Might buy a Z32, what all do I need to know about them?

Might buy a Z32, what all do I need to know about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

practicalenthusiast.kinja.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If its not the twin turbo dont bother

Look up on z32 forums you faggot

Even if it isn't, it's the cheapest car around that I like.

If it's not a TT, it's going to be slow. The 4-sp auto is kind of slow on gear changes, and even with the overdrive you'll be doing ~3K at 80mph. The t-tops will probably leak, and the seals aren't cheap. Obviously make sure it's not a shit heap, no or minimal rust, timing belt has been done, preferably no sikk mawds.
I haven't found a significant price differential on 2+2 v coupes, but I'd expect them to be a little bit cheaper. Slicktop coupes are also usually cheaper than their t-topped and convertible counterparts.
The VG30 is a solid engine, but an absolute pain in the dick to work on.

don't switch out the panel before the hood unless you want to be a hyperjackass ricer

don't listen to this guy and do a pop up headlight conversion too

And a shelf for a wing? You know it!
I wonder how loud that fart pipe can go...

Oh, thank you. I was expecting shitposting.

Get the TT manual or it's going to be fucking awful. Read the Practical Enthusiast blog and you'll have a sense for what it's going to be like: practicalenthusiast.kinja.com/

They're a pain in the dick to work on, but in NA form it's like a heavier FRS/BRZ that's a third of the price. I enjoyed my in the time I've had it, but I hated doing anything on it. It was absolutely dreadful.
Overall they're really fun, if you drop them on springs/get sway bars, they'll handle less boat like. There are honestly better choices out there but this is one of the more affordable ones that are really good looking.

>Might buy a Z32, what all do I need to know about them?
Unreliable, hard to work on and no v8.

Did you have the N/A? If yes, was it still a pain to work on?

This seems somewhat appropirate to ask this.
What are some good websites to find parts for a z31 300zx, planing on getting one soonish and I've done some googling and found some websites but a lot of the stuff that used to be made for it are discontinued now.

What's a better choice?

Check the forums, there's a section for vendors. Performance parts or what? Why can't you use autozone? Most can just be found on ebay, interior/trim pieces etc. What year you buying?

Wouldn't slick tops cost more considering they're more rare ( assuming the seller "hurr durr I no what I got")?

85, plan on changing the front with the 87+ front cover.

Yes a slicktop usually carries a $1-2k premium over a ttop na car.

Don't post my gf again

I do apologize sir it was rude of me to do such a thing, it won't happen again.

Another user that occasionally thinks about buying Z32 here. All comments I see about the car basically say it's the most unreliable moneypit you can buy. Is the unreliability just in the engine that supposedly sits in the most cramped engine bay ever or is the whole car unreliable? If it's "just" the engine would this car be a good candidate for an engine swap?

Z32 N/A owner for 7 years here. There are a pain in the dick to work on, but has been reliable for the entire time I’ve owned it, and I’m sitting right around 200k miles. Only major work I’ve done on it was a timing belt replacement, alternator, and the thermostat, but I’m also gearing up for my LS swap. Other anons are right when they say stock power is low, but the previous owner had put 4.10 gears in the rear end so it feels quick off the line. Do it OP, I’ve had nothing but fun with mine

Yes, I had the NA. The timing belt was the most painful maintenance item, spark plugs coming in at a close second.
I'd recommend an E36 M3.

The Turbo model is fast with potential to be faster. It's impossible to work on unless you have baby hands or a car lift and a nice set of tools.

The NA model is slow with little potential and it's hard to work on but not impossible as user said.

They don't handle all that great as they were meant more as GT cars, but if you modify the suspension like this user said, , then they'll handle fairly well.
They look really good in my opinion, especially with wheels and a bit lower. The interior is meh. Parts aren't too expensive. Buy a well maintained one, yada yada.
The Turbo model is a bit like the Eclipse GSX and the NA model is like the Eclipse GST in the fact that there's really only one thing that's different but it makes all the difference in the world.
If you buy a turbo model, spend the extra to have one that's in pristine condition with recent maintenance.