Now they're getting really cocky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kDaNf8MW6qU?t=3m51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

#proudfakers

Noticed this especially on Mercs. Virgin exhaust covers. All about the exposed chad exhaust.

It's supposed to look refined and futuristic for the ladies (the buyers), you know, like an ipad or some stupid matte silver/white scifi prop, instead of raw and mechanical, you know, like a car. The stark, offensive shapes of machinery are as hidden as possible so at no point does the viewer think it's anything but a magical bar of soap.

>a magical bar of soap
Holy fuck this is spot on.. and hilarious

Why is it so difficult for them to make a molded tip? The scion xB had it.

Because it would move. Can't have parts of the car visibly moving, because then it wouldn't look like a giant magical piece of plastic.

Cars are magic to people now. It's unreal.

I was sitting on my bike at a light and someone asked me if it was broken because the engine was "making weird noises". That's just how engines sound, but apparently newer cars have so little noise that people think a DOHC fuel injected engine sounds like a gentle hum instead of a bunch of clattering and clicking. They're magical bars of soap you get in to go on road trips with. Displacement is a measurement of cup holders.

Too true. My GF used to just think of a car as an appliance, but after years of watching me/helping me do maintainance, she has learned that they are actually complex machines that are fairly easy to understand once you break them down. She asked me to teach her to drive stick because she saw that I love it and wants to know how... now she wants to take the MSF and get a bike...

Why is this a thing in the first place?

im happier with an exposed exhaust than this plastic frame bullshit

Do normies really find this ugly? Or are these fake exhausts something car manufacturers came up with while normies just don't give a shit?

A proper exhaust always looks better

This is the best exhaust setup.
The snek is also pretty gud.

I dunno, but I suspect the normies had a hand in it. From a manufacturing / maintenance standpoint it's cheaper and easier to have the exhaust simply hang below the car.

Say what you will about Subaru, at least the WRX still has a real exhaust system and an engine bay that you can see the ground through.

>Seeing the ground in the engine bay

Rare nowadays..

Most definitely R8 I think did it first then other brands focus tested it and saw normons liked it regardless of fake or real and so they made them fake.

>people complain about RIDICULOUS looking exhaust tip covers where you can see from a low angle that they're fake
>gets even mainstream media coverage

>in return, brands now shift from having the inner part painted black to kinda make it harder to see to making the covers inside in BRIGHT SHADES SO THAT THE FAKE HOLE REALLY PIERCES INTO YOUR EYESIGHT FROM ALL FUCKING ANGLES AND YOU CAN'T LOOK AWAY FROM THE FAKENESS

>mfw

maybe some china source fucked up and forgot to paint the inner part and GM though "fuck it, we'll roll with it.. plebs won't notice anyways"

>audi btfo so hard they just don't bother anymore
TOP FUCKING KEK

well at least they're still painting it black

even lexus lfa does it kek

Because sometimes exhausts get so hot they burn or otherwise damage materials around them
Example: GT3RS on a dyno
youtu.be/kDaNf8MW6qU?t=3m51s
Just scroll through various parts of the video, you'll see the bumper around the exhaust getting more and more tarnished

You could say, well just move the exhaust just a tiny bit further away from everything else but yeah muhh panel gaps muh everything fits together muh can't be different from other brands

i don't really see the issue