I'm feeling down because I bought my first car last year and it's given me so many more problems than I anticipated...

I'm feeling down because I bought my first car last year and it's given me so many more problems than I anticipated. At first that was fine because I wanted a project car anyways (didn't really need transportation, done with school, work a block away from my house). But now I'm overwhelmed, and my girlfriend and dad are hassling me to sell it and get something reliable, I know I should, but I've grown attached to my car and see the potential in it. I still want to save up for a reliable daily, but I want to keep my shitbox to eventually turn it into a dedicated track car. I don't know what i'm expecting by posting here, I just need to vent, maybe get some motivation stories, or maybe just get roasted idk. I know its up to me whatever I decide to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post car

Post it so we can laugh

It's actually not up to you. You think you have free will but you don't. What you perceive as consciousness is nothing more than your body's way of narrating the events unfolding before you and offering an explanation for the natural reactions that it makes to its environment, passing them off as "decisions".

1992 Civic hatchback.

I know people are gonna laugh, but I'm really not insecure about my taste in cars. You like what you like, and there's no way around it.

not a bad car but is a BITCH if not properly maintained. I would keep it and maybe just engine/tranny swap

My plan was to do some small modifications to the car and run it in an all Honda series called Vtec Club that races out here in SoCal. They hold a lot of races at Streets of Willow Springs, which is cool cause I live like 30 mins away from Willow Springs. I was planning on using the D Series, but the previous owner did some dumb shit to it, so I wanted to swap the engine/trans to a d16z6 and Si trans.

Did you put the SPEEDU STARSU sticker on it?

Definitely go to vtec club. Awesome shit.

Truthfully? ...yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w

I want to haha. The car was running, but isn't currently due to either an ignition issue or a timing issue.

Keep it OP. Why the fuck not? Unless you have massive space issues and can't keep 2 cars then just keep the shitbox and save up for a Daily. Fuck your gf and dad if they don't support you or at least mind their own business

Get a set of RPF1s, coils, intake and exhaust. You will have a blast in this car, definitely keep it.

Itt people too beta and scared to make decisions about their life so they choose not to believe in free will. Life is just a simulation created by your brain. None of this is real

What's actually wrong with it?

You've got a nice car for you man, I wouldn't get rid of it if you really like it and want to do the track stuff with it. I'm scared ill be in the same boat as you though since I just did something similar last month and bought myself a project car (94 miata), and I cant really do much to it because of shitty weather situations and insurance. My garage door is jammed too so it just sits in my driveway constantly getting covered in snow every week and that shit just makes me sad and worried ill get discouraged from working on it and stuff.

DX model came stock with the D15B7, previous owner put a D16Y8 vtec head on the B7 block. so it has vtec, but it doesn't pass smog due to running super rich. So I've been spending my time trying to figure out why its running so rich. My best guess is the O2 sensor is being bypassed because of the chipped ECU. Besides that, lots of cosmetic issues, outside of car was repainted phantom grey pearl without any sanding, or priming, and looks like shit, engine bay and interior is the oem tahitian green pearl color. Lots of small dents. Don't care too much about the cosmetic stuff, but I do want to do an engine/trans swap eventually.

Yeah, our garage is packed with stuff so no room for cars, and our driveway is already full since my brother and I working on an E30 project car, and our engine donor car is also in the driveway. And then my car as well since its on non-op.

RPF1s are nice but I feel are a little overplayed. I was thinking either some Kosei K1s or a set of used Integra Type R rims. Bought the car with Koni Sport shocks, so I'm planning on getting some Ground Control sleeves. Also wanted to modify the stock airbox to feed straight from the bumper with some ducting, and as for exhaust I either wanted to do a Spoon N1 axel back or a Tanabe medallion cat back.

keep it. every project has a hump of shitty maintenance. once you get over that hump it feels so good. worth it man trust me

Had 95 Civic hatchback as well. Keep it. I regret selling mine, event though it did have some problems (windshield had a crack, passenger window handle broken, rust, rotted out muffler, and once the upper rad hose came off while driving, which was a pain).

Still such a great car. So much fun, and only $40 a tank. Think about it this way, a car that had those issues, was 20 years old, 277k km, and I still miss it. It should tell you they're worth keeping.

Great car to start work on to learn about cars. I have a 09 Civic now, and yeah, I like it more and it's better, but I'm better able to take care of it because I had that shitbox before it.

This op. Fuck your girl friend while her dad watches if they don't mind their own business