The new Bmw 1 Series will be FWD, leaving the RWD hatchbacks market dying, but pic related appears

The new Bmw 1 Series will be FWD, leaving the RWD hatchbacks market dying, but pic related appears.

Would you?

Focus RS exists and is more reliable even with the current issues

Only if it came in manual

pretty good looking. if it had a manual and was AWD i would consider it

Sexy

Nah. I'm really starting to be glad I rolled the dice on a BRZ.

being discontinued for 2018

a rwd hatchback means less room in the back, meaning it's less practical than it should be. no thank you.

its called a compromise, you get more space than a sedan or coupe but you get rwd as well

Best wagon is a Subaru Impreza Wagon.

No other make or mark can do better.

rwd is more fun

see

>Focus RS exists
>AWD biased FWD.

How does it feel to be this stupid, seriously?

Lol user

You spent anywhere from $12k to $26k on a shitbox that has the following qualities:

>underpowered
>slower than most cross-overs
>performs the worst in its segment and loses to fwd meme cars
>gets beaten around every track (its home turf) by pigfat turbo I4 muscle cars
>boosting the engine grenades it after 20k miles
>horrible interior
>sound system is beyond bad
>rides like ass
>stock brakes are complete ass
>needs mods to remove shittyness

There's nothing redeeming about you car. Its the worst new performance car you could possibly have bought in the past few years. Even normies now know how horribly slow toyobarus are and spout jokes about it being slower than mini vans.

Bruh if that shit was real, available in America, with a manual, I'd gladly fall into 6 year payment debt. On God

>There's nothing redeeming about you car
Last Thursday I spun the tires trying to make the lights because it was an odd icy day. I didn't even go sideways at all, but everything during that morning was redeemed.

He’s not wrong you know.

thats not a unique experiance to the brz though.

You can get that in any rwd manual car

RWD emmanuals are a dying breed, and it happens to be one that's light and tossable. That's really all there is to it.

this month Roundel asked the head of BMW NA product strategist about FWD BMWs and he kind of dodged the question .

I may post the article later if people want

i'd rather get a used 1 series hatch.

yeah how the fuck can you have with laptimes this low

>b-but muh race car chassis

>Hatchback=Wagon/Saloon
"No"
Thats why RWD Hatches have an appeal.
Their smol we just don't get anymore.
Anymore but the Twongi, that is.

smart fourfour

Thats just a shit Twongi because German Autism targeted at Urbanite Superiority complex

>another ugly kid-hauler
fuck off mate

>Hatchback
>Ugly kid-hauler
Pick one. This isn't a coupe crossover bullshit.

No. If I want RWD I wont take it in a hatchback form. Might as well get a sedan/coupe.

Would pay top dollar for that concept

>would I buy a car with a reputation for breaking down in your driveway

no

1 series isnt a bmw anyway, might aswell get a vw glof and chip it to 300~

except the golf is FWD, cuck

>rwd giullieta
My body is ready

Question: are laptimes really what defines a car you like?

are we getting this in burgerland? and can it be had with a stick or at least DCT slapshift? Would seriously consider. Love alfa and hatches.

except this car is gonna be fwd too, friend.

No but when that's all you have to go on and still get beat by a 900lb heavier car, you're fucked

But it's not, driving feel is there too.
Besides, it's much easier (and less scary) to drive a toyobaru to its limits, so it's a nice way for people who aren't purebred racedrivers to learn to drive properly on the track.

Is laptimes really all "you" go on?
There's also the test drive you know? (or do you not have a license?)

Focus RS is more FWD than a Golf R.

So much stupid in one post. How was the bus this morning?

If I can get it in a stick I'll buy the fuck out of it.

Keep projecting it's the best AWD hatch out

Nope, M140i xDrive is the best awd hatch.

>RWD hatchbacks
only a massive autist would possible care. If I had to I would get an a45 with awd.

kys benchracer

>skidkid calling anyone a benchracer
loving every laugh

nah i enjoy superior lap times and better, more natural handling.

>Italian
No thanks, I prefer to arrive at my destination with the same vehicle as I started in a normal time frame.

t. has never been to a track
Kek at skidboi

>no drift stick
>no free head gaskets

>shitting on Toyobaru AND GM with lap times in one post
hi Alphonse/S/o/viet, I know you're going to say obsessed to us

>muh driving feels
Have you driven a 2016+ Camaro? Even the base model 2.0t and V6 trims handle fantastic. The steering feel is as good as the brz while having an interior that isn’t dollar store tier and significantly better acceleration and braking. Seriously go test drive a no options V6 camaro w/6 speed manual. Loved it when I test drove it.

>lap times don’t matter
For the most part, yea they don’t mean much as 99% of people don’t track their cars. Though they do act as a good indicator of how all the performance aspects of a car come together. A lot of people also defend the brz’s low power by saying it makes it up on the track yet still gets destroyed.

>w-well y-you probably don’t even drive!
Really? This shit? Just because I use lap times as part of my arguments makes me a bus rider? I guess that makes Motor Trend and Car & Driver bench racing busriding fags for using lap times as a way to determine a car’s performance.

I used the lowest end camaro and mustang trims to show how awful the BRZ is on the track vs heavy low-power muscle cars. My intent wasn’t to prove that the mustang is faster. Tbh the V6 Camaro is the trim that competes with Ecoboost Mustang and wipes the floor it as the Alpha platform is just a lot better designed than the S550 chassis

>fwd is faster on track
KEK we surely believe you, fwd poorfag

Projecting I don't drive fwd