Is it unacceptable to rebadge a car?

Is it unacceptable to rebadge a car?
Even if just for packages? (v6 badge on a non v6 trim, ect)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kStTxiauix0?t=120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is the most nigger thing you can do to a car aside from stealing it. It is vain and in the case of petrolheads you won't be fooling anyone. In the dutch caliphate people tend to debadge performance cars to reduce the chances of it being stolen and used as a getaway vehicle, most often done with RS6's

Yes, unless it's a non OEM badge
For example
>SS badges on an LS swapped miata

nothing wrong with a vw badge on the hood and a bmw badge on the trunk of a prius

The only acceptable badges on cars are Supreme stickers.

absolutely disgusting

you can buy a factory mercedes with amg package and all the trim but its still a 1.6 diesel

its just a huge waste of money

''buh waht if i lik dis trim bru''
then take the fucking badge off, you know who you are

fuck off, nigger
only factory decals are acceptable

no u

Ah yes, the brand that indicates someone is a sheep with no taste.

The only people who are going to care what trim level your car is are the same people who will be able to tell you've upbadged your shitbox. Don't do it.

Incorrect.

What if you've rebadged your car to be the same as it was before?

Why? You're trying to pretend your car is something it's not, which is the most faggy thing you can do. Putting higher spec wheels or fenders on your car is acceptable if you like the looks, but badges are pure faggotry.
Or this, but it's pretty rare

OP here, I only ask because I was thinking about maybe rebadging my s500 to a s55 AMG. Or maybe a s600

There are entire instagram accounts dedicated to you and your people.

In other words, you're a tryhard faggot trying to pretend he's something he's not. Just like I thought

What about debadging

nigger

I hate it, yet I'm guilty of it myself.
Granted I didn't do it, the previous owner did, but I haven't removed it.
This is a 2003 USDM WRX with a JDM STI front clip and a JDM STI trunk and wing. Granted, I'm putting a forged engine into it and it's going to make more power than the JDM Bugeye STI. Also, the United States never got a Bugeye STI so I'm copying a car that doesn't even exist in America.
The AW11 is also mine.

In conclusion, I'm only partially a scumbag.

Debadging is an iffy sort of thing. It depends what the purpose is. If you feel like the badges ruin the lines of the car or make it look less clean, or you have an AMG or M car and you want to make it more of a sleeper, it's fine!
If you're doing it because you bought a shit brand like a Kia or Hyundai, then kill yourself.

How about rebadging with the originals from its home market?

No you moron, the only people you are fooling are complete normies that dont know anything about cars and yourself

I dont have a problem with this
Want your IS300 to be an Altezza
SS to Holden
G37 and Q50 to Skyline
Go for it, why not

But you can't actually tell the difference unless you look at some of the interior or open the hood

Poorfag

Only if it's ironic. V8 twinturbo badges on an A Class are encouraged.

Is it acceptable to debadge a car?

Absolutely, consider suicide

Vauxhaul is just a nicer logo than Opel

>He doesn't waste his money on cheap fabric which only function is to look nice.
>He must be a poorfag!
Pic related is you and your choice of clothing is ricer tier.

>bought a mrs
>has SHITLOAD of TTE parts installed at german tuning house and TTE resin badges which are aparrently rare or something on the side
>tfw want to delet the badges and replace them with more readable TRD badges
>have since removed vain faggy retarded ricer mods and turned the car more into a featherweight dailiable racecar
I feel like the TRD badges are completely valid.

I agree with
It's perfectly fine to me and honestly, bretty neat. I saw a Chevy SS with Holden badges on it at a Cars & Coffee and I was thinking, that's pretty sweet.

is it acceptable to shave trim Veeky Forums?

TRD is valid because it isn't a performance trim for cars. It is for off-road with trucks, so slapping TRD logos on a nonTRD Tacoma would be a dick move, but on an MR2, Celica, Supra, Corolla, etc, it's sweet af if the car is actually modified, and even better if the car is raced.

Trim shaving is perfectly fine 90% of the time. I say 90% because I'm sure there's an exception where it's gay.

Yes, as long as you keep the make badges on it.
i.e., on the RSX Type S there's the A badge on the rear, the Acura badge on the left, and the RSX Type S badge on the right, it would be acceptable to remove all badges except the A badge. Same thing with any car that has trim level badges.
Removal of the make badge just makes the car look naked.

but what if in order to shave trim you use trim from another model?

Like any other cosmetic mod, the rule of thumb is that it depends on whether you're understating or overstating your car's ability: the former provides sleeper cred and causes double-takes at car meets, while the latter just makes you look like an insecure poorfag pretending that his mom's shitbox is a race car.
Dressing your car up as a higher trim will make you look like a pretentious scrub, because anyone who knows enough about cars to care about the differences will most likely be able to spot the differences too.
Dressing it down as a lower trim, on the other hand, is alright because it doesn't look pretentious; it even serves a practical purpose by making your car less attractive to joyriders and thieves.

>not slapping ss badges to everything you own

>If you're doing it because you bought a shit brand like a Kia or Hyundai, then kill yourself.
Its a debadged 2008 VW Golf MKV so it could go either way tbqh

Lets say you wanted a red mitsubishi logo on your car instead of a silver one
is that alright?

youtu.be/kStTxiauix0?t=120

>caring about some faglord crying about your vehicle being rebadged
wow what a pack of fucking losers

It is not an honor given, but earned.

I'd think you have shit taste but I wouldn't think you're a shit person.

Nah that's fine. Everyone knows that's a Golf, and it's not like the GTI is anything rare or special so it's not like you're trying to make people think it's a GTI.

Wtf do you even mean?

Yeah it looks gay

better to debadge

Not sure if talking about supreme or RWB

cute ~uwu~

t. aus

Rebadgeing has gotten out of hand. This guy is trying to make everyone think he has the exclusive "Ford Escape Rav4 Edition". Who does he think he's fooling

Poser faggot loser shitfucker.

This better be fucking b8

yeah you're right
I'll keep it silver

that plastidip job was really ugly.

I would never do it... but I'm all for slapping fake amg and M badges... especially as a troll to make people rage.

It's kinda post-ironic in a way

Scions should all Toyotas

unacceptable

what would possess someone to do this?

Toyota on a GM.

On cars like the 5-series.
It is often enough to rebadge to what ever you desire and put on a twintip exhaust tip.
No one would be able to tell since the i6 range from 2.0 to 3.0

I don't understand why you would do this. An S500 is a very nice car, and it blatantly isn't an S55 AMG so why put the badge on? Normies won't know the difference so it isn't impressing them, and car people will tell instantly that you are full of shit so why?

DURRR plant

There is a Mercedes CLS 320 diesel near me and the guy has taken the 0 off and stuck an AMG badge on so it looks like CLS 32 AMG. They don't even exist. Makes him look a right twat

Hey Outsider
Why aren't you a tripfag?
You're trip material

When I was younger I thought putting a bunch of fake badges on a POS project car would be hilarious like Porsche F-150 SLS on an old MX5 but later I realized that it would be stupid and a waste of money for the humor to be lost on most people and I'd have to explain it too often

You cant filter me without a trip

you must be 18 or older to post here you little shitfuck.

Good b8

>IT'S TIME FOR, SCOTTY KILMER CHANNEL

RWB is a strange paradox of having good taste to want an old 911 and simultaneously terrible taste for wanting to throw a cheap, fat, flashy body kit onto it.

Post your cousin.

I really want to throw an STI badge on a Crosstrek. Just as a joke.

This guy in my town has a base model Fiesta that he lowered, put big wheels on, bought an ST bodykit and spoiler and put red stripes on it. Then he took an ST badge and removed the T and stuck the S on the back.

Personally I think it's fucking ridiculous.

I'm sure your personality is unique mr snowflake :)

I want a e34 540i with a 518i badge. Am I a faggot?

Bruh, that's cool

Nah that's pretty funny, I want a 2.7 twin turbo swapped Passat with shitbox-trim unpainted bumpers, steelies and 1.6 badging myself

>bodybuilding.com

typical misc'r right there

maybe he crashed his Rav4

what about adding performance badges ironically just to piss off car guys

mugen badge on my acura cl, i get a laugh every time i see it still

>saudi oil instagram prince on a budget

>first car was a bright red cavalier z24
>friend had a junked buick century in his yard
>Proceed to rebadge as Buick Cavalier Custom

>adding performance badges ironically
>i was only pretending

I but the badge of my old car that blew up on my new car as a sign of respect. the legacy emblem lives on

Well when it comes to debadging... Not that I'm saying they care all that much really apart from the few seconds we're stuck at the lights but normies think my car is a v6 all the time. Most normies know about SS variants.
Even people with performance cars get fooled. It's because a lot of people with V6's put quad tips on the back and then debadge. It means I get a few more cunts in slow shitheaps cutting in front of me in traffic but I don't mind. Those occasions when I have a bit of of space in front of me makes it worthwhile. It's fun debadging a performance car... not least from the reaction you get from car guys in countries like Australia and the US. I like it :)