imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/se62yVZG

Old thread hit the bump limit

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13390542
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/dynamic-invasions.61060/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's "basic" melee even like? The only playthrough I used melee was my very very first one and that was with yoyo's which I don't really think qualify as a traditional melee weapons, honestly. Given how you get shat on by staying too near most bosses (no distance to dodge) is it even possible at certain stages?

Most lategame melee weapons are projectiles, have projectiles or otherwise range. A "classic" melee playthrough is next to impossible and would sooner or later become incredible boring with the current combat system.

>hunting for wizard
>gets killed by mobs before I can reach him
>twice in a row

Why god

>tfw no one joined your server
>tfw people keep trying to connect with the wrong port

Wat is this

Have you considered putting the port number after the ip when you post it.

How hard is it to make hardmode true melee weapons that deal damage proportional to their risk
shit modders

But user, the port number is default.

I need to actually get some more NPCs, but to do that I need to do some progression, but to do that I need to go and get some more life crystals
But I do at least have a few houses waiting now

>Most lategame melee weapons are projectiles, have projectiles or otherwise range
>make ranged weapons
>call them melee
sasuga

Functional limits of the combat design in this game. There's not a whole lot of design space in "swings overhead" or "thrusts" and that's even before we get to the fact that trying to not take damage while in melee range is fool's game.

Make Huge Swords that require spacing and positioning, while still allowing the player to stay a reasonable melee distance back.

Day 5 of construction on the superdome. The spider menace grows more aggressive knowing that they cannot reach us.

Wait how do you know people are connecting to the wrong port? Are you monitoring your modem/router?
If you're talking about the port number after the IP of the person connecting, that's their port number, not the port they're connecting to.

My dungeon has literally no areas dedicated to where Skeleton Snipers spawn. Is my only option hoping that one spawns with the 5% chance or starting a new world and progressing to the necessary point?

What should I do now that I have full health, gold armor, and some demonite weapons? I found that one dungeon where the guy says I need to come back at night. Am I ready for that?

>not monitoring your routers when publicly posting your IP on Veeky Forums

they spawn with the rusty bones, in the slab wall area, can you manually place the slab walls from other dungeons to force the spawn?

Placed walls don't spawn mobs.

Yeah, just make a new world to farm in.

well shit going through the bosses again is gonna be a drag even if the killing will be quick

>>Placed walls don't spawn mobs.
damn, cant do it with tedit either?

They wouldn't be placed walls if you tedited them in.

Is this vanilla or modded?

Get your self Demonite Armor if you can. Also, try to get rid of the roof over the porch of the Dungeon, and put some line of platforms that you can jump up and down from. You'll need a Demonite Pickaxe to mine the bricks.

Craft a campfire, regeneration potions, and ironskin potions and go fight Skeletron on the rooftop.
His main attacks are easy to read and just require either jumping over them or moving away from him. You can either take out his hands to make the fight a bit less frantic or you can just keep hitting the skull for direct damage since you aren't required to take out the hands.

Probably going to shut it down, no one has been on but me in past 24hrs.

>Not saying it's modded
>wondering why people aren't connecting

People are probably assuming it's vanilla you dingus.

There was zero confusion about the state of things in the last thread ya dingus.

Looking to get into modded? Here's some mod recommendations:

Content Mods (Pick One):
>Thorium
>Spirit Mod
>Calamity
Other Content Mods exist, some are even decent. These are just the big 3.

Utility Mods:
>LuiAFK
>Fargo's (don't use the accesories, they are OP but the Mutant NPC is amazing)
>Which Mod Is This From
>Recipe Browser
>AlchemistNPC if you want to make Lui's easier
>Yet Another Boss Health Bar
>Boss Checklist
>Auto Trash
>Omni Swing (not a fan of it myself, and I think it might have issues with some weapons)
>Magic Storage
>MoreAccesories+ (Not needed, as it will technically make end game easier, but with so many modded accesories out there, it's nice to have another slot. Also not needed with Calamity, as enabling this mod disables Calamity's extra slot)

Be warned, imkSushi causes some mod bosses to randomly despawn. a lot of people will recommend this mod, but at the very least don't use it with Calamity.

Cheat Mods:
>Cheat Sheet
>HERO'S Mod
>Modder's Toolkit

These are useful for finding weapon data, or testing things.

What does imkSushi mod do?

A lot of small utility stuff. It mainly adds tokens that can be traded in for treasure/rare loot. For example, if you kill enough stuff in the jungle to scrounge up 35 Jungle Tokens, you can craft those into pretty much your choice of a Jungle chest drop. The conflict between it and some bosses is currently unknown. It's just Calamity on its own, bosses don't despawn. In every reported case of the bosses despawning there's only ever 2 potential mods in common: imkSushi, or maxstacksplus.

Maxstacksplus is redundant since Fargo's has similar functionality. And last I heard Lui was considering adding it to Luiafk since some of his features are dependant on having another mod increase stack size anyway.

calamity bosses do despawn for no reason sometimes

I've never had it happen, the devs have never had it happen. Many people have never had it happen. If you've had the bosses despawn with just calamity enabled, no other mods, then you should report it to Fabsol. As-is there's no recorded case of the bosses despawning with just Calamity. It's potential other mods create the conflict as well, but the two common ones are imkSushi and MaxStackPlus.

Pic related. Yes the main dev is a brony. Despite that it's still easily the best content mod available at this point in time. A more recent post on the discord narrowed it down to imkSushi and MaxStackPlus. Not sure how they came to that conclusion, beyond talking to the people reporting bosses despawning.

What's the most balanced content mod? I look for more content that adds nicely to vanilla instead of completely replacing it.

>cannot reach us

The door's wide open though, they're just distracting you from the operatives they already sent in

only mods i have are calamity, fargo, what mod is this from and wheres my items

I've had Calamity only runs where Cryogen, Brimstone Elemental, and Devourer would randomly despawn. No other mods except for max stacks and auto trash. Sounds like max stacks might be an issue with it.

>strawpoll.me/13390542

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

How do I fix this so that the invasion doesn't all spawn on the seabed like retards? I'm thinking dirt walkway above the water covered in teleport pads to bring them up to my level but I don't want to invest the time and effort if they'll just keep spawning below it. Other possibility is just move the whole thing higher, but I'd prefer if I could just do they above as it'd be much faster.

I don't have a solution but have a spicy meme

>that image
>those shapes
>thinking he's in pain
dudes having the time of his life my nigga

I had all these bosses despawn on me multiple times without any other mods.

Is there any way to, say, add a music box with a custom song without replacing a song already in the game?

Corruption
>More aesthetically pleasing, purple > red
>Better theme
>Worm Scarf
>Better looking, if weaker, weapons

Although Crimson has a considerably better set of enemies I don't particularly like it
>tfw stunlocking the Brain in Expert with Arkhalis when it sets up the decoys and you're pretty much a hair away from touching it and the four are just as opaque, so you're surrounded by brains
It has its moments, though

I agree for the most part, but the demonite sword just looks fucking awful

This looks like a very weird and distorted smily face

Does anyone have screenshots of the luiafk auto builders in action?
Thinking of using it in next playthrough.

How the fuck do I get magic storage to work? Everytime I enable it, I get this message.
I have Thorium, Spirit, Calamity, and boss checklist enabled just fine, the moment I enable magic storage it crashes

I have it enabled with Thorium and Boss Checklist so it's likely one of the other two mods.
Check the forum thread on MagicStorage to see if anyone's pointed that crash out

I have it fine with all of those but Calamity.

The odd thing is that on the mod page itself, it has compatibility with Calamity

Try updating?

And by Updating I don't mean the mod, I mean your Terraria and tModLoader.

Turns out every one of my mods is outdated pretty bad, I'll update and report. Tmod and terraria are updated already

After updating everything, I have the exact same error

And it doesnt work after disabling Calamity

There are a few decent attempts at interesting close-quarters weapons in hardmode, like the baghnakhs and mushroom spear. The crossover event adds more, namely the octopod and inferno brand. The devs just gave up on close-quarters really quickly in 1.2.

This is the version of Terraira and tModLoader I currently have, are you CERTAIN you're updated?
Or is that just a screenshot of someone else's game you grabbed?

I connected when overhaul was still there.
The problem might be that theres another server going on right now
But that one gets shut down pretty soon.
After that its your time to shine

I concur, it's most likely a version mismatch causing his error.

Thank you for your kind words of support user

Just make shields, accessories (since the cobalt shield is already one of those) that let you right click to block attacks if you're holding a melee weapon. Proper timing lets you parry enemy attacks (including bosses), stunning them for some time, while just holding a shield up blocks part of the damage and makes enemies bounce back without going straight through you.

Thorium and Spirit (and hell even Tremor to some extend) work well enough together, it's just Calamity that has its own batshit insane sense of progression.

Definitely Thorium.

>Description: This mod is based off of a dream I had where I created a mod which adds a new Moon Lord drop, named Bowman's Buttocks, which was a bow which did 720 damage. I still don't know how to make it droppable, so instead it's craftable.

GLORIOUS

One of my playthroughs I managed to fish up a Hurtful Falcon Blade and up until the Wall of Flesh I used that to smack everything. It made King Slime, the Eye and the Brain a walk in the park. Had to switch to magic/ranged for Skelefriend and Queen Bee tho.

>1.3.6 spoilers
Why is there no talk about fixing the time dilation issue in multiplayer?

>time dilation
what?

rate

>evil biome in the middle of comfy snowy field
STOP IT

>crimson biome inside snow biome
complete shit/10

b-but I saved half of it! with my trench!

Post your world then.

This appeared ever since me and my friends updated to the 1.3.5.3. We don't use any mods. Here's what happened:
>open the server
>friend joins
>everything is fine
>Martian event
>gets all buggy with item drops and picking up coins, we ignore it
>friend says come here
>I come, but he registers it a few seconds late
>I drop him an item
>doesn't appear on his screen
>appears a few seconds later
>suspicious.png
>event done
>everything returns to normal

>lunar event
>friend says "come here, I can't do this alone"
>I say I'm here, next to you
>"no, you're in base"
>dude, I'm killing shit next to you
>I die
>he gets the death message 30 seconds late
>wtf

>try an experiment
>check clocks
>mine says 12:45 his says 11:04
>the fuck

>reset the server, get another friend on
>see if he has the same error
>wait a minute irl
>my clock says 16:00, first connected friend's says 15:10, second friend's says 14:30
>I leave our base around 16:20
>they see me leaving when THEIR clocks say 16:20

Then we killed the towers and moon lord came. He was unkillable because on my screen he was in the final stage, on my friend's he still had an arm left. His HP would reset to full whenever I'd teleport to heal, so I couldn't do it because we were all actually soloing an expert Moon Lord with more HP (because multiplayer).

Seems like the time dilation happens during events, and time accelerates to normal for everyone once the event ends.

sounds like the host PC might be on a potato with bad upload

I have the best upload of us all (40Mbps) That's why I'm hosting. It didn't happen before the last update. We started the game on 1.3.4.4 and everything was fine.
Guess the game's shit engine is finally collapsing.

can't you just clentaminate it later? only real problem is the jungle since you cant really recover it

Spoilers: you literally can't finish the final wave unless you kill the Dark Mage. As in, you can kill as many monsters as you want but the progress counter will be stuck on 99% until you kill that faggot.
It's a better idea to set as many traps as you can one one side of the crystal, then camp one of the portals until the mage spawns and focus solely on him. Even if the gaydragons damage your crystal, as long as you kill one or two mages the even will be cleared.

no

omigosh I was looking at TEdit and I saw a sky island was fully Hallowed and it gave me the best idea ever. What if I infect my sky islands and leave the rest of my world squeaky clean? Crimson and Corruption are soooooo ugly but they are pretty important sadly. :/

you'd still need souls and drops from underground crimson/corruption

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/dynamic-invasions.61060/
this works pretty well with banner bonanza, just grab some banners from the rack and make your own invasion type

I've been spacing them on both sides, but this sounds like a much better plan.

Thorium bard playthrough here, I've just attempted my first fight with the Ragnarok and died from the defiler's timed debuff execution move.

I'm using the Black Obamafone and the Moon Lord tier bard armor, with all three post moon lord bard accessories.

I manage to dodge most of their attacks while circling around on the wyvern mount, but I couldn't deal enough damage before the debuff killed me.

How can I beat these guys? Should I transition into another class? Is it impossible as bard?

ded

bahmp

Arise!!!

>the only thing left to do is beating the Wall of Flesh
>but you don't want to do it until you're absolutely sure that everything is ready for hardmode

How to be ready for hard mode:
>Have a Molten Pick or Reaver Shark

That's it. You're ready for hard mode.

>Not containing the important biomes before moving to hardmode
No, thanks.

That would be the inferno brand. Unfortunately, it's locked away behind a shitty crossover event and will most likely be useless by the time you grind enough ogre kills to get it..

>contain the important biomes
>the extra corruption/crimson biome spawns literally on top of the jungle
checkmate

That won't stop the initial V, it's pointless to do pre-hardmode. Also the clentaminator exists.

best way to construct something that looks like a clock? Or should I just turn this into a sorta tower room?

you could make the wizard live up there

true I also reshaped it to make it look less retarded