Next Supra is a rebadged BMW

>Next Supra is a rebadged BMW

Kill me

Other urls found in this thread:

youwheel.com/home/2016/06/20/car-body-torsional-rigidity-a-comprehensive-list/
youtube.com/watch?v=-3YFTFLmcfk
caranddriver.com/porsche/911
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i just dont get what BMW is gaining from this collab?

Maybe they get to make their first reliable model ever?

But everything is from a ground up built BMW, why should it be reliable?

My guess is they've started collaborating long ago, so they shared expertise. BMW engineers design a car that handles well and has a silky smooth I6, and Toyota engineers make it so that it actually works

I also don't get it.

It'll also taint Toyota name with all the BMW problems.

Who cares? None of you faggots will be able to afford it.

Because it's not a US built BMW.

JUST

>caring about literal boiracer bullshit one-offs with cloth seats

Can you imagine if they have made that but with taste, it would have dominated all.

>4200 lbs
>400whp
the bmw/supra will walk circles around it

Is that a trunk instead of a based liftback?
It's dead to me.

What's wrong with bmw you fucking nigger?

When is this even coming out?

Planning on getting a 86 this year and don't want to have regrets.

it's a fedora on wheels

that would be benz

Nah, Benz makes fat sedans and sells them as fat sedans; BMW makes sedans and sells them as sportscar

except bmw actually does build sporty sedans unlike benz.
benz takes a pigfat luxury car, throws in a big V8 and calls it a ''performance car''

>it has an M
>"wow so sporty"
>"totally different from a 3 series cuckbox"
>"only half a ton heavier than a 911"

wow you really don't know shit about cars if you think the M3 is the same as a 3 series.
M4 weighs less/the same as a 911 Turbo S autismo

The M3 literally is a 3 series version.

with a different engine, gearbox, bodykit, suspension/chassis, brakes, carbon fiber parts, the list is long.
I think you're confusing the 340i with an M3.

it's still shit

if you say so

Still a rebadged 3 series, and no different from what Benz does.

Benz does no chassis tuning, they all handle like boats.

looks like that mercedes prototype that appeared in gran turismo. JUST indeed

youwheel.com/home/2016/06/20/car-body-torsional-rigidity-a-comprehensive-list/

Fucking retard. M cars have a completely redesigned chassis with 30% more torsional rigidity, which means vastly improved handling from the chassis alone, wait till they add all the other stuff

post ONE better compact saloon i dare you

How about one that's cheaper, handles better, has a better ride and suspension, is all made from aluminum and has better pedigree and more prestige?

>he thinks some base model jaguar has better handling than anything
>he thinks some noname jaguar has more pedigree than the car that pioneered and ruled the compact sports sedan category for more than 30 years
you couldve posted a cadillac ats v or something

Are you fucking kidding? The first-generation XE has better pedigree than the BMW 3-Series?

Too late

An 86 is likely to leave you with at least mild regrets. If you get one, then plan on selling it for something better, modifying it, or just living with mild regret and enjoying what's good.

I still haven't decided which way to go. Trying to decide if it's really worth dropping the shekels to go upmarket.

>Planning on getting a 86 this year and don't want to have regrets.

Shouldn't be a problem. People who have driven them will tell you just how good they are. /spoiler/ exceptionally /!spoiler/

JUST PUT AN I6 IN THE GT86 TOYOTA
THAT'S ALL IT HAS TO BE

Won't fit legaly.

>all made from aluminium
the m3 has more carbon fiber parts than the jag has aluminium

Jaguar XE is the best handling 4 door car ever produced, and I ain't even a shill. Every comparison review states that. It simply has the best 4 door chassis ever made.

In addition to that BMW is so common among normies that they aren't even considered Luxury anymore. Jaguar has always produced Luxury above BMW and Mercedes, and thankfully that status hasn't been brought down to meme-status by Arabs and Niggers

post source on the best handling 4 door?
>but muh status

Literally too fucking long, a v6 would be better

120deg V6 with a dry sump. It would LITERALLY fix all the problems. That's the only option if the corporate boremasters won't let an FA20-derived H6 be put in.

Watch this motortrend comparison

youtube.com/watch?v=-3YFTFLmcfk

Dude that is a base model 3 series.
M3 is on a different league.

remove rear seats
put front seats further back
1fz-gte with a few simple mods
mk4 and mk3 supra styled front clip
optional 2ur-gte
optional/mandatory wing depending on trim level

But then if the base Jag is quote 'Much sportier' than the base 3 series, then you can extrapolate that the XE R is going to be better as well

It's been done before, and although I'd love to see a good I6 in a sports car, I wouldn't really complain if they just tossed a V6 into it.

They share R&D costs with Toyota, so it's cheaper for them to produce Z4s

the thing is, other manufacturers have been building ''m3 killers'' for decades now and yet nobody has dethroned the M3 as the leader of the segment.
Every time a new sports saloon is presented it is automatically compared to the M3. Every time a new sports sedan is getting developed the M3 is used as the benchmark to measure what a real sports sedan should be like.
Even if the XE R will be good the next gen 3 series/M3 will be presented next year and it will set the benchmark once again.

worst proportions ive ever seen on a car

I got dis

PERFECT

That's purty.

>RX9
The RX7 price segment is considered non-existent. SAD

>Toyota corporate
>how can we a serr more supras to American women
>we firr Supra full of many cute dogu

Oh wow another curvy, futuristic car that is only distinguishable from the others by the badge, except this one has a Toyota badge! How prestigious! That is sure to sell, especially next to the word "Gazoo"! Can't wait for this car to be geared completely against enthusiasts!

>i just dont get what BMW is gaining from this collab?

They get access to Toyota tech (particularly their manufacturing). and BMW gets to sell their own rebadged version as their new Z5.

Toyota can't make a proper sports car anymore, so they need someone else to make it for them.

for a minimal hack
it shows that even with the Lexis head lights and grill gone
there is still some issue with the a pillar and side profile of the front window
even the bonnet height where it meets the wind shield is a little off

>Kill me

BMW is a LUXURY SPORTS car brand you utter moron, It's an HONOR for Toyota not the other way around

implying this isnt the best sports car ever

>sports sedan
It's a stupid concept to begin with. A bloated, pigfat 80k sportscar sounds like something only a woman would ask for.

except it weighs as much as a Porsche 911.
It is a daily useable sports car, its a great category.

How many hp does that grill add?

More than you can afford, pal

What 911 has ever weighted 3600lb?

caranddriver.com/porsche/911

>Toyota keeps leaking info
>looks shittier and shittier every time
>fans get mad
>troll everyone when release day comes, release a car with a slightly facelifted supra mark 4 body, BMW tech and a better engineered 2jz capable of crazy boost
>make it easy as possible to work on by tuners
>stock transmission able to handle 1500hp
This is the universe I want to live in

>>make it easy as possible to work on by tuners
>>BMW tech and a better engineered 2jz capable of crazy boost
well that will be true

Source? You'd think that if they wanted the tuner demographic they'd release it in a manual optiom

source: N54 and B58 being good for 800+hp on stock internals

>90's bubbly headlights and spoiler

Because Toyota isn't gonna let BMW release a car under their name that has glaring problems.

i heard somewhere that BMW was after Toyota's battery and electronics hardware, thats why they handed over the Z4 engine and chassis so quickly.

Came here to post this

why do you faggots keep calling this is a supra
when toyota has not said a word about it being called a supra

>he wants the next supra molested by the Germans
End yourself

thats not a supra

#notmysupra

Do you know what pedigree means

this version looks good imo

Lotus MR-S when?

Observed.

Giulia.

a man can dream
make samurai scare jews again

bmw is synonymous with douchedom and unreliability you fucking mongoloid don't taint my pure blood with that garbage

>BMW engine
>good
>ever
nope

ROFL ///M-edition cars are a fucking joke, that's why BMW also sells an ///M'ed X3, X5 and X6 you beemer fiends will think its the tits since its the MMMMMMMMM

Contrast with AMG has very little in common with the regular models save for the body itself. Custom motor, different transmission, stiffer shocks, lowered ride height, bigger brakes, some carbon fiber, different exhaust, different ECU tuning.

With M you just get some stubby side mirrors and some grille stripes and maybe a little extra emblem on the glovebox

WGAF what they call it, you and I already know merging BMW's shit reliability with Toyota's legendary blandness is going to make this a car nobody will ever buy

God I hate those grilles, the ones from VAG cars and Toyotas suck too do they even have a full-width crossmember under that shit to protect the radiator at least?

whenever someone uses the word pedigree they never know what the fuck they're talking about and want to sound smart

t. dennis reynolds

The GT spoiler and the ducklip looks bad together imo

>not realizing Veeky Forums is still Running in the 90's

You can probably buy 3 GT86s for the price of a supra

Currently a lot of review praise the XE and how well sorted the chassis and suspension is and how well it actually handles. I wouldn't say it's yhe best handling 4 door saloon because thst would be baseless. But a lot of reviews says it's as good or if not better at handleing compared to the 3 or 5 series. The M series will obviously better since things like the M3 and M5 go from 40 to 80k compared to the XE which is 28 to 50k pretty much. But I wouldn't knock the Jag it really is a great handling car.
t. a Jag XE owner

Genuine question as I'm from yuropooria, why don't burgerbros buy bmw's made in germany? I believe several brands offer this including bmw

POO