How did I do Veeky Forums? 1989 VW Cabriolet with zero rust and 87,000 mile's on it. Garage kept for the last 12 years...

How did I do Veeky Forums? 1989 VW Cabriolet with zero rust and 87,000 mile's on it. Garage kept for the last 12 years. $800.

16v swap + Scirocco 16v brakes all round

Well enjoy the bitch basket
Id find it hard for the shoe not to fit

I have a buddy who has a cabrio with a vr6 swapped in. It's the most fun I've had in a car. I bet it'll be a riot with that four banger. Nice find.

going shopping for shoes OP?

enjoy replacing your roof at the cost of about a grand.

Enjoy your decently reliable, extremely dangerous woman car.

Anything running for less than 1000 in 2018 is a win IMO

I had one, same colour, same year. Fucking loved it, they're a blast to drive. Everything is so light and thin, any speed feels like warp speed. I'm 6'3 and my head was the same height as the roll bar, so keep that in mind if you're tall lol

>running

Yes.

Needs ANUSTART license plate

I think after sinking a few grand into to make it half decent you will have a $4000 high maintenance headache?

do your parents know you're gay yet?

Golf owner here
>no rust
Yeah no check again.

under the fender flares.

Its always under the flares.

Just leave it in original condition and don't 'tune' it, original rust free Golf 1s (or 2s) are becoming rare and sought after. It might well be a classic youngtimer soon.

Those are cars from before the 'planned obsolence' era. If you maintain it well,it should be a reliable companion to you. The mechanics are quite simple and reliable.

You did good OP that looks cute. I like golfs though so i'm biased

It a cute

No rust?
Was it "sous-vide"?

I have a 285 Kent Cam I can sell ya.

looks very cool OP, I bought a golf iv for 1000€ and this makes me wonder if I overpaid!