What is the stupidest thing you have done with your car?

What is the stupidest thing you have done with your car?

he prob saw that footage of the nsx driving through the water and thought he could do the same

Spent about $15k modding it then moved into the city a year later so now it just sits in storage where I only drive it maybe once every three months.

wow, florida is a shithole

I ran it low on oil without realizing it for like a month

Killed someone in West Texas, back in 78.
Hit a teen with my Dodge. Don't regret it. He was black.

I high centered my first car on a curb that separated two parking lots at 2:00 in the morning. I had to go get a jack to get the car unstuck.

accidentally put windshield washer fluid in the coolant reservoir. what a waste it was fixing that mess.

sent to west Texas sheriffs offices They will investigate this you know.

>windshield washer fluid
so water?

>so water
Enjoy your frozen washer fluid system in the winter

winter never goes below 5c where i live because i'm not in the 3rd world

>5c
>c
>not in the 3rd world
lmao

buy it
lmao

Most of the third world is tropical?

letting someone else work on my car, friend said he would change oil and inspect the car after i bought it
he told me he changed it but it turns out he didn't, only telling me when I checked the dipstick with only a dab of oil 1mm at the end of the stick. his excuse was that he "couldnt get the plug loose"

hes a moron and so am i for that near fuckup.

He should have Dodged

I played ships mast

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Also:
>global rule 2

What's ships mast?

Seen this shit a hundred times in vegas.

Funny enough, I've seen cop cars get flooded out too.

You drive in a car and climb out onto the roof while moving

did mainies with steel trays under the back wheels.

I sheared off a stud while working on the diesel injection pump because it was dark and I was tired and a bunch of other excuses I tell myself to feel better about being stupid.

Since then I have cursed Joe Lucas and his descendants every night before bed.

Also I once raced another Mercedes down the "highway" and he crashed and died inorder to avoid hitting a lane hogging 80's VW Polo.

>america
>first world
nearly every developed country in the world uses celcius

Bought it

absolutely sperged
enjoy the rust

Rolled it on the freeway and took out a motorcyclist while I was upside down 5ft off the ground

I jumped a hill and hit a bunch of rocks at the bottom and destroyed the front end entirely

>USA
>crikey.jpg

did a Scandinavian flick and over-corrected into a gutter. rip wheels x2, tyres x2, control arm x1

im sorry e36

When he closed the door I kinda hoped he locked his keys in it.

not an e36 :(

crest, jump maybe. keep in, rocks on exit.

>first time ever going to a track
>turn off ESC in the rain because muh skids
I also jumped it over a crest going 200 in a 70 zone

went 130mph in my shitbox on some rotas and dry rotted tires that i bought for 500$

try to handbrake drift on ice while speeding

Probably driving it an hour in the middle of the night while fucked up out of my mind on DXM.

Most stressful shit I've ever experienced while driving.

Backed into a tree

I swear 50% of all minivans have the same tree or pole-induced dent in the rear bumper straight back from the driver's headrest, including the one rotting in my driveway

Attempted drifting in snow in my shitty GMC Envoy and gave it too much throttle. Spun backwards up onto a median at about 35MPH and bent a control arm, narrowly avoided a large concrete pillar, just clipped my driver’s mirror on it.

Well it is usually the first place to hit, and its probably from calculating wrong when reversing into somewhere

I was just stressed out, going to an event and having to wait for the guy I was bringing along with me. Got to the forest patch where I was going to park, started backing up and didn't realise that the tree was that close and just smacked into it

Luckily my best bud is a really skilled body fixer, and his dad has any tool you could imagine

Too bad it wasn't Alphonse, but thank you for your service.

First time driving on ice i hit the brakes because it thought it would be fun to slide around, ended up wildy swerving to avoid concrete barriers on both sides before spinning out into a corn field.
I go slow on ice now.

you can handbrake drift at 15kph when it's icy speeding was indeed stupid

I slid off a gravel road and snapped my sway bar links and cracked my bumper. Figured the empty roads would be the best place to practice driving stick but I didn't realize how different driving an old RWD shitbox is compared to the typical cars I was used to.

I've since improved and have become the rally master

Drove my mom's 07shitvic onto a curb turning right into a plaza on a tight exit only driveway. I attempted to despite seeing another car stuck in the same position a day prior. My buddy with me thought I couldn't make it but I had to show him how tight the turning radius was.

Luckily it perched itself on top of the engine subframe so there was no major damage and my buddy's dad drove up 2 mins later to help us lift it up and slide it back onto the pavement.

I sprayed brake cleaner on the engine right after driving it

they fucking glow in the dark

Drifted a 90 degree corner in a front wheel drive car at 50mph. Went into a ditch like a cruise missile.

Car still drives fine to this day.

based

Doing God's work

Drove it with a quart too much of transmission fluid for like 2 years. Transmission is miraculously not fucked. Also, fell asleep at the wheel on my way to school once and went off the road. Took out a mail box and one of those double posted road signs.

Is it Florida? I would be surprised if it is since everywhere has tons of drainage to take hurricanes to the face. I've never seen flooding like that anywhere here, its amazing how much water Florida streets can drain

Kill yourself my man

got iced out once pretty bad in my town once. went to my malls empty parking lot a knight with my brother and just did donuts and tried drifting around for a bit

Did a Scandinavian flick at a really stupid place. Did a 270 degree spin and slammed rear right wheel into a curb. Fixed it by buying a new set of summer tires for the original rims that I got with the car. Cost me about 240 usd and from now on I'll never try that outside of a parking lot again.
Who am I kidding, I'll do it when I'm confident enough in my drifting skills.

I tried to suicide by crashing into a bridge support.
Didn't hit it fast enough apparently

I crashed

gonna greentext this out for simplicity.

>be me
>about a month ago
>out for a late night drive in off-roader of choice
>in the area of one of my favorite trails, I know it pretty well
>not too much risk, everything is beyond frozen, its been in the 10s for the past week
>little bit of snow on the ground, that shouldn't effect too much, done it before in the snow
>come up to the first of three fords
>it is frozen solid, I go across no problem
>some rough trail later, I come up to the next, again no problem
>then after some time I come to the third, the widest
>I get out into the middle of it, frozen solid and I hear ice cracking
>in a second I drop three feet into this stream, trapped in a hole of three inch thick ice
>with no better option, I fucking floor it, ice keeps cracking, and I make it about 3 feet before the ice gets too thick around the bank and I can't make it over this shelf of 5 inch thick ice, I'm just high enough on it that if I keep going forward it will be straight on with my bumper and sheer it off
>so I pull the same move in reverse and manage to get back onto the bank

I lightly fucked up my bumper and had a good scare.

8/10 would do again, but use hindsight to assist me.

Are you that kid with the M3?

ordered the wrong intake it was too high so it stuck out of the hood hahaha

>hot day
>almost completely stopped bumper to bumper traffic for 5 miles
>rad had a leak i didnt know about
>not paying attention to tach
>drove it until the engine seized

I’ve run it out of oil like five times. Still runs, oddly enough

There are actually boomers on Veeky Forums... on Veeky Forums. How does that happen?

I was being an asshole and driving fast (30+ at least) on a 45 -> 55 mph area, coming up quickly on a tow truck first and then a semi.
The tow truck wanted to become an asshole too and sped up to try and deny me passage.
I still pushed forward and I came to the bumper of the semi, and reached the point where I had to commit to passing (and take the consequence) or brake and accept defeat.

Of course I was stupid and passed, probably inches from the tow truck driver and semi.

On a previous car, I raced a train to pass it at the crossing.

Unironically risk my life daily because i'm depressed + on steroids while enjoying driving fast

This

>maccas trays
>burnouts
>handbrakies
>going >200kmh (on tyres rated to 140 max)
>nearly lift off oversteering it into armco because i thought i was so cool drifting a fwd shitbox

all this in a $400 camry, no regrets and it still runs perfect-ish

It also helps because our ground is limestone, so it doesn't hold water nearly as much

Bought a 10k car

Spent years modding it and buying parts, car eventually was stolen for a day, cops found it and the guy who took it

He was arrested and charged, than he was given probation only, basically tore up my cars interior and the car was fixed but not the way it was orignally, eventually the car got in an accident since i was driving it in a snow bank and it was done for

I probably could have spent the additional money to get it back on the road and driving but it literally became a shitbox

>2017, stranded on the road a bunch of times as well since alternator went out, than two batteries etc...

I finally just got rid of it and said fuck it, bought something newer

Driving drunk in an ice storm with bald summer tires. I slid my truck into a ditch and my friend had to pull me out with his jeep. Had to get a new quarter panel, front bumper and two new rims. Also really fucked up the alignment

Last day of second year of college, I was up for ~68 hours, and drove about 2 hours home on an interstate. Had a monster and 24 ounces of coffee to get me home before sleeping for 18 hours straight.

I did 90 in my 15 dollar a peice tires with 15 dollar a peice front struts

Launched myself into a bog at 80 in an attempt to kill myself. Both me and the car lived unfortunately

Scratch the side on a wall.

Hit the limiter in my $500 287k mile ex-fleet Ranger, tires of which not one matched another, two blown shocks, the others just worn the fuck out, in the middle of the night on a poorly maintained county road with numerous potholes, some of which were so large I have personally pulled out cars which had gotten stuck in them.

Looks like what happened to mine. Bent subframe and bearing.

No i'm just a dumbass who killed a honda trying to be Collin McRae

Got an automatic trailblazer for my 16 birthday and thought I could try to drift it by taking a corner at like 50 and pulling on the e brake

Somehow I didn't flip or overcompensate and wrap myself around a tree

Later tried drifting around a icy bend in a blizzard and ended up going sideways down the road for about 200 feet and taking out a bunch of mailboxes

I don't know how I'm still Alive

Dank magic

Cars unite normies and autists

Launched my altima over an off camber blind crest at 60mph and sent it skidding 30ft down the road sideways, if someone were on the other side their death would have been comically swift
It was 4am a back road, but still

good thing he had a miniature rune pickaxe at hand

why?

finance it

crashed in some parked car while drunk driving. nobody noticed so i didnt stop

Drove it drunk several times (to pick up more beers of course..)

desu there is nothing wrong with driving drunk as long as you take the back roads and be careful

Why would you EVER move INTO a city? Your goal should be to get escape the city.

God would be proud.

Went over an IED and lost both of my legs in Iraq

When I was learning to drive manual, I didn't know there was a difference between engine braking and clutch braking. So I tried "engine braking" by downshifting. That cost about $2000.

I'm too scared to try learning how to launch or do burnouts because this has made me terrified of clutch dumping. Also because I'm not exactly sure how to go about it and I don't trust any info about it online as being truth instead of someone feeding me false info to get me to destroy my transmission.

FOLLOW ME

SET ME FREE

Dangs fur ur servigs :DDD

pics or it didn't happen

COME WITH ME AND WE’LL ESCAPE FROM THE CITY

Fuck you

He was probably cia. Good job.

and the most developed nation uses Fahrenheit.