Help me Veeky Forums

I don't want to miss out on having the "college experience", but I don't think college is a good financial move for me.

I could pretty easily score a 35 or 36 on my ACT, but the reality is my GPA is too low for it to matter. Student loans are inevitable and I don't think I'm willing to fall for that scam.

What do I do?

If you think you are too good for college then go for it.

What are you going to invent? The next Apple, Tesla, or Microsoft?

It's only gonna get harder to invent something innovative with no fundamental skills. You might be able to get some if you are focused and have goals, other than that you'll be a bum the rest of your life.

By the way, none of those companies were good financial moves at the beginning either. They all had to gamble their entire life path to succeed.

I never said I was going to invent something. Point out where I said that, or even implied that, because I'm honestly confused where you got that from.

Don't go to college for the college experience. It's a fucking meme created by movies and colleges themselves to trick you into dropping thousands of dollars in loans on going to school. Seriously bro, if you don't need college, don't do it. Durr parties and getting laid. Guess what? You can do that literally anywhere without having to visit the usurers

You think college is not a good financial move yet you want to party like a college undergrad.

That's the only point you made, and the only point I made is that college is for normies like yourself who otherwise will be a bump their entire lives.

If you think that it will somehow make you developmentally retarded when compared to your peers by not going to college, that is wrong. You will be more well off and much happier with yourself when you grow up, learn how to deal with the real world early and didn't take 4 years off and tens of thousands of dollars in loans to dick around.

Yeah but just to be perfectly honest I'm not sure I have it in me socially to just "find" new friends out of nowhere. It feels like such a pussy move but I almost want to go and drop all that money just for the social structure it will provide me. I guess I'm scared of being free from high school; last summer was boring as hell and that was WITH my current friends, who will mostly all be leaving for college.

No, you were pretty specific when you said I wanted to invent something.

If you seriously believe you need to go into debt to make friends, you are seriously fucked in the head

Your degree is an investment. If you invest in a shit degree from a shit school, you are wasting your time and money.

However a degree in something worthwhile / in demand will bring in more money over time and will make your investment worth it.

I know it sounds fucked when you say it like that, but odds are I meet my future wife at college, and that's pretty important. So is my overall happiness.

Do you have any suggestions? A tier list or something?

Inventing or creating a company that is more viable than college you dofus.

I'm going to be honest with you, if you're looking for a wife, colleges aren't the place to go. Unless you want a wife with debt that you will inevitably pay for and 4 years of cultural Marxist anti-male studies under their belt, go right ahead. You aren't going to find quality wife material at a college. In fact, you'll probably find the opposite. To be perfectly honest with you, quality wife material in general is difficult to find. You're better off taking an art class, doing martial arts, going to church, or chatting up your coworkers. You should get your finances in order anyways, because status and having your shit together trumps college when it comes to finding suitable mates.

found my wife at college. went from a poorfag to a richfag.

Wow congratulations on your anecdotal experience. You're the exception not the rule

Okay dude, just greentext where I said I wanted to do that and get back to me

I don't know man, I just don't have any structure to my life. I really don't enjoy living with my parents and going to work every day as it is. And with most of my friends away for college it's just gonna suck even more.

If you don't enjoy living with your parents, just move out??? you said your doing well enough financially that you don't need college, so what is the fucking problem? And yes, working every day does suck. But you need to work to feed yourself and pay rent. I work everyday too. It sucks but I have to do it and it's part of being an adult. You can go to college for 4 years, but that 4 years will enslave you to debt. Guess what is waiting on the other side of those 4 years? Working. Growing up. Do you really want to add debt to that equation? Debt is fucking stressful. It will make you ten times more miserable not being able to use your money for what you want to do.

Well man, I'd recomend something that you find fairly easy to do or have some knowledge of already.

If you're on Veeky Forums I'll just go ahead and say maybe some kind of information systems / networking degree wouldn't be bad.

Basically, doctors make $. Engineers / Comp Sci folk make $. Financial folks make $. Other than these it's difficult to find a good niche to profit off of. But if you are shit at math or coding don't force yourself to try for one of these degrees.

What do you kinda sorta enjoy that seems to be profitable is my question to you?

Based on his post he seems to be perfectly comfortable with his finances. Don't know why he should even bother with engineering or anything at this point. He's already ahead of his peers if that's the case.

If you're not comfortable please correct me. But your biggest concern seems to be more of the social aspect than anything and not actually finding work.

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was financially well off, I actually don't have enough money to fill up my gas tank at the moment (long story). I do have a couple thousand dollars in memecoins but that's it, no bonds or savings account to my name.

Well programming is something I already excel at, it just seems like such a soulless profession. I'd love to just be a stats guy who can work with big data and figure out demographics and risk and stuff. Not sure if there's a degree specifically for that type of job.

If you could get a 35 or 36 on your ACT "easily", then you should go to a smaller school in your state. I'm sure you could get it almost completely paid for without that much effort.

Then go to community college for 2 years. Get an acceptable GPA. Do what that other guy said. Go do Engineering, Computer Science, or maybe even nursing. You'll be paying almost nothing with financial aid and you'll be able to work on the side to pay for the rest of community college expenses. Then, transfer to a 4 year instead. That way at the very least you'll be cutting your debt in half. Try commuting to 4 year you transfer to and don't live there. But do not go to college for the college experience. It's seriously a fucking bad idea and you'll only be causing yourself more grief.

> it just seems like such a soulless profession
Again, it's a fucking job. Working sucks. Most jobs suck dick. Most people will work a job that sucks dick. A big problem with Western society these days is that they tell every kid that they can do anything and they peddle the implication that life will always be fun. Guess what? That's not necessarily always true. In fact, it's usually always a lie. Working sucks! Being an adult isn't always going to be fun and games! But do yourself a favor and try not to make yourself a slave to the banks, because it will fuck you up more than any job ever could.

How do you figure?

Thanks man, I guess this is what I was trying to hear.

I'm just scared of life in the "real world". I'm scared it's going to be lonely and empty and uneventful.

work fucking sucks, 99% of people who work fucking hate whatever they do. The overall goal though should be to find a job that doesnt make you want to kill yourself and make enough to live comfortably. In the end you should be trying to get out of this wageslave cycle and starting your own business/financially independent or whatever.

Sounds like an actuary

You know, being an actuary actually sounds pretty interesting. Do you know if there's a chance it'll be an over saturated field in a few years? Or is it a pretty safe bet.

I'm wondering this too