God I really want a honda s2k but all the ones for sale in the US have been molested

God I really want a honda s2k but all the ones for sale in the US have been molested.
The ones that have been less molested are going for like 4/5 the price it was new 18 years ago with 120k miles.
Would it be worth just buying a moderately touched one and just stocking it out? Usually the mods are a CAIs, exhaust systems, rims, headlights, or headunits

At some point this is a question we will need to ask about ANY enthusiast car so might as well get it out of the way now.

I perfer to buy cars with bpu upgrades. Haggle for dat cheap price + i would do those upgrades already

consider that most of these "upgrades" are just cheap ebay parts installed with zip ties in some man's front yard

Have you actually driven one of these turds?

What exactly do you not like about them?

Just buy a goddamn Miata

There's a Miata parked just down the road from me under a car cover for the winter. By the dimensions, it appears to be one of the earlier ones that are smaller like they ought to be.

Is it generally considered to be fair play to replace the car with hay bales or whatever else under the covers and go joyriding in it to confirm whether or not a Miata is always the correct answer to everything in life?

>stock engine puts out lawnmower-power
>non-popup models that arent brand new 2017 are fuck-ugly
>popup models come pre-rusted
>literally only memed like the civic because of the abundance of mods and cheap repairs
no thanks i already have a shitbox

The complete lack of torque just kills it for me. I genuinely thought something was wrong with the car.

this is a legitimate concern thinking about it now
thank you for pointing this out to me

I'm far from being able to buy any car but, is 16k worth for an S2K? I haven't done an in-depth research but I haven't found anything cheaper where I live

could supercharging it fix this?

where I live modded ones go $8-10k, whereas stock ones go for up to $20k which is heavily too much

No, it’s not worth it. By the time you replace everything and possibly replace the engine you’ll be around the same price. Just give up on getting an s2k, buy a toyobaru instead

Yeah, lots of people end up adding blowers. I couldn’t justify the cost, but that would be a fun car.

Personally I would say no. You can buy a used Miata or GT86 for the price and they would be newer and make around the same power
I don't see any reason to get a S2000 unless you REALLY want a convertible that can rev to 9000rpm
That being said, I've never really liked the S2000 but that may differ for other people who do like the car

Just get one. Fuck a slow ass Miata. I love my 04. Miatas don't come close to the rarity or performance potential.

Make around the same power. Lol. Dumb ass. A S2000 tuned vs a full bolt on 86 with a tune still gets utterly destroyed by an S2000. A GT86 is Civic Si performance at best.

For the price of S2000s, I'd hope the owners have enough income to at least get the memed parts most frequently recommended on forums. Go look at the shits, test drive if you get serious about one, and just look at how those typical mods were done. You don't need a dead stock example.

>reddit spacing
>faggoty way of talking
>dumb hypotheticals
please leave

If you actually have a little to play with a used boxter can be worth looking at.

A C5 is better, for less.

>wants a sportscar but is afraid of revving the engine
That's the whole fun of the S2K, you babbies. If you're afraid to put your foot down then this isn't the car for you I'm afraid

Only thing Ive done to mine is a shift knob, exhaust, carbon fiber hood, strut brace, and mugen snorkel.

Do you seriously not know how to greentext?
>”lol. Dumb ass.”
>makes unsubstantiated claim
Never post ever again

s3k WHEN?

>S2000
>237-247 hp
>153-163 lb-ft

>Miata
>140 hp
>116 lb-ft

>BR-Z
>200 hp
>151 lb-ft

You dumb fag

And that's why faggots like ls swaps, high torque at a low no fun rpm for babies too afraid to rev.