Old subaru’s are cool as fuck

old subaru’s are cool as fuck

t, lesbian

>there will never be another brat

22B is cool
SVX was too cool and futuristic for its own good

back when Subaru still now spaceships, not just boxy lesbian cars.

>tfw these are impossible to find

It's ok user, it's 2018, people are more accepting.

>One near me for $1200 bucks.
>Running
>Few minor cosmetic issues

If they weren't so fucking impossible to find parts for, i'd be all over it.

I searched all the craigslist ads within 300 miles of me, I found a single rusted-out "ran when parked" example. Feels bad man.

>Shitting on decent cars
>Being a homophobe
Boy I can tell you do a lot of socializing away from a screen.

Even here in Ausfalia they're pretty hard to find and the rust is pretty much a feature.

I'm not even straight myself, that would be a bit weird if I was a homophobe. Seems like you're the homophobe if you think me associating a car with lesbians is a bad things.

Im Biased but I agree.

my negro

There are two near me in pretty good condition owned by the same guy. He's a mechanic so they're in good hands.

worked at a subaru shop and had one in the lobby. Funny, even though it was a subby shop the owner still admitted they were pieces of shit. Just easy to run a shop and have a tiny parts room w/ everything and lesbo bucks to rake in.

360's are the coolest.

>tfw silly americans and their v8s put a big rotund air filter on top
>in grorious nippon we will put a spare wheel there so dumb, loud americans will think it looks normal

Its okay, mate. It is just a meme. I happily refer to my Forester as a lesbian car. I know it is still capable, comfy, and insane off road. The memes don't effect that.

The best part is the REAL air filter on carb'd versions looks like a big peanut.

Americans like peanuts, right?

better angle

oh the things i would do for a pristine Manual Swap JDM SVX with a new exhaust and reupholstered interior.

It's Negro month so of course we love peanuts!

Subaru SVX would be almost perfect car if it wasn't autotragic only. Oh well, old Legacies seem kinda interesting, what can Veeky Forums tell me about them?

EJ swap when

My negro

>old Legacy
Well, they're old. There were some neat turbo ones along the way, but they're, well, old.

If you really wanted to make a project of one, I guess it would be lighter than a modern one, especially if it's half rusted away.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen legacies are the best ones, I'm partial to 2nd gen because it's relatively light and can easily swap for other Subaru parts like struts, front sway bars, control arms, and brakes. Other gens might also swap parts similarly but I know 2nd gens do it very easily

Soon(tm)

Anyone done an FA/FB swap on an older scoob yet?

>Rothmans Livery Legacy

I plan on swapping for a turbo EJ engine. Don't see why I'd want to do an FA since they're covered in gear for emissions and efficiency. Just complicates things.

Plus already having an EJ25d I'll be able to swap for an EJ257 relatively easily

>Being a homophobe

>tfw you'll never own a Baja turbo

>being pro gay

rev-up that degeneration of society!!

These are my favorite style subarus.
Would like to turbo one but all the ones in my area are rusted to shit.
If subaru had better rustproofing they would have a much higher status in my book.

>gf drags me to this cross country ski park
>parking lot is full of Subarus
>trail is full of families and lesbians
memes writes themselves

>"MUH DEGENERACY"
>posting in a website full of pedos, outcasts, fuck ups and criminals, half of its boards dedicated to homo things and pedo fantasies

lmfao neck yourself

>families and lesbians
You didn't think this post out did you?

Yea they were fucking dope

What's up

Subaru 360

fuck off to then you fucking homo

you gtfo you fucking faggot you're the one whining about MUH FAMILY VALUES on a website half dedicated to degenerate faggotry lmfao

get rekt

NO. NO. NO. FAG MOBILES. LOL VAPE ALERT. FUCKING CHAD. NO. FAGGOT. GAY! AWD. OH WHERE DO U LIVE IN THE SOUTH POLE? NO? FAGGOT! LMAO. PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT LOL WOW. H-HEAD. HEADGASKETS! LMAO. PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT HEADGASKETS EVERY 25 MILES. LMAO. PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT LOL. LOL. OMG LOL. PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT VAPE BRO FAGGOT

i've never even seen that before

>4wd
>hatchback
>perfect to carry skis and travel in snow
fedoraheadass

this looks straight out of a concept design

you fucking twink

7488?

so fuck off back to one of those containment boards you mentally ill degenerate piece of shit, there's also reddit for your filthy kind

>soy boy cant change a head gasket
lol get lost normie

>Being a homophobe
kys my dude

this is a no-crow zone.

I’ve seen at least five of these in my area, no way to tell if they’re turbo though

Both of you fuck off back to /pol/, we’re talking about cars here

loud and slow = no turbo
XT = Subaru Ute STi

>Not preferring the original

The communists have made it illegal to have that much visibility in a modern vehicle.

I do prefer the original, my dream wagon is a '91 Legacy RS. Only problem is they're getting harder to find and there's not much aftermarket, so someone who's learning about legacies would be better off starting on a 2nd or 4th gen

Hood scoop = turbo

What?

Yeah just like on the gcs in America right?

Yeah just like my car right? ()

you wanna fight twig boy

I sold mine to a dude in Chicago for $1000 even with a blown intake gasket. It was manual and turbo, but only FWD and pretty worn on the inside. Only one rust spot though.

Love em, our family has owned about 12 subarus. Hate the headgasket problems with the 2.5.

No one cares faggot

>the headgasket problems with the 2.5.
Do those keep happening after the factory gasket has been changed? I thinking about buying an Outback that's already had a had gasket replacement, and I'd rather not bother with something that's going to keep needing a huge repair like that.

>not being a homophobe
turn off the pc and neck yourself faggot

My girlfriend wants to replace her Honda with a WRX, is she about to leave me for a woman?

no shes about to leave you for the BBC

I'll see her on TV?

yeah on BLACKED

Not unless the engine overheated and warped or otherwise got damaged in the process. They specified a replacement gasket that doesn't suck.

It's like the rear wheel bearings on the Imprezas and Forresters just prior. When they go out you put in a Legacy bearing and then it doesn't blow out again.

>WRX

She's just gonna start vaping.

I have two (2) questions:

1.) All these comments about head gasket problems, are these a common problem across whole Subaru range or limited to specific engine?

2.) Few years ago I saw shitloads of comments about glass transmissions every time someone mentioned Subaru on Veeky Forums is this a common problem or limited to certain WRX models?

I used to have a subaru legacy L wagon a year ago. Bought it summer 2016 with 112k miles for 2850 dollars. Although it was gas efficient and somewhat reliable, it was such a slow turd I can't even comprehend. Not to mention changing things like spark plugs and wires requires to take off shit in the engine bay. I figured the head gasket was going out since it was losing some power to it. Anyone getting a subaru, don't even bother with legacy.

1. I think the head gasket was mostly common with the 2.5 lt engines. 2.2, based on what I heard, is a reliable engine

2. I have no comment on the transmission.

>1
It's almost entirely due to a limited range of NA 2.5L engines from 20 years ago that got famous for it.

>2
They released the WRX in the US using the 5-speed manual they'd been using for ages and all the vapekids broke them trying to do cool 4 wheel burnouts and cranking the boost way up. The 6-speeds are built to handle the abuse better.

I miss my on demand AWD and my engine spare tire...

I replaced mine with aluminum gaskets, haven't had any problems since. Subaru uses shitty construction paper gaskets from the factory so they burn away until oil from the open-deck block finds a way into the cylinders

Since the mid/late 2000s they've gone closed deck and use better gaskets so most newer Subarus don't have the problem

u sure got him whiteboi

The french did it first tho.

Its to keep your donut nice and crispy when you need to change a spare

It's a funny car but the bed always feels too short to do much with, not that it stops relatives from packing every bit of furniture they can into it anyways.

But I'm already a non white with a big dick and poor credit score, no reason to leave for another KARA BOGA (peace be upon them)

H E C K

now thats a pretty wagon. And I wish mine had on demand AWD. Was yours Carb, Single point or multipoint injection?

those wheels are horrendous what the fuck

You have absolutely no taste and probably were born after 9/11.

wrong