Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/

I wish I had a sportbike so I could do better riding offroad: Edition.

>Motorcycle Shitposting and Brand Shilling
>Motorcycle Penis Rating
>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

No friends? Start here:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:

No Grom? Start here:
cycle-ergo.com

A2 Bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/seS2lp7WFbU
youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOFimB7ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=mdBp6zerwwA
youtube.com/watch?v=uhCocXAskWw
youtube.com/watch?v=E6vvntP56mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Honda

Work hard, buy motos

Kawasaki a best.

whoops I meant to say Kawasaki sorry guys for the mistake

Yup

shut up nobody cares

Finally, a man of good taste.

No u

If you put 70/30s you wouldn't have dropped the bike.

Off Topic: What's a good dash cam?

First for red lead.

can you post another photo of the Versys? That same photo is starting to become old

check the bottom of the last thread
we were talking abot cams and dash cams are mentioned

Nth for something

GoPro on chin if you want any sort of decent footage

Baby Nin can be in club Kawa too... r-right?

Yup,
youtu.be/seS2lp7WFbU

Not looking for footage, just a little insurance I guess. I had a close call the other day.

>dat z125
Yum

KLR is better for military uses. That's why Japan and US armies use the 650. Not that the Versys is bad.

meant to say klx for Japan. US uses klr

my mistake

Hell yeah.

I have this thing on the side of my helmet. It's out of the way and easy to use, but the footage isn't great. I think it could get number plates from a decent distance, and the image stabilisation is excellent. I'll see if I have some on my PC and I'll make a webm

They are both bad

ok sorry daddy

Fact

ANY ROAD ANY TIME

All I can think after reading this is Harley can afford to have shops in every country because they charge stupid amounts for old tech with inbuilt death wobble".

>tfw no adventure gf

Here come the boring Webms. The camera is a Sony HDR-AS20. I think it was one of their first action cams, so I'm not sure how much better the new ones are.

Another problem is the waterproof case can't be removed from the helmet easily once it's stuck on.

I'm a leaf in southern ontario looking for a comparatively (insurance wise) cheap form of transportation within the city from spring to fall. I am obviously going to be taking a safety course, but what bike would you recommend to me? I am more interested in classic styled bikes. pic related

kill yourself my mans

Lol rip ur dreams

Hits you in the heart.

Motorcycling is not a cheap form of transportation. It's probably one of the more expensive ways. Maybe a scooter or a cheap shitbox.

>cheap insurance
>ontario
Wew

This. Only way it's going to be cheap is if you get a shitty scooter.
I hope you're insuring a $150k+ car

Right now I would be looking at paying around 6-7k a year in car insurance

What if its a $3k drz :^)

My car maintenance costs are way more expensive thanks to increased mass and complexity, not to mention the fuel savings. And insurance is super cheap.

Has anyone tried mounting a MOHOC camera to their motorcycle helmet? It's held on with "industrial strength velcro" but I'm not sure how well that would hold up while speeding around

>6-7k a year in car insurance

What did you do, leaf? Not say sorry after cutting someone off in traffic?

To add, the cost of maintenance + gear + accessories add up. It's only cheaper for me to have a motorcycle instead of a car is because of the amount of money I save in parking.

2017 was my first season on the road, i had just gotten my M1 and bought an 01 SV650S. I had JUST taken the ontario MSF, no other motorcycle riders in the house. I was paying ~1400/year. After i got my M2 it dropped to just a hair over 1200/year. First year, gear, bike, course and insurance i was about 4k all in.
I was 28 at the time, been with that insurance company for like 8 years thought my dad. Desjardins if you're curious.

pic unrelated

i'm and when i was in my early 20's i was paying 390/month for a 95 integra GSR. No tickets or anything on my record. Ontario having high insurance memes are true.

$1400/year for a motorcycle with liability/collision sounds pretty normal considering leafbuck exchange rates but $6-7k annually for car insurance sounds like canuck bullshit

Without NATOZOGs you would still be riding my Kawasaki up your ass, if you catch my drift,,,

Every insurance provider I have met with has quoted me at the very least at $5.5k a year, and that was with some gps tracker that monitors your driving habits.
I'm 22 and have been driving since I was 16, but I have never had my own insurance on a vehicle. I've been living at home throughout school, and have been insured, but on my fathers policy. If I could get a bike and be paying less than $3k/yr on insurance, I would be happy as fuck.

I pay $400/year for this. Prices over there sound fucked.

That's absurd. On what vehicle?

Wat job

t. Trying to become a mech engineer

Do you really want to pick her bike up every 10 minutes because she dropped it by basically nearly standing still every tiem? :^)

2007 corolla S

do you by chance live in brampton? I was told on good authority that they have the highest insurance rates in all of ontario.

North York, around DVP and Sheppard

Something about love and peace?

Were you on your father's policy as secondary driver, and therefore have had 6 years of legitimate insurance history? Go to the same insurance company your dad is with and see if they can hook you up, thats what desjardin did for me.

Ontario a shit, you should move.

That's insane. Do you live where the chinese hordes are immigrating to? That's probably why your insurance quotes are through the roof.

Boipucci inspector

More and more chinks, pakis and arabs every day.

Prison warden or prostate examination led?

Examinationer

That's west coast. Our accident rates are higher than Ontario but our insurance is still way cheaper.

friendly reminder stretched peters can wang

youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOFimB7ZA

I wonder if stretching a bike makes it easy enough so that even I could drift...

I’m looking to get a tuono in a few months. Iv had a sv650 for 3 years and have only just realised my 6’4” frame looks kinda stupid on it...
Always loved the v4 and hopefully it’s a bit more comfier to ride for longer journeys

6'3 here
Aprilias are comfier for taller people than japs, but you're an idiot if you think a superbike will be more comfortable than a naked

Tuono is a naked you buttboi

That’s good to hear, Yh I dunno how you figured out I meant that obviously what u r saying is correct

Nice, probably one of the best bikes you can buy rn.. Between that and the SuperDuke imo (for the street).

It’s definitely got a more aggressive riding position than nearly any other naked though tbqhwyf

can someone post the photo of the cycle ergo grom

It's about average. Less aggressive than the S1000R naked but more than the Honda CB1000R

Tuono has always been "eeeeeeh give it straight bars and a bikini so we can claim lower insurance"

Ninjatte a best.

Why shouldn't I get a 1st gen KLR 650?

friendly reminder that spiked peters don't slide

youtube.com/watch?v=mdBp6zerwwA

>tfw no gwom...

Can anyone comment on the quality of ducatis?

My old man wants to get one but I'm not sure if thats a good investment.

I ride a kawasaki but I can't convince him to get one.

Its a good bike desu. they haven't changed much and some people argue the gen 1 is the best.

Hit and miss. Also expensive to maintain because they have a frequently serviced special snowflake valvetrain

>ducati rider A: my monster is going to last a lifetime!
>ducati rider B: call me honda rider A now. the valve guides in mine ate shit.

Nah not since they gave it a different engine.
Now it's bored out with lower top end for more tork
The older ones had a lot less fairings too.

friendly reminder you can paddle yer peter

youtube.com/watch?v=uhCocXAskWw

What like a Multistrada?

I heard these are starting to show electrical gremlins regarding the stators

No, that's the previous gen
Jesus Christ learn to google

friendly reminder you can have a dirty peter

youtube.com/watch?v=E6vvntP56mw

If a peter can take on trail riding with the right tires why are rally bikes still so slow?

>sleeping on a dune
Sucks the heat out of you like a vampire.

I have a rotax 2ono and I'm about 5'9, its pretty tall for me. If the dimensions are similar then it would probably be a good fit. Feels comf when cruising on it, bars are nice and wide, flat seat, never any back pain; only thing is creaky knees after a few hours.

It's plenty cheap if your bike doesn't take fat sport tires, a thick fucking chain meant to handle 100+hp, and guzzle gas as fast as a car to make that power. Maybe get a 50hp-ish shaft drive commuter.

But then it's not very fun

The person I bought it off of was probably around 6'2 so it at least had some appeal to that tall person at least.

Fuck off and let your dad do what he wants. They obviously cost more to maintain but they hold their value amazingly well compared to a Kawasaki.