Is the labor market for Lawyers still as shitty as it was a couple years ago after the financial crisis...

Is the labor market for Lawyers still as shitty as it was a couple years ago after the financial crisis, or has it gotten better?

Is it still a terrible idea to go to law school?

Everything is fucked.

Abandon all hope.

Depends. Law school is kind of like getting into DO school instead of MD school. It's technically possible to match to a residency but only if you're in like the top 5% of your class or something. Everyone else will just end up in shitty residencies or not at all.

Law school is like that except replace the top 5% of every class with the top 10 law schools and residency slots with lawyer jobs people actually want. Everyone below will probably end up doing shitty government work for fuckall in pay considering how much the education coats. My sister's roommate graduated from a middle tier law school and she works part time at banana republic to make ends meet.

The only professional degree still worth getting is a DMD/DDS but colleges rapidly in the process of getting that to suck too.

Ask the lawyer who was posting about the differences between a C corp and an LLC last night

This

Burn it down

The market is still shit. I've met law grads who passed the bar and still have to drive Uber to pay off their exorbitant student loans.

>Is it still a terrible idea to go to law school?
It's never been a terrible idea to go to law school. Graduates in the top half of T14 schools have been making great money for years, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

The problem is that law school used to be a decent "back up plan" for reasonably smart people unsure of what they wanted to be when they grow up. Anyone with a bar card could make a decent living for a few years even if they weren't great lawyers. Associates were in demand, and you could easily and without consequences decide down the road if you wanted to stay in private practice or go do something else.

About 15 years ago there was a permanent change in the practice of law (started earlier, but hit biglaw around 2002-2004). Used to be every senior partner would support 2-3 junior partners, who would in turn support 4-6 associates each. The practice was a pyramid with a wide base (lots of associates, few partners).

However, in the wake of the fiscal responsibility that followed the dot-com crash, clients started balking at the prospect of paying $400/hr to train a bunch of snot-nosed know-nothing law grads. Interestingly, they had no problems, on the other hand, paying $900/hr to the partners because they knew they were getting good work for their money.

So the law firm pyramid narrowed to a cylinder. A senior partner now supports one, maybe 2, junior partners, who in turn support one, maybe 2, associates. Partners now work much harder (used to be a cushy job in the old days -- not anymore), and the number of associate jobs dwindled by a substantial magnitude.

And here's the kicker: those lost associate jobs are never coming back. Unless law firms are willing to reform their billing system and LOWER their overall profits, the new paradigm is going to persist. You get one guess as to whether I think that's going to happen.

You saw that thread? Epic stuff. Hilarious.

>the differences between a C corp and an LLC
he conflated the two repeatedly.
It was epic.

then he tried to pretend a ruling from 20 years before LLC's existed was about LLC's.
>lawyer
pfft

Hi janitorboy.

No seriously, point to a single difference he mentioned between a corp and an LLC.

He literally spent the whole thread claiming they're the same thing.

I'd rather be a real janitor than a fake lawyer.

There's lot of problems with the law, but there's worse jobs. Right janitorboy? You could be emptying trash cans and sleeping with pic related.

Makes law school look pretty good.

But seriously, can you point to any post where you mentioned a DIFFERENCE between an LLC and a corporation?

I can't find one.

I CAN find the one where you don't know an LLC isn't a corporation.

Sorry janitorboy, but you've already proven yourself to be an unhinged roleplayer. You also got caught samefagging your own posts. You're a pathetic loser, and I'm not going to hang around while you shit up another thread with 80 posts.

Give the wifey a donut from me.

Better make it two.

Law school is a lot like any competitive college. No matter your grades (to an extent) it comes down to 2 major things on your resume.

1. Does your interviewer instantly recognize and respect your school? That eliminates nearly every single state school, and easily puts your tuition into the 40-50k per year range.

2. Did you go to school with, and make friends with, people who matter? College isnt about parties. Its about who your best friends, dads, boss is, and if you got invited to golf on Sundays. If your degree cant stand on its own (Ivy league) then your letters of recommendations and/or job offers after graduation better do it.

The guy who passes the bar after a state school and has a district attorney letter of recomendation is a dime a dozen. Your best bet in that cases is to maybe be a bottom feeder at a large firm, or a bottom feeder for your state.

You need to be shooting for ivy league with letters of recommendation from states/US attorneys.

One leads to your storybook ideal of an attorney. The other leads you to a life of 18 hour days in a strip mall office and spending every penny you actually make on 3am infomercials and highway billboards

My job is to point out that you're not a lawyer.

Your job is to point out that my wife is fat.

Neither of these jobs is difficult.

Wrong for the MD/DO residency, post merger itll be easier to get in. Plus the school I went to for DO had a 100% match rate every year.

>t. DO fag who is an orthopod now

Can we have a level of civility here? Attack his claims all you want, but is it really necessary to devolve to high school "she is fat, that is icky"?

It really underhands everything else you say.

>Attack his claims all you want, but is it really necessary to devolve to high school "she is fat, that is icky"?
that was him, not me.

one of the 'lawyers' itt is calling my wife fat.

I regularly attack his claims, that's why he attacks my wife.

My apologies... it appears I havent used the post highlighter to keep track of the shit talk...

I hope you are yours have a happy evening!

thank you, and likewise.

in nyc and ca and florida theyre liquidated

Not for the amount of schooling involved.

Do law if you enjoy it, which no one really does, most guys are in it for the six figure meme like med students failing to realize that you will never get rich of a salary as an employee