>415 HP
>V8

Why wasn't this our car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G3ZOsizqigk
youtube.com/watch?v=cMnOd0Wk_wA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No advertising.

Hardly any are offered, GM doesn't want infighting.

>only option is with EVERY OPTION

A V6 Camaro was 90% of the car (and faster) with way better gas mileage and for people who really needed 4 doors more whores could buy a cheaper challenger.
Too many cheaper options for it to truly be a seller.

>challenger
i mean charger.

chargers are auto only though

magnetic suspension bullshit, and a multitude of nannies AND PIGFAT LOL PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT

What modern car besides the Miata isn't pigfat?

I bought one. I've had like 25 cars, and it's by far my favorite.

People actually prefer autos in performance cars so that is a strike against the SS being manual only and not having the 8-speed autos you find in the Camaro and vettes.

Ok grandpa, bedtime is here

yeah ok whatever bro

Its great but its just too expensive to be an enthusiasts car i almost bought one but i decided to wait a bit for depreciation to make it much more fairly priced

Because its made by GM, the 2nd shittiest NA automaker next to dodge

My hometown Chevy dealer, Grey Chev still has a new green manual SS on their lot. Makes me sad but without the LT1 I just couldn't bring myself to buy it when I could get reasonably performance, enhanced comfort and practicality for a DD in the impala.

In my mind had they done the lt1 the highway miles would have been acceptable and I'd have gone SS.

BRZ

Too many mandatory expensive options for enthusiasts

Not enough advertisement for normies

Lame generic uninspired name

Pretty sure the only reason this was only manufactured to satisfy the deal with Holden's union before they shut down production for good (RIP Holden)

>The brz isnt pigfat
Isnt it more than 2700 pounds

a first gen mustang with a 289 weighs that much

>seppos have shit taste
>wasnt adverized
>critical sucess but commercial flop

Because Veeky Forums is not one person.

My local Chevy dealership put it in the middle of a pack of Malibus. No one even knew what it was because it was nowhere near the Corvettes or Camaros.

>GM

>1300 kg is pigfat
maybe in britain where the majority of their cars are 50hp diesel hatchbacks that weigh 800-1000kg

short answer: america didnt want 4 doors

they just wanted their GTO back didnt care how
good news is can find the SS dirt cheap.

Because it's just a commodore and not even one of the better ones.

>generation older than all its competitors
>laughable interior for the price point
>priced above the Charger 392 which shit all over it

Most importantly: it was never meant to be a real car. GM NA arranged to buy a set number of Holdens for the police market, to keep their factories running. The shortfall in Caprice sales were to be brought over as "SS"

Don't kid yourself, GM never wanted them to sell well in America, if they did they would have had to fund the R&D of a new commodore.
That combined with GM wasting billions of dollars and fixing the books to make it look like Holden was bleeding money combined with the Australian government clicking onto that when GM kept going "look how bad it is, handout plz"

The cruel truth is Holden is yet another company with a lot of talent and vision that was crushed by GM being greedy.

You guys didn't even get the good ones.

>GM never wanted them to sell well in America, if they did they would have had to fund the R&D of a new commodore.
They did, its called the Alpha platform so... i really don't know what this is supposed to mean. what greed would they get out of an old platform they already sunk billions to replace again (and have replaced)?

Only rich white old guys drive those here in Nz

The SS was available with an auto, in fact, it started out as auto only and no-one bought it you fuckwit

Ugly GM trash. Sounds bad. Manual is also outdated.

becuase Doog DrReddit didn't make a video about it sooner

It was too expensive for anyone to care. It looked like a super-fat Cruze or Impala and it lacked the "Murikkkan Muscle!" aesthetics of the Charger.

Not saying that it's a bad car, but at almost $50k people were looking at German cars.

>sounds bad

T H I C C

That's about what the average fan of it's sound looks like. LS has to be one of the worst sounding engines.

Faster? Nigger what. We got the Chevy SS here in aus with the camaro v6 engine. Called the commodore sv6

True, bogans spend that same money on building something like pic related.

Doesn't the Camaro use an updated version of the Zeta Platform? I'd expect it to be lighter

The Camaro is basically a Monaro with a different body shape.

Ever had to use the rear seats of a BRZ? I'll take pigfat, thanks.

>Commodore with a V6
sounds like it would just suffer from the same issues of a V6 Charger i.e not enough power in a too fat car, a V6 Camaro weighs 3300-3400 lbs.
Alpha is an entirely new platform unrelated to Zeta.

Monaro > BRZ
why even bother looking at a brz for the ultimate drift machine when a cv8 monaro/pontiac gto can be had for cheaper?
also the rear seats are designed for adults instead of children.

They suffer from $2000 timing chain replacement issues.
who wants a v6 commodore anyway?
cost like 5k extra for one with a v8 that is making an extra 100kw

>Alpha is an entirely new platform unrelated to Zeta.
i refuse to belive that

the zeta platform debuted in 2007, it was a billion dollar investment by holden to design and start production on the platform.
hence why the VE commodore was dubbed the "billion dollar baby"

GM then went on to use this platform in many of its other cars, the Camaro included which even the body of was designed by Australians.
No idea if this is common knowledge or not but the 2008 Camaro is actually the VE Monaro, GM just said "No chevy needs that"

In ausland commos are cheap but in the US they will always be deeply undercutted by a better performing more fuel efficient Camaro be it stock for stock or modding a V8 used one.
Why? GM sunk billions into the Alpha and Omega platform development. the Omega platform so far isn;t used by any other car but the CT6.

It is in Australia

because americans have bad taste.

Not exactly Holdens fault that GM has wanted them to fail for over a decade uleh.
Commodores will always have a special place in the hearts of Australians as the unsung heroes they always were.

GM will always be remembered as the company so dirty that they made the purchase of another company look like losses from Holden triggering the collapse of a company.

But that is real news instead of fake news.

kino

youtube.com/watch?v=G3ZOsizqigk

shame 12 years later shes dead ;(

The fact that the Zeta platform continued to be competitive with other companies 12 years after launch is testimony to the brilliance of the design in the first place.
A HSV Grange for an example competes with a bmw m5 in all areas and it is a 12 year old design, remarkable really.

Really is sad that GM has killed what was its best subsidiary instead of increasing their funding and green lighting more of the cars they envisioned, that excuse of not selling holdens because no one knows what they are is bullshit, open a holden dealer anywhere in the world and because of shows like top gear everyone would know what it is.

Yep shits fucked

makes me so sad because aussies can obviously build good cars given enough money and time

Same with the AU-BF FG-FGX but nobody outside of aus ever saw them

Imagine that, over 50 years of racing heritage thrown away to the wind

i think thats based on the yank platform one its totally different more zeta/alpha like platform not the fucking insignia

Really is a shame, i am sure Americans would have bought pic related given the chance.

It is an Opel Insignia pretending to be a Commodore.

The biggest insult is all the paid advertisements for the insidnia, i shit you not search the new comparison videos and they are trying to call an opel insignia a better car than an SS commodore

Here we go watch this absolute horse shit, the opel insignia wishes it was in the same class as the VF commodore...
>youtube.com/watch?v=cMnOd0Wk_wA

Every single thing he says about the new "commodore" is worse than the old one but he tried to make it sound better.
literally the only things better he could come up with is rear seat docking ports so kids can fuck with the music and being able to pop the boot without the key...

christ
nah i reckon they'd love the barra turbo

Theyre fine for a V6 family sedan
6.5 seconds 0-100kmh with excellent fuel economy.

Timing chains only fuck if your a woman and dont maintain the car

The original Commodore was an Opel pretending to be a Holden.

>A HSV Grange for an example competes with a bmw m5 in all areas
Which gen M5? by all areas i assume you aren't talking about any kind of performance metric because because that's a long shot l0l

a 2017 grange competes with a 2017 bmw m5 in every area.

This desu. I can’t wait until dumb fucks over here in Australia import them in 20 years time that they do with other “classic” American cars cause they can’t afford the VE

Holden's are better made than generic old Chevy's user

More info, I want to rile up my countrymen enough to smash up import mustangs and corvettes

nah they goat

a Grange is a fatter commodore right? if a regular commodore can't beat a V6 Camaro you really think it has a shot against a new M5?

either way Hyundai wins

What regualr commodore can't beat a v6 camaro?
an evoke?
an ss commodore shits all over the camaro.

He's shitposting.

Ofc it will beat a maro

it amazes me how many times i have to keep posting this lol.

A vy commodore with a few simple mods would beat the camaro

Jej.

Fuck i wunna turbo mine so bad

I'm not denying that (once again i have to keep reminding anyone who thinks i'm shitposting that i prefer the commowhore to the cumaro and 4-doors more whores etc) i was just trying to make a point to the other user.

Yeah those lap times are really relevant on the street where 90% of driving is in a straight line.

This should have been the new Impala with different engine options.

maybe if youre a pigfat american

The SS is supposed to be a car your wife can take the kids to school in and later you take it for doughnuts

Related: Why hasn't PSA bought Holden from GM yet?

>Why wasn't this our car?
because it's ten times Veeky Forums's budget and too generic for bus riding bench racers
in fifteen years it might be

A better question is why didn't GM import/rebadge the UTE and sell it as an El Camino. I would have bought one.

They were only interested in the Ampera's EV tech.

Needed a base model that was 5k cheaper.

Chevy literally didn't advertise it at all. Its actually pretty loaded for what it is at 45k. Chevy could have easily sold a lower tier trim for 38k without the heated seats, leather trim on everything and all the extra luxury gadgets and gotten it great.

But I imagine chevy didn't want to cut into their camaro sales so they said fuck it. Also they don't want to make them in america so they were all made in aussie land and are imported

God that front end looks so badass vs the SS

should've been a Ford

Ford couldn't make something like that. Just look at the Falcon

soy

I would buy one if they started selling them in leafistan.

yeah holdup lemme just pull out $30k so i can buy something less powerful and likely heavier than a c5

>V6 Camaro
Does your husband know you shitpost on Veeky Forums?

>chebby