pastebin.com/YHdisqem (embed)
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh (embed)
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg (embed)
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau (embed)
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH (embed)
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA (embed)

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
>Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

Other urls found in this thread:

marsh.speedrunwiki.com/Text/alltomorrows.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=EaJHFxCYUjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck cultists.

Instead of a spider, I give you this.
If you remember a dream in which you felt like you were choking, you are probably infected.

Use 4chanX, click on the arrow, click on "Copy Text", and just update the "previous thread".

marsh.speedrunwiki.com/Text/alltomorrows.pdf
reminder that Stellaris has the potential to become this

>click on the arrow, click on "Copy Text", and just update the "previous thread".
Oh my, i missed that.
Thanks spiderbro.

No problem. But call me Spiderman.

That book manages to be even worse than Warhammer 40 000.

>spiderposter names himself after a public menace
I KNEW IT

>ywn get to play as AM and torture species by turning them into sentient goop for all time

I liked how the only descendants of 'pure' humans ended up fixing everything. Shame everyone died in the end.

Calm down Jameson.

The Shroud is strong in my family, my father had it, I have it, my sister has it. You have that power too

Please don't fuck your sister.

>not creating a incest eugenics program where you reach the point that all of your children are practically clones

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

It was said that you would purge the Purifiers not join them. Bring balance to the Shroud not leave it in darkness.

Are daughters and nieces fine? The redhead wife is probably dead.

>tfw the Vaulters were just trying to find videogames

Do you know what "inbred" means? To have a decent population, you need at least 200 people.

>win a war
>defensive pact spam begins
If I was genociding these cunts in a war of aggression I'd understand but this dipshit declared war on me and I'm not even eating his people just kicking them out

That feel when Wiz did not want ground combat but some Swede shoved it in.

Is this why ground combat in Stellaris is so shit? The devs threw in a half-baked idea and they are more concerned with fixing other parts of the game before they fix ground combat.

Is this inherently a problem, or could it be overcome by gene editing?

You could just edit out the faulty genes

You would appear to be the top dog, therefore it is in the ai best interest to protect themselves. Additionally, aren't there more than one interlocking agreements?, that's how the handful of games I play work.

At least Stellaris has varied units, so it's a bit fun. Otherwise, it's a setback compared to EUIV.

Gene editing would be no different from having a person of unpure blood joining the eugenic program.
You need a massive pool of pure individuals. Think Bene Gesserit.

And while I'm spouting out references, why can't I force a lottery on slave population?

all the space 4xs have shitty numerical blob combat.if you know one that has good combat beyond "blob of guys +modifiers for tech crash into each other", please tell me.
I've played all of these things starting with MoO and they all have super simple ground combat.

You can set it up like EUIV where you have a map which requires you to maneuver and take ground however that adds micro.

Things would be 100% improved if the current system was kept automated but the final outcome can be influenced by leader traits, buffed fortifications, vet bonus and research for both defensive and offensive units.

The possibility of ships going down due to planetary weapons would be a nice addition too.

Oh damn right I'm the top dog right now, but only just, the screenshot doesn't show it but there's about 3 other empires just out of shot that are only marginally smaller and weaker than me. I just find it dumb that your threat skyrockets when you win a defensive war and decisively end (without genociding) the threat to your people that was the aggressor. The only message that should send to the AI is "do not fuck with this nation" not "this nation is going to kill us all, better team up against them"

There is a person or two here who wants Aurigans in ES2 - well, you can make a mod with them, just use UN ships with all the art from EL, add traits, heroes and other stuff. EL and now ES2 have quite good mod support (el better though), it's just amplitude games are not popular amongst modders (or just good enough to have just minor tweaks mods).

You're hoping too much.

>all the space 4xs have shitty numerical blob combat
Except Distant Worlds, Sins of Solar Empire, Star Ruler (the first one, through Star Ruler 2 features more strategy due to blobs being specialized).

And Swords of the Stars.

>SotS
>Not blob wars 2 : Rail guns boogaloo

We Auriga now?

Lay it on me user, how would you design combat in a space 4x? Making it anything but blob combat is difficult owing to the fact that space is a rather boring battlefield by virtue of it being, quite literally, almost completely featureless. Which is why it's called space.

We're dead, yes.

We are many things, we have been many things ...

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

>inb4 blackholephobia user get triggered

youtube.com/watch?v=EaJHFxCYUjI

That guy was hilarious.

I was scared of astronomical bodies too once, there was some comet or other but I was convinced it was going to kill us all.
But I had the excuse that I was 4 years old and not trying to play a space vidya.

Although what annoyed me.mostabout the whole episode was all the Paraducks armchair-psychologising him and demanding that he go to therapy immediatly. He asked for modding help, not Sigmund fucking Freud.

You seem upset, user. Tell me about your mother

>play for 2 hours
>complete about 10 turns due to army size
>can't bear to use auto resolve
>must make roving klansmen pay
>who cares about leaving Auriga, I'm now driven by revenge

>the cultist thread is about to end before hitting 40 posts

Good. The only good threads are the spider threads.

Nice bait you made in this pic. It even made it to /pol/

Are you thinking of slandering glorious Zelevas threads?

Art style really went through the roof between ES1 and 2.

I don't know. Are zelevas tasty?

For some reason I just can't get into ES2 like I can Endless Legend. I am pretty sure I understand it, it just feels like a slog. Anyone else feel like this? I really wanna love the shit out of it.

You could wait for the expansions.

I never liked EL or ES1 but really enjoy ES2.

That's fair. I came into Endless Legend after all the expansions, so it makes sense vanilla ES2 would be underwhelming.

That said, though, I never really wait it out and get to late-game ES2. I never really felt threatened, but that'll probably change once the AI has battleships and shit.

Enslaving the xenos to faithfully serve their human masters is the best playthrough

Enslaving the humans to faithfully serve their spiritual masters is the best playthrough

It would be more accurate if it said
Nazis: let's genocide non-whites
Antifa: let's genocide non-leftists
BLM: let's genocide cops

pretty accurate image desu

Sea monsters? How quaint. Sink back to those depths and let me show you how it's done.

Except maybe not, because Tempest is trash and all these water traits don't affect your start position at all. Of course not. Why would they, even if that's how it works for literally all other traits?

>Tempest is trash
Amen.

Morgawr are just too deep for you.

>page 10
Ded.

>page 10
Ded again.

Someone start complaining about Civ6, Stellaris, Wiz or anything to keep that thread alive.

Last thread people said sectors were created for competitive MP. Is that true? I thought sectors were just a poorly-executed vassal/faction mechanic.

If leaders had their own agenda, yeah. But sectors lack the autonomy and culture mechanisms from EUIV, and feel forced into the gameplay.
Official explanation is "fuck you faggots, lol". Just kidding.
The real reason given is that it's to avoid micromanaging every planet. Since Stellaris is in real-time, unlike, I dunno, Endless Space, and since Paradox is, for some obscure reason, attached to micromanaging tiles and buildings (because it makes sense to have a mine taking half a continent) instead of following Distant Worlds' idea of leaving planets to their own devices, they introduced sectors to allow the player to control a lot of planets indirectly in exchange for a small loss of income.
Except that the AI is as retarded as DarkSydephil.

A lot of these Religious laws seem tailor-made for the Vodyani

the thing is in practice it's not "control indirectly" but "be unable to control at all"
the AI is completely retarded and there is pretty much no way to meaningfully influence it
how is it so hard to create an AI that actually fucking builds buildings instead of just hoarding resources

>stellaris mod adds in religions
>no terran monothiesm option or anything similar
I just wanna deus vult across the galaxy

I'm pretty sure the Stellaris AI doesn't understand how to use global food, or unity, or traditions, or ascension perks.

I don't have any proof, but I'm sure that AI in general doesn't follow the same rules than the player do.

I know for a fact that AI empires are gifted minerals if they are running a deficit.

I can't speak for Stellaris, but I know many games where the AI cheats. BfME2, Empire Earth, Endless Space (through you cheat as well if you play on anything lower than easy mode)...

there's no religious mods for stellaris on workshop dude

>A lot of these Religious laws seem tailor-made for the Vodyani
They are, Vodyani got new religious law replacements in a recent patch. The "only main species can grow" law gives any other faction +5 Dust per pop, while Vodyani get Essence instead. The last tier religious law for normal factions makes pacifist conversion easier to do yourself but it's completely useless for Vodyani since they can't do pacifist conversion, so instead they now get Essence from enemy systems under their influence sphere and makes their own arks unconvertable if under someone else's influence sphere.

Horatio also got two new Horatio-exclusive Ecologist law replacements because the versions for normal factions encourage species diversity which is the anti-thesis of Horatio, who instead now get bonuses to all systems per spliced species.

Non-figuratively impossible.

Stellaris+ adds them dude

I miss Stronghold. I should never have sold it.

Stellaris only has military victory conditions (well federation too but still it's a conquest type). Leads me to wondering how an "economic" victory is supposed to work in other games. Just piling up the biggest pile of goal shouldn't really affect other empires that don't trade with that empire. Even in alpha centauri economic victory didn't make sense because because of how little trade affected economies. Might make more sense if cities/planets were more "multicultural" where it would be affected by multiple cultures and economic factors, like a 10 pop city would have 3 morgans, 2 gaia, 4 un, and a spartan pop which would be normally controlled by those 4 factions, while a city with 9 morgans and 1 un would be a morgan city.

Have there ever been a 4x game where different civs shared control of a city/planet?

>Have there ever been a 4x game where different civs shared control of a city/planet?
There's Aurora. One user described his game where three different civilizations started on Earth.
Otherwise, Distant Worlds allows pirates and natives to coexist in buttrape and the occasional pillage, with the pirate fortress being hidden.

the AI isn't actually all that awful all things considered, it just ignores large segments of the game

>Empire Earth
That game didn't even try and pretend the AI wasn't a cheating motherfucker.

>the AI isn't actually all that awful all things considered, it just ignores large segments of the game

if there is a universal currency it only makes sense that an empire with a massively dominating economy would be the clear winner

It makes any game post WWII unbeatable : the AI will just spam nuclear bomber. And since it didn't have any real economy, harassing it was almost useless, and prophets, the funnier unit in a RTS, ended up being shit.

by that I mean it actually works fairly well in practice, too bad it does so through cheating
the exception to this is sector AI, because ignoring infrastructure sucks for the player

Ha, okay. I thought you meant strategy AI in general.
I wonder if the retarded AI is a Warhammer 40 000 joke.

>page 10 again
... seriously? Fuck that, I'm going to bed.

No its a small hairy creature called karabasan who causes that by sitting on your chest.

You gave your cat a very strange name.

How do I get good at ES2? Nothing I do seems to work

I have a cat?

Have any of yall heard of Lost Technology it's a Japanese 4x that was a free game in Japan but recently released on Steram and it's only 3 bucks.

What difficulty is best for first time players in Endless Legend?

Expand more.

Normal.

Even at the cost of expansion penalties?

There are various ways of mitigating that from building approval boosting system improvements to certain techs and what luxury resources you use to increase system levels.

In an of itself though, it isn't all that much if you go a little over. Most of the unhappiness in a system will come from the system itself.

Stellaris should enable an economic conquest type by letting you buy and sell planets. It's still technically a conquest victory, but you're buying you're way to victory.

That would also repair the fluff for the "ruthless capitalist" AI type.

One species with Industrious and Very Strong, with the Slave Guilds and Mining Guilds civics with the plan to get Secret Police later, or two species with Industrious and Thrifty, with Syncretic Evolution and Slave Guilds, with the plan to get Mining Guilds later?

>buy and sell planets
Unfortunately the real reason you can't buy planets in Stellaris is that Stellaris diplo is copy-pasted from EUIV, and in EUIV buying clay is highly exploitable since the AI is a dipshit.
Rather than take the time and effort to fix it in both games Wiz decided to just disable it.

If you read the old dev diaries and think about the mechanics, it's obvious that sectors were designed around the ability to rebel.
This is why you are hassled with alerts to give them an internally self-sufficient economy, and the AI desperately tries to achieve it when left to its own devices - otherwise you could short-circuit their rebellions by not having them produce any energy.
This is why they're required to be territorially contiguous - otherwise you could short-circuit their rebellions by having them as scattered, isolated planets that would never be viable if they successfully seceeded.

But I think Paradox were too lazy to get it working in time for v.1.0 release, and then at some point Wiz decided "multiplayer balance is king" and that losing 1/3 of your territory in one fell swoop would disrupt the balance too much, so rebellions got changed to being isolated planet unrest in 1.5

How do I reactivate the tutorial robot?

>minmaxing your species in Stellaris
>needing advice to minmax your species in Stellaris
It's a roleplaying game.

I'm just asking, dude.

Settings?