government related to cars

M80 we have road legal beds and sheds and sofas here.

You're the undisputed leaders in cheap, "road legal", fast "cars".

In 3 years time span. New BMWs work fine... till the warranty is gone.

Then it's all downwards from there.

old nissan bluebirds are like fucking tanks

You know that luxury Japanese cars use galvanized steel and e-coats so they don't rust like normal shitboxes right?

>live in a shithole
>car rusts away
who
would
have
guessed

isnt drivetrain reliability all that matters in the end if the purpose of a car is to drive around

That shed is road legal, not "road legal".

What is bad about VAG, have gen 3 ea888 1.8t and want to properly prepare my anus :c

Jap cars are good for the same reason Russian cars are good. They're shit, but they're too simplistic to fail.

>capitalizing "luxury"

>t. never driven a russian car

Have you?

>Vtec, VVTL + Supercharger
>Simple
Choose one

Mazda hasn't had rust issues since like 2009/2010

Mazda is good2go tbqh

European cars have parts failing all the time, parts that are not consumables that require changing after a certain millage.

The Jap cars for the most part don't have you replacing shit that is not on the manual.

as the owner of a swift and a VW that were produced and sold around the same time this is unfortunately true.

Cars in general from that period of time suck. The 00's were a bad decade for cars.

Pontiac Master Race

even then vw is indestructible where as you only look at swift sideways and it will dent and rust.

This shit triggers me more than anything else with government oppressing people. Honestly when they do things here like ban guns in certain areas it pisses me off but the moment they become big brother and fuck you over for changing a component on your own vehicle is the moment I start shooting.

The reason the US is getting so cucked is because those that we fought to break away from are materializing once again on our own soil.
We used to be a nation of rebels and patriots, but with so much immigration and ease of living we have become a nation of young rebels™ who would let the government fuck them up the ass if it provided extra """"security"""""

We either fix this now politically or later by force, that is the only hope that we don't become another communist dystopian shithole by 2035.

>Bad rust protection
literally only a problem for amerifats on the rust belt, the rest of the civilized world doesn't have rust issues

It's only a problem if they don't wash their cars. With the amount of salt they spread on the roads here. If left unwashed anything will rust.

Also, I've leased 2 mazda 3's and just purchased a new mazda 3 and I've not had any issues with rust and they've all remained uncovered outside and have all dealt with salt well.

That said, Mazda seems to really have taken a turn for the better because I do see a lot of beat up older Mazdas with rust. But then I look at the driver and realize they don't take care of their car and usually it's full of filth and cigarette butts inside. Pretty much the same as any rust bucket.

majority of europe gets salted roads except for the shit parts of it

Would you prefer a suzuki Swift made in Japan over a Toyota Yaris made in France?

Finnish master race here, we fine ground gravel, never have rust issues

Yaris made in France. Toyota has proven that it can maintain its practices wherever the fuck it build its cars. Suzuki's quality control even inJapan is a prank compared to Toyota's

The problem isn't Japanese cars, it's that you live in a third world country and you're buying shitty third world clones built from shitty third world materials assembled by shitty third world shitters.

Japanese cars are vastly superior to Eurotrash and have been since the 80's, the problem is you have to live in a first world country to actually get a Japanese car.

vastly superior in terms of what? fuel economy? base price?
top kek enjoy your shitbox while i'm driving in a true German luxury car that also performs and handles better than anything Japan has ever produced.

>Only First world gets Japanese built cars
>US toyotas are made in the US
>UK toyotas are built in UK
>France toyotas are built in France

Meanwhile
>Middle eastern toyotas come from Japan
>African Toyotas come from Japan

I think you might actually be, very mentally deficient

>vastly superior in terms of what? fuel economy? base price?

Quality and reliability, as proven countless times by every reliability test on the planet.